“Yummy food, great atmosphere.”
Review of Momocho

Momocho
Ranked #12 of 1,844 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$14 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Momocho serves award winning modern mexican cuisine / located in the historic ohio city neighborhood / dinner 6 nights a week + weekday happy hour from 5pm-630pm / seasonal outdoor patios / reservations accepted for parties of 6 or less / viva momocho!
Cleveland, Ohio
“Yummy food, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed dining at Momocho's. We had a really early saturday night dinner and got there before 6pm as we couldn't get a reservation when we tried booking the day before. The place was already 3/4 full when we arrived, thankfully we got one of the last seats at the bar. The staff were really helpful in recommending drinks and food. Good range of alcoholic drinks and had a few non alcoholic drink options too including a cherry virgin margarita. They have a huge of guacamole options which you can get to start, we skipped this as it came with my meal. Guacamole was nice but nothing rave about, overall our dishes were delicious. Had lobster empanadas, mahi mahi and the wild. Quite trendy with nice decor and dim lighting. We'll be back.

• Visited October 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Visit to the city”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Great food. Service was good. Dim lighting, if you like that kind of thing. Art on the walls was not my favorite, but I was busy enough eating their great food, so I didn't care. Would definitely return. Guacamole was fantastic and served with warm, house made chips.

El Paso, Illinois
“Eclectic Menu, Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Starting with literally hundreds of margarita choices- from cucumber to mango, moving on to an array of salsas and guacamoles- from crab and corn to blue cheese and ... Moving on to empanadas of lobster and cauliflower and an entree that included a pork chop with an exceptional mole sauce.

These people know how to do food. Every food tv show has popped up here, so you either need reservations, need to be willing to share a table, or be willing to wait. We opted for table sharing in the bar area. It was really noisy in the bar area, but that didn't detract from the food, and by 9:00 the bar quieted down so we could talk and enjoy our food. Bottom line- Momocho is terrific!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Cabdg
Sudbury, Canada
“Best Mexican Ever!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I've had plenty of chain type Mexican, eaten in Mexico over several trips and been to a few good independent places. Momocho topped them all!

Service was great, attentive but not intrusive though animated.

I usually listen to recommendations then do my own thing but Lee seemed pretty passionate. So my wife and I followed his lead and wow! The tamales, I had the scallops after sharing house made guac and chips. The chips were awesome on their own! Best meal in recent memory and a highlight of our trip to Cleveland!

• Visited September 2013
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
“Best Meal in C-Town”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The food here is so good. I still think about the margaritas I ate here. I loved the food so much, and the staff is great.

• Visited December 2012