“So glad we made time to come here”

A Christmas Story House
Ranked #9 of 188 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: A Christmas Story House, now restored to its movie splendor, is open year round to the public for tours. Directly across the street from the house is the official A Christmas Story House Museum, which features original props, costumes and memorabilia from the film, as well as hundreds of rare behind-the-scenes photos. Among the props and costumes are the toys from the Higbee's window, Randy's snowsuit, the chalkboard from Miss Shields' classroom and the family car. After reliving A Christmas Story at Ralphie's house don't forget to visit the museum gift shop for your own Major Award Leg Lamp and other great movie memorabilia.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's kind of out of the loop but I'm really glad we made time to stop here on our trip. The house is exacting replica and everything is interactive. We also learned a lot of the back story behind the author and the story of making the movie.

There are newer reviews for A Christmas Story House

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A nice time was spent going back in time to see the original house where they filmed A Christmas Story. Driving through an older neighborhood and finding this well kept treasure in the middle of a somewhat run down area was different. There is a gift shop across the street with all kinds of goodies to purchase. This house was interesting to go through--you purchase your ticket ($10) from the gift store and you get a tour and inside stories about the place, filming, etc. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Before, during or after the Christmas holiday season, this is a nice place to take your children - or anyone of any age! We watched the movie before going and tried to recall where scenes were shot. Why not buy a "leg lamp" in the gift shop of the Christmas Story House! Take advantage of the area and visit some local restaurants in Tremont on the West Side of Cleveland. I highly suggest eating at "Sokolowski's University Inn". This cafeteria style restaurant was established in 1923 and has served many famous celebrities. The food is delicious, abundant, and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Robert Z
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I loved it! To be able to take pictures and be where a lot was filmed along with learning about the author etc. ton of fun!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

It's a house where A Christmass story movie was made. Sadly, I never had a chance to see this movie, so I didn't oh and ah like other people around me. They were thrilled. And I can see why, but as I said, I couldn't experience it to the full, cause I have to catch up on it. :)

There are actually 3 houses - one where the movie was shot, another one is a museum and a third one is a gift shop. Just for the Chrismass spirit (or in my case, New Year's) it was worth visiting and what's more - kids really liked it! Now they also have to watch the movie and to really appreciate our experience.