This was a very nice B&B. The owner, Richard, makes sure his guests are comfortable. Snacks and sodas are always on hand, and he cooks a tasty breakfast each morning. The building is a victorian mansion, updated with modern conveniences. Stone Gables is in the Ohio City neighborhood of Cleveland, which is very pretty and is home to many restaurants and bars and the West Side Market. The B&B is about 1.5 miles from the center of downtown Cleveland, and so is a very short drive or Rapid Transit ride away. Or if you enjoy walking, you can reach downtown on foot.
The two small downsides are (some of?) the bedrooms are on the small side, but guests are free to use any of the common areas, which are very comfortable and have plenty of seating, so the size of the room did not turn us off. (The house is also filled with reading material, TVs, internet access, and board games.) And the B&B is a little on the expensive side, but is less expensive than most hotels downtown and you get a unique experience, so again, we were not turned off by the price.
I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five room bed and breakfast all bedrooms with private bathrooms, king or queen beds and satellite television. Some rooms with whirlpool tubs, child friendly. Relax in the historic elegance but with all the modern comfort. Located in historic Ohio City on Cleveland's west side. Only 6 blocks from W.25th restaurants and breweries. One mile from downtown, two miles from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Five miles from Cleveland Clinic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Stone Gables Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Gables Hotel Cleveland
- Stone Gables b&b
- Stone Gables Bed And Breakfast Cleveland, Ohio