“From Baltimore to CLE”

and 1 more site!
Stone Gables Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at the Stone Gables back in August 2013 (and I will be back there this weekend), and it was great! I stayed in the Red Room with the jet tub and bay window... Richard discounted my rate since I had to catch an early flight back and wouldn't be able to partake of his breakfast. I mean, who does that?! He's amazingly accomodating, allowing for early morning checkin if the room is unoccupied. The house is homey, and tastefully decorated... The piano in the great room is tuned and ready to go (ask my partner who gave me a quick serenade when we arrived)... It is a great place to stay. Private parking in the back. You get a key to come and go as you please. Historic neighborhood. This was my first visit to Cleveland, but Stone Gables will, without question, be my go-to spot when I am there...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Richard, the owner, made us feel welcome and at home. The room was very comfortable and private. Breakfast was delicious, especially his french toast. If you wanted to have something else such as cereal, that option was available as well.
Will be returning to Stone Gables when next in Cleveland.
Thanks Richard!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

October 9, 2013
This is a wonderful place to stay. Our only regret is not being
able to stay longer. It is beautiful, comfortable, quiet, very
clean & intriguing. We've stayed in a few B&B places over the years
but Stone Gables by far surpasses them all. We enjoyed walking
through the house as there was so much to see & admire. We took a
walk down the street which was quite an adventure to see all of the
old homes with so much character. There is a very interesting
looking haunted house in the same block. Richard, the innkeeper,
made us feel very welcome & makes delicious french toast. We hope
to return & try the chocolate waffles next time.
Jim & Jackie from Michigan

Room Tip: The South room was our choice as it had extra space. Very quiet & comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We found this B&B online and based upon reviews, decided to give it a try. What a little gem in Ohio City! Richard is a wonderful and attentive host. Breakfast was excellent! Would highly recommend this place...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I found Stone Gables online, went to the website, explored the whole place and I was sold on it being a great way to spend several days in Cleveland. I had no idea how good it would be.
The exterior is epic. Old world look surrounded by lush gardens.
The first step inside I thought of home, the smell of Apple/Cinnamon, classic furniture / carpet in a dimly lit hallway and the piano, decor, design and art work completed a very upscale place to stay.
We stayed in the Red Room. Everything in the room made feel less like guests and more like family. Having our own bathroom added to an already great beginning.
The bed was high quality as were the linens.
We slept soundly. Breakfast the next morning was homemade by Richard personally for us and it was delish. Then he sat and ate with us and gave us great tips on things to do in Cleveland. We followed his tips and had a wonderful time.
Richard defines what a perfect host is. He treated us like his family and when we come back we will look at no other place as this was the best travel experience we've had.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank humbleref
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We spent the night at Stone Gables for our Anniversary. The location is perfect for access to all the Cleveland venues and sights and the neighborhood was lovely. We had a splendid stay and a delicious breakfast. Nicely done. Thank you Richard, for the lovely memories.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here with one of our kids last night and loved it! We came just to see a baseball game and it was the perfect location as we could walk to the ballpark, downtown and the eclectic west side. Richard is a wonderful host and a great cook. He gave us lots of helpful information and keeps his B&B stocked with snacks and drinks for weary travelers . I'm gluten free and he even bought me special bread, very thoughtful! Great place.

• Stayed: July 2013