We recently stayed for 4 nights at the Stone Gables. When we checked in there were fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the dining room. Our first night, we stayed in the South Room (3rd floor), which has a separate living room. I have to admit I think that was my favorite room. The bedroom has windows that are high up, so you get light but it's very private. There is also a mini-fridge right out side the door that Richard supplies with water, so you don't have to go down. The second night, we stayed in the red room(2nd floor), which was just lovely (has Jacuzzi tub) but a lot smaller. However, there is a shared living room area for the red room, with the yellow and blue rooms. It is filled with tons of board games, a tv, a phone, books, etc. The whole place has details- from the antique furniture, art, satellite TV to the soft toilet paper in the bathrooms. There is wireless Internet, a baby grand piano in the main living room and even a Sony play station. You have to see the place in person to appreciate all of the details. It’s a Victorian building that has totally been renovated and every detail restored. The owner sat with us at breakfast one morning and explained how he restored the plaster ceiling moldings. And to top it all of he serves a wonderful gourmet breakfast- fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juice and the item of the day. We had French toast, decadent chocolate waffles(topped with fresh whipped cream), and eggs benedict during our stay. The neighborhood is still up and coming. There are many newly restored houses in the neighborhood but there are still some sketchy streets. That said, it is still one of my favorite neighborhoods in Cleveland. There are many amazing restaurants nearby, though we drove to all of them. With all that the Stone Gables offers, I think it’s perfect for whatever you may be in Cleveland for- vacation or business. It was also the cheapest option available when we were looking to stay, what a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Office hours from 9am-9pm. Five room bed and breakfast all bedrooms with private bathrooms, king beds and satelite television. Some rooms with whirlpool tubs, child friendly and pet friendly. Relax in the historic elegance but with all the modern comfort. Located in historic Ohio City on Cleveland's west side. Only 6 blocks from w.25th restaurants and breweries. One mile from downtown, two miles from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Seven miles from Cleveland Clinic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Stone Gables Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stone Gables b&b
- Stone Gables Hotel Cleveland
- Stone Gables Bed And Breakfast Cleveland, Ohio