“Brecksville's Secret Treasure”

Ranked #67 of 1,908 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Last Tuesday evening, my family and I opted for a change of pace in dining options and headed to the Courtyard Cafe for dinner. We live in a neighboring community and were tired of the same old chain restaurant options. Despite it being a weeknight, the Courtyard Cafe was absolutely buzzing with business! Parking was easy as the lot was ample for the amount of visitors to the shopping center where the restaurant is located. Now, I must be honest in saying that I have known about the Courtyard Cafe for years and years, but never felt it necessary to give it a try. Until now. And, am I ever glad I did.

We were quickly seated at a booth and a friendly server was eager to take our order. We were not ready so we gave her our drink order. Since we generally opt for vegetarian fare, we were curious as to what we might find on the abundant menu. My husband decided on an appetizer of potato skins with cheese and a portabello mushroom sandwich. My daughter ordered a sandwich called, The Healthy, and I ordered a vegetarian mushroom wrap with a side of fries.

While we were waiting, we enjoyed the view around our booth. The decor was cozy, warm and friendly with dark wood throughout. Green plaid fabrics adorned the cushioned booths and walls featured framed art, posters and photos of the local area. Everything was clean and well maintained. The ambiance was lively and friendly and folks from all age groups were present. TV's were located on various walls featuring news/sports. There was a roomy outdoor patio filled with diners that we could see through the numerous large picture windows that lined the exterior wall of the restaurant. Great natural and artificial lighting throughout made for easy eye contact with fellow diners.

Our food arrived in about 15-20 minutes and we were amazed by the portion sizes! They were ample to say the least. My husband was only able to eat two potato skins. They were generously donned with cheese and a maybe just a little too bit greasy. His portabello sandwich was very big, and abounded in lettuce and other fresh ingredients, it seemed to lack seasoning or marination. My vegetable wrap was very large, and the tortilla wrap was lightly crisped on the outside. The wrap was filled with sautéed mushrooms, onions, a touch of provolone and other delicious goodness. It was not a disappointment, but I will have to say that it, too lacked basic seasoning.

Our daughter enjoyed her Healthy Sandwich loaded with lettuce, cukes, thick avocado slices, etc. on what looked like freshly baked whole grain bread. She devoured the entire sandwich which seemed like an enormous feat for her small frame! We shared the side order of fries between the three of us.

Keep in mind that the menu features many items from salads, burgers, pizza and ribs to a variety of fish options. Finding many vegetarian options was a huge plus for our family.

Our waitress was friendly and quick to fulfill our needs. She was a little too hands-on with my husband, but he wasn't complaining and that's all I will say about that! We were happy to stumble on this secretly hidden gem in the heart of Brecksville and visit again sometime soon. The prices were affordable and I wouldn't mind making this a regular dining option.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Hands down my favorite place to eat. Great value, something for everyone, and friendly staff. Ive been coming here for 20 years and it never disappoints.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Wonderful soups,burgers fries. Great ribs and other meals and sandwiches . Servers are the best. We have loved this place for 20 yrs.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

My experience here has been limited to lunches. It's a nice burger and beer type Pub.

My associate lives nearby and enjoys it immensely and so when I'm in the area that's where we usually go for lunch.

It's good food, at a fair price, and most of the staff appears to have been there for a while since they work nicely as a team.

I can see why the locals like it.

I will say there is a new competitor nearby called Burntwood and I am told it has a similar menu. It will be interesting to see if the new outfit brings enough competition to Brecksville to cause Courtyard to step up their game.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Fantastic and consistent food. We love it here. We always have a good meal. The menu has a lot of variation that would appeal to anyone and most any specific craving........