“Very very slow service, decent food”
Review of Moosehead Saloon

Moosehead Saloon
Ranked #202 of 1,865 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We went on a recent Saturday, a little after 5:30 pm in the hopes of missing any dinner crowd. There were several open tables and it was not packed. We were seated quickly.

The waitress seemed to double as a bar tender though we were in a booth. It took 10-15 minutes for her to get around to taking our order. We ordered nachos as an appetizer and burgers and a salad for dinner, nothing fancy. Just regular pub food.

It took 35 minutes to get the appetizers and close to an hour to get the burgers. In the meantime, a couple in the next booth came in 5 minutes after us and had their entrees 15 minutes before we served our appetizer..

Another couple came in 2 booths down about 20 minutes after we ordered. They got their entrees severed before ours - even though we were there a full 30 minutes before they showed up .

Thus, the service was uneven and frustrating and I don't know if that was the server's fault or the kitchen's fault. So, I still gave a good tip as I don't know if the server was the problem or not.

The nacho appetizer was unusual in that it had no cheese. Also, My daughter was a bit perplexed to find some French fries buried in her chicken salad.

Overall, the portions were a good size and the food was decent but not great. We were not looking for fast food but we weren't expecting an hour and 40 minute meal for pub food.

I chose the place and was embarrassed by the service. Even my saintly wife was frustrated by the slow service. In a place that did not appear jammed, it was surprising and disappointing. Thus, we will dine elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I used to be a fairly regular customer until about 2 years ago. Took a co-worker to lunch at the Mooshead June 16, 2014 arrived about 12:40. When we arrived there were 6 people inside and maybe the same number on the patio. Ordered a Cobb Salad and a Grilled Chicken Salad that took over 15 minutes to come out of the kitchen. No only did the time to produce a salad seem exorbitant, the wait staff seem clueless to the need to expedite their orders to keep working people on schedule.

Frankly, I believe it should be pretty hard to mess up a salad. Well, the cooks at the Moosehead proved me wrong. When they arrived it was a bit of a surprise to find french fires covering the top of the grilled chicken salad that looked like it had been thrown together in a salad spinner and dumped in a bowl. The Cobb was only slightly better looking with strips of bacon dumped on one end.

For salads costing in the $11 - $15 range, I expect care in preparation, decent presentation and at lunch time when not very busy prompt service. Which is not what we received and is the determining factor in the decision to not return.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Casual dining offering an extensive menu of burgers, sandwiches, salads. Don't miss their potato chips! The patio is charming and intimate. The service is very good. Our waitress always checked on our needs and was quick to refill our iced teas. This is a great place for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

If you want to get away with another couple or your family for casual dinner, this is a great place! The menu is extensive, the burgers are great. The homemade chips and onion dip are fabulous. In the summer, the patio is such a nice option. Net, a great place for good food in a casual, neighborhood bar and restaurant feel.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We went there for lunch with friends during the week. Fortunately, we got there early, since the place is both small and popular. Our meals were very good. I especially enjoyed the turkey sandwich with cream cheese and cranberries. The homemade chips are indeed excellent. Although it was busy, it was not too noisy. We sat in a booth, so we did not feel too crowded. The room is quaint, like an old tavern. Service was just a little slow. I would go back again.