“Cleveland and J. Palen rock!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
J. Palen House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Shiloh, Illinois
“Cleveland and J. Palen rock!”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We decided to make Cleveland a stop on our road trip to Niagara Falls. We picked the J. Palen House because of it's nearness to the RR HOF and because it was in walking distance to several Food Network featured spots. We could not have been more pleased. The room was excellent and breakfast was exceptional.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
East Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I chose Cleveland to celebrate my birthday and my husband found the J Palen House. It was the best choice! We stayed in the Roost and the accommodations were perfect and Scott is a great host. I loved being in a neighborhood where we could walk to restaurants and especially the West Side Market. And it is a short drive to downtown attractions like the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame and great restaurants. I am so glad my husband found the J Palen House. I hope we can celebrate more birthdays in Cleveland!
Lisa and John, Connecticut

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Great place, great location, great service, and great breakfast. This was our second trip and it keeps gettting better.

Room Tip: So far the rooms have been wonderful
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We came to Cleveland to visit the Rock Hall and thought that would be the highlight of the trip...but the J. Palen House was the highlight! The Inn is perfection with just enough flowery touches to spark romance and all the privacy to enjoy each other. The location among
among all the restaurants of the historic district allowed us to walk to every
everywhere. From fine dining to a local brewery there was something for everyone.
Can't say enough about this wonderful Inn

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2011

My wife and I were in town for only one night to see Opening Day and tour the city a bit. I'd seen some TripAdvisor reviews recommending J. Palen House so I thought I would add mine to the bunch. The fact is I am not coming up with any ways that my stay could have been any better. I don't write many reviews on TripAdvisor, but it was one of the first things on my mind tonight when I came home.

As many have already stated the accommodations were impeccable. We stayed in Palen's Room and everything was beautiful and clean. Fantastic bathroom, comfy bed, robes, and a great area to relax in downstairs and have some tea (along with little cookies when we came in). Scott was one of the most welcoming people I have ever met, serves a kick butt breakfast, and was so helpful during our stay. Great location too since we were able to head over to West Side Market/RTA Station and were close to a bunch of the higher-ranked restaurants on TripAdvisor (quick plug for momocho which is fantastic and only a couple blocks away).

I could go into more details, but I'd have hard time believing anyone could ever have a "bad" stay at J. Palen House. We will gladly return in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Due to a flight delay and lost luggage, I arrived much later than expected. Regardless, at the end of a long day of travel, the resident innkeeper, Scott West was friendly and welcoming.

My Miller suite accommodations were simply wonderful. The suite was clean and comfortable. After a day of sightseeing, the suite's sitting area was a perfect place to relax and unwind.

Should guests decide to stay in and watch movies, a great selection of DVDs are available downstairs. Also, each night, a 10% coupon is provided for four local restaurants. After having dinner at Light Bistro, I couldn't resist returning to try other dinner dishes. To date, my favorite meal was the Scallops and Risotto.

Scott's breakfast was a delicious way to the start the day. Each morning, I had tea, juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, sausage, and either french toast or waffles. Everything was freshly prepared. On the morning of my departure, due to my early flight, I received a muffin and tea for the trip home.

The B&B is in a great location in Ohio City. With no traffic, it's about 15 minutes from the airport. There is one parking spot for guests but plenty of street parking is available in the neighborhood.

The B&B's decor was inspiring. Many of the pieces were purchased from Reincarnation Vintage Design. Thank you, Scott, for providing information about this antique store.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at J. Palen House. I'm looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Ravenna, Ohio
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Our room was spacious with bedroom separate from a large sitting area. We had the top floor room, so it was very quiet. My partner and I were there to celebrate our anniversary. There were lots of places to eat and drink within walking distance -- nice when the roads are all snowy in February as it was for us. No doubt it would be even nicer in the summer when you would actually want to be outside walking around! The Westside Market is right around the corner with great veggies, meats and various vendors. The Nautica amphitheater is very close by.

The only downsides were no choices for breakfast. the food was fabulous, but you just have to eat what they bring. It seemed like Scott made most everything himself and he's very good. We would have liked to just sit in our nice terry clothe robes and had breakfast by ourselves, given the occasion for our visit. But it was nice to meet another couple over breakfast.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple