“Anniversary getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
J. Palen House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 13 Cleveland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was one of the best B&B's we've experienced. Our hostess was an absolute gem with lots of great info and so welcoming. Her assistant was extremely kind and helpful too. An added bonus was the restaurant also owned by our hostess that was delightful too. Not even the 6" snow that was dumped on us spoiled the great time we had. proximity to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame was a plus, lots of local restaurants and wonderfully comfortable rooms.

Room Tip: We loved being in the main house.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Cleveland in winter is sweet at the J.Palen House. Cozy fireplace, charming,well furnished,all the extras surrounded by fun restaurants,pubs,and the incomparable West Side market. Diane could not have been more accommodating to our clinic schedule. We will be back, just not for surgery. First rate. Nothing more to say.

Room Tip: Views and noise are really not an issue. Ours was a 2BR with adjacent cottage and separate upstairs...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were in Cleveland for a long visit at the Cleveland clinic. We didn't want to stay in a hotel for such a long time and found the J Palen house. It was such a surprise to find this charming cottage in a terrific part of Cleveland! We had everything we needed to make ourselves at home and a neighborhood that filled every need we could think of. A visit to the Westside Market is a must.
Diane was very helpful when I had needs or concerns and was so considerate during my husbands surgery and recovery.
My only negative was the floors were incredibly cold and could benefit from some rugs, but once things warmed up with the gas wood stove we were pretty comfortable. If another trip to Cleveland is in our future we will defiantly choose the J Palen house again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We came up to Cleveland to celebrate our anniversary and the J. Palen House made us feel like we were part of a family! To begin with, the bed was the most decadent thing I have ever slept in... best night's sleep in a long time! We loved that the location was so close to the Westside Market and were able to just walk over for meals and shopping quite easily. The breakfast we were served was wonderful; I had to request a gluten free option and my meal was just as amazing and plentiful as everyone else's. I didn't feel that I was a burden in any way, even though I was the only one with that plate. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

While the holidays can be a rough time for the best of families and friends, the accommodations at JPH made our Christmas trip enjoyable and stress-free. We stayed in the "Roost" which was a former blacksmith barn. The private space, large bedroom loft, kitchen and convenient parking made the trip enjoyable and totally stress free. We know the Ohio City neighborhood very well and this location was as good as it gets. Walkable to many great restaurants, West Side Market, grocery store and public transportation. The decor was a little kitschy and cluttered for our taste but that's part of the experience, I guess. We were thrilled that we were NOT coerced into forced breakfasts with other Inn guests. Loved the privacy. Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith G
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Cottage. Nice amenities like movies, games, and WiFi, plus evening treats! The beds were quite comfortable and a home-cooked breakfast to look forward to in the morning. Very convenient to some great food at local restaurants!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had to stay in Cleveland for a business trip in late September. I selected the J Palen house because it was not a chain, it was highly rated here on tripadvisor and it was close to the restaurant where my client and I had dinner. I stayed in "The Roost" which was an upstairs / downstairs apartment, with the bed and bath upstairs and the kitchen / sitting room downstairs. Diane was kind enough to make me quiche, fresh fruit and afford me orange juice, milk and cereal. It was almost as if I were staying at my sister's house, except my sister wasn't there! I travel a lot and this was a little Shangri-La. There is a little leafy courtyard in the back where one can enjoy the late summer evening. A wonderful place - if I had arrived earlier I might have been able to enjoy the area's attractions. Can't imagine a better place to stay, and very reasonable!! A wonderful place and outstanding value.

Room Tip: The Roost is a fine place and close to the backyard patio!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business