“Decent to stay but the bar and restaurant are worth the trip alone”

Cleveland Airport Marriott
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Decent to stay but the bar and restaurant are worth the trip alone”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

One night for business. Room was fine. A tad small but its a city hotel. Drinks (lemondrop martini) were great. Lunch the next day was outstanding.

Great customer service. Front desk was quick and pleasant. Server in the bar was fun.

Maids cleaning yelling down the hall the problems with management probably could have been avoided. Nonetheless a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MLSpadea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here quite a few times now and it's where I automatically book when I need to go to Cleveland. The hotel is close to the airport; not that close to downtown, however. The hotel and rooms are nice but the big draw is the restaurant and bar. Great food and beer list... you don't feel like you're at a hotel, much less an airport hotel. Staff (especially the shuttle drivers) are quite friendly and helpful. Definitely suggest
giving this place a try.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I was expecting another ho-hum airport hotel. Especially after seeing the airport exterior from the road. Yuck. Boy was I in for a surprise! We were in town visiting extended family. Cleveland in winter...not exactly desirable! But the hotel made up for it!

First, the not-so-great. Yes, the hallways are long and the elevators need to be replaced. Clearly. But the interior is modern, clean, and the lobby is spacious, as is the pool and workout area. (One broken treadmill, they could use new ones) but sufficient workout area & equipment! The pool was huge, much bigger than you expect at an airport hotel. With nice patio furniture surrounding it as well. And hot tub! The pool was cold, and so I nicely asked the maintenance guy if it's normally that cold. He quickly got to the bottom of things, he was very nice to my children, and he apologized for the heater malfunction. Within 12-24 hours, the pool was warm again and wonderful for families. (Plus had handicap feature)And all the staff and service people we encountered were so friendly and helpful!! The front desk was a little slow, but that would be my only minor complaint. Every staffer said hello, and a special shout-out to the maintenance guys. They were so polite, friendly and helpful!

And the restaurant!! Wow! My husband and I were totally speechless when we sat down for dinner with our family. The quality of food & presentation & fresh ingredients was on-par with a fine-dining establishment, NOT what I expect at an airport Marriott! Local people--make this your local fave, it was awesome! My husband and I are well-traveled, foodies, and we have lived in Paris, New York, etc. we know good food. Kudos to the chef. Fantastic. And my kids had the best Mac n cheese ever. Salads, meats, you name it, it was great. Delicious variety, inventive, etc. Service fabulous too. The blonde waitress was always two steps ahead, anticipating our needs. (Stephanie maybe?) Preston was great too.
The rooms were comfortable and roomy, and yes, the bathrooms were a little small, but sufficient. The only problem we had in the rooms was dryness. Cleveland winter= painfully cold and dry. It made sleeping uncomfortable, so I wish humidity levels could be improved. And the heater/AC was too loud. But our overall experience at the hotel was great, so these are things that can be fixed.
Thank you Marriott! Please pass on our experience to your staff. They were wonderful. And oh yes--the breakfast was great too, as was the bar area. A nice spot to meet friends for a drink!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank NewYorkerJournalist
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was recently came down with the flu while being stranded in Cleveland due to the weather. While staying at the Marriott Cleveland Airport I felt as close to home as I could get. The servers noticed how sick I was and brought me tea with lemon and honey. They front desk personnel were like family making sure I had everything I needed. I wasn't just another customer - I was someone they cared about. Every person I passed greeted me - and I don't believe it was because I looked so pathetic!! I needed to prepare a presentation, not knowing how I would get it all done - and to my surprise their business center had more than I could have imagined. From the moment I was picked up at the airport to the moment I was taken back it was one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jones1218
Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

When the first polar vortex hit my flight was canceled and I stayed at the Marriott. Great customer service and comfy room. I
Was there at the same time as a youth hockey league and their noise didn't bother me. When one of the kids pulled the fire alarm they had us hold tight instead of going out into the cold. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ymbl
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I previously reviewed this hotel one year ago and welcomed over 4,200 readers....thank you !! I echo my sentiments from before of a welcoming lobby, very accommodating front desk staff and comfortable, convenient room amenities. Despite the cheers for the establishment, we are all so often affected by the guests themselves and a few bad apples can always spoil the bunch, can't they? Our stay was for the Cleveland Boat Show (three rooms; six guests) and we found the staff, rooms and especially the shuttle drivers top notch (we love you guys !!)

Unfortunately the spoiler was another guest who decided that 6:30 pm was "lights out" who came out of their room to confront and threaten us in the hallway as we were checking into our rooms and conversing with each other (apparently too loudly for the dinnertime hour). Really? Rent a room at the morgue, lady. We suggest sequestering people living on off-schedules to their own floor of the hotel. It very much put a "buzz kill" our stay.

We will return to this hotel next month for another event (12 guests; six rooms) and as a result, have requested a small hospitality room where we can socialize and speak to each other (perish the though, eh?) without being harassed by other guests.

As far as the accommodations, we found the rooms clean and comfortable with nice amenities including a spacious bathroom with plenty of room for personal affects, refrigerator, Wi-Fi, in-room safe, hair dryer, iron and coffee maker. Shower water pressure was very nice and the beds were comfortable.

Our opinion of the bar/restaurant AMP 150 is a conflicting one. The staff are polite and friendly but not very fast (however, our group was in no hurry, so we did not have a problem with this.) We feel AMP 150 is attempting to cater to a upper-crust palate that unfortunately is not the norm for the area. Many travelers seek a good, hearty, reasonably-priced meal without having to navigate through a adjective-crazy menu and schmancy presentations of items like French fries and wings. We think this hotel needs to add one more bistro that caters to simple sandwiches, appetizers, drinks and a continental self-serve breakfast. Just sayin'........!!

In closing, the lobby offers real-time flight departure screens and easy flight check-in kiosks which is a nice convenience for air travelers.

Keep up the good work, Airport Marriott !!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkandDenise
Metro-Manila
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Was not impressed with the gourmet food supposedly at their main Resto, AMP 150. Bland somewhat exotic tasting food. Do not have the braised short rib. Nasty. It wasn't really there - a bit of hype. The lobby is pleasant and welcoming. Not impressive, just okay. Good gym, I think. The equipment worked :-)! Room was typical good marriot. Bed was restful and pillows topnotch. Bathroom was clean and updated. A bit of workmanship error - marginally forgivable. They charged for water :-(, except if you had it In the lemon or orange laden free water at the Lobby.
Lobby coffee for all. :-) Restful stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business