“Convenient to Convention Center and Casino” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh PA
“Convenient to Convention Center and Casino”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed here 2 nights for business. Check in was immediate and was give a corner king room on the 16th floor with a great view. The room had 6 large windows on 2 walls, the king bed was not on a wall backing another room so it was very quiet! Reds and golds are the colors in the room, large tv, plenty of hangers in the closet, a safe, a refrigerator that I got 2 large bottles of Evian in the downstairs sundries shop for $7 total, a desk, chair with ottoman, the bathroom was a sink and make up area separated from the bath/shower/ toilet area. Easy set thermostat and I asked for extra towels when I made the reservation and they were in the room when I checked in but they weren't replenished by housekeeping the 2nd day. I tipped the maid $5 with a note asking for my sheets to be changed (there is a card stating they do this every 3 days unless otherwise noted) but she did not change my sheets. I ordered breakfast one morning to the room via the breakfast menu card put in the room, I hung it on my door by midnight, asked for delivery between 7-7:15am. The breakfast came at 7:20, not a big deal but was shocked when the woman delivered it, complained the entire time she was in my room...she was the only worker delivering breakfast and the hotel was at 100% and too many conventions going on, and she should have never came to work today and...on and on, instead of just appoligizing, unprofessional. The other day I ate in the restaurant, $14 and a very good buffet. The lobby is pretty. The valet/taxi guys were helpful as I used both services serval times during the stay. The bar was fun and had happy hour specials on apps and drinks.
If you are going to a convention it's worth staying here, it's right across the street and a fine hotel. I paid $199 plus tax and I'd say it was fine but if the price was higher, I would have stayed at the Ritz.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank elf.dml

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Wickliffe, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our Anniversary weekend and after staying at a very poor hotel on the east side, we decided to cancel the rest of our reservations for the weekend with the other hotel and to come to Marriott. We were very pleased with everything, from the customer service to the awesome two sided view of the city we had. The only complaint we had was that the furnace filter was full of dust but other than that our stay was fantastic and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at the Cleveland Marriott at Key Center for a few nights. The staff was very courteous, the public areas in the hotel were very good, and the service in the concierge lounge was outstanding. That being said, the room I was assigned was unfortunately quite worn out, especially the carpet and the matress. Both were in desperate need of being replaced. With the price being a bit on the high side and the deficiencies mentioned, I am only giving this hotel an average rating.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for one night prior to going to a wedding in Mentor, Ohio. I checked in early in the afternoon and used the new "e-check in service" available on Iphones and other portable e-devices upon landing in Cleveland's Airport. After picking up the rental car and completing the short 30 minute (or so) drive to the hotel, the parking attendants greeted me warmly and the bell hops helped collect my bags. As soon as I approached the front desk, the attendants knew who I was immediately, greeted me by name, and had my key all ready for me for my room on the 20th (Concierge Level) floor. I was very happily surprised.

I was taken up to the 20th floor where my room was on a corner of the hotel. I had a very nice view of the historic downtown district and court house and on the other side, I had a wonderful view of the lake and the marina. The room was laid out very nicely with a work area, a large king sized bed, and a bathroom and large closet off to the one side. The in room amenities, the large screen television, and the items I requested (extra towels and pillows) were all placed in the room prior to my arrival.

That evening there were complimentary snacks prior to dinner in the Concierge Lounge. The lady who worked in the lounge in the evenings was a real HOOT!! (HOOT = a midwestern word for someone who is a real character; friendly; involved; nice; fun!). The service was great. It is also a free pour bar where they don't stand over you and make it seem like that you are stealing their precious liquor and it is a 'sign the card' honor system. That is a nice way to treat guests in the Concierge Lounge. After dinner hour, they have the complimentary desserts and the honor bar is still there.

In the mornings there is a nice array of breakfast foods including scrambled eggs or sausage and some oatmeal and other breakfast pastries and items that can more than make a good meal to start your day.

All in all a stay on the Concierge Floor is well worth it.

I did not particularly like the menu in the restaurant downstairs for lunch. It just did not seem to have a good variety of foods, but that might just be my particular tastes.

However, all in all this is a great Marriott to stay at. I wish I had brought my swimming trunks to try out the 4th floor indoor pool. But I didn't so I did not get a chance to check that out.

My only complaint was that there was a good degree of noise from room to room through the walls. It eventually died down but with the triangle arrangement of the corner rooms (3 rooms right next to each other on the corners) this may have made the noise of doors opening and closing worse.

Room Tip: Ask for the Concierge Floor! Definitely visit the lounge on the 20th Floor (Concierge Guests only...
2 Thank andrewjv1955
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Though I didn't personally stay at the property, I had a friend staying at the hotel for a weekend and I wanted to send an amenity for his bday. I was put in touch with Richard Miller, the Concierge at the Marriott Downtown at Key Center Hotel. Richard could not have been more helpful and prompt throughout the entire amenity ordering process. He took ownership of my request and at one point even emailed me back when he was at home to ensure that I received all the information I needed. He also kept me updated and let me know once the card was written and ready for delivery. It's staff members like Richard who truly care and take pride in their work that continue to make Marriott shine! Thank you, Richard!

PS - my friend reported the room to be a "great location, comfortable room and would certainly return"

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennie M
Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriot for three nights. Room was dated but there will be refurbishing by next April. The key cards were a particular nuisance. Rooms could not be opened more often than not and sometimes the staff had to be called to help. No compensation was given for this. Reception staff was wonderful, just as Ron, one of the porters. Two days the room was cleaned vert late (3 pm), but this was remedied by a thorough cleanup the last day. To summarise: hotel needs revamping, reception staff and Ron the porter are wonderful and very obliging.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jamesburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Right in the heart of everything is where you will be if you stay here. The valet staff was okay when I pulled up, I have had better greetings, however they were friendly. The front desk was very good with a warm welcome and a professional appearance. This is a very old building that gives a grand appearance with a very large two tier lobby, the atmosphere is wonderful and it can be a little breathtaking. They hotel has a nice bar right across from the front desk and plenty of room to move around. I arrived a day early and they did accommodate me, the downside was the room, it was a very small room which I felt like I was in the basement. It had two regular size windows that with a view of a handrail and the side of a staircase which was in the lobby, the second window was right above the workout room so all you could see was people doing just that. The other issue with the first room was the bathroom, the space between the toilet and the sink was very, very tight. After the first day I asked to be moved from the 6th floor and they moved me to the 10th floor. The room was a little better, however, the bathroom was much better. I have learned from some of the other people I was staying with that some of their rooms had similar issues. I would stay here again, I would just ask for a room with a normal size bathroom on an upper floor. The hotel is near casinos, so keep your guard up, I will say there was no shortage of police in the streets which made me feel very comfortable anywhere I went. Very professional police department on foot, horseback and patrol cars. I walked to all of the bars and restaurants when I needed to eat, enjoyed the sites and the local people seemed to be friendly. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Get the upper floors and ask for a normal size bathroom.