Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
  • Breakfast included
US$191
Travelocity
1,728 results
All reviewschocolate barrock and roll hallrenovated roomhistoric buildingwithin walking distancehouse of bluesbeautiful hotelvalet parkingeuclid avenuesports venuesheart of downtownlocation is greathigh ceilingsrestaurants and barsprogressive fieldsitting areaplayhouse square
Reviewed 18 December 2013

There was an issue, and quite frankly I felt like I was brushed as another casualty. Check in was No problem, when I got the bill the next morning it was totally unexpected and I felt the bait and switch, If someone was going to change the terms they could have called but no call came and after I confronted the front desk about it THEY SWORE TO ME THAT THE GENERAL MANAGER MADE THE RESERVATION AND THAT was that! After telling the front desk that someone is lying here as NO one made a reservation for a SUNDAY arrival but me! So I emailed the GM which is Tim, and all he said on his response is THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE ACCOMMODATED YOU! Doesn't matter when the front desk LIES to me, well I have a BIG problem with that! Will I go back to this property? Probably not, Have I voiced my Concern with Cleveland Clinic and IBM, sure did, I did have conversation with Hyatt Gold Passport and they made an adjustment in my account, but I have not heard anything from the property and not so much SORRY for not telling the truth! I am sorry but the front office Manager stated that Tim the GM made the reservation for the SUNDAY arrival and THAT NEVER HAPPENED!

1  Thank edog152
HRCleveland, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay and thank you for speaking with me about your concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade and please let me know if I can be of future assistance. - Tim Meyer

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Lovely hotel retro-fitted into a historic building, the Arcade. The center area has storefronts with a cafe, US Post Office, spa, the fitness center and a food court, The lobby is in the second floor and the staff is quite lovely. The hotel is rather odd as the rooms are the store front in one tower on Superior and other rooms are in a tower facing Euclid. The rooms are old-fashioned and worn out. The carpet in my room has a missing piece near the door, there were scant outlets, and the furniture was not Regency quality. All in all, the lobby is charming, the staff is nice, the location is great but the rooms are worn. Great if you are never there which is true for most travel.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

A perculiar setup for the hotel split up into two locations for the rooms in The Arcade. The breakfast room and gym are in two separate locations in the center away from the hotel. Breakfast is not a buffet, which I find regrettable. You must order a dish and then wait. The choice is not very healthy. A buffet is really a must in this class of hotel. Breakfast not included in room rate and you are charged per dish and per drink.
Wifi is good, but is not free, which still amazes me these days. Gym is okay. This Hyatt is qualitative less than other Hyatts I have stayed in, but one of the most expensive.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was the absolute worst stay I have had at a hotel. I have stayed here once before and it wasn't the greatest but it was better than this one. Not only were we sent to the wrong room, TWICE, the rooms, were disappointing. The furniture was old and outdated, there was hair on the pillow and there was a thick layer of dust and dirt along the baseboards. So much that you could pick it up with your fingers. The view (both stays)were of the parking garage which the sounds of the alarms and horns, and the sounds of the personnel on their smoke breaks and taking out trash (LOUDLY) and making fun of patrons at 2 am. Our tv didn't work when we arrived to our room, the snow knocked the signal out, as the front desk so rudely explained to me over the phone. We were given free breakfast for the room mix-ups, and honestly that was the worst coffee and potatoes EVER, I'm glad we didn't have to pay for that. As we were exiting we decided to visit the restooms in the banquet area right behind the 1890 Lounge and Restaurant, and they were HORRIBLE. Absolutely disgusting! Puke, feces and toilet paper clogging and over filling every toilet in the Mens AND Womens restrooms. The experiences we had, it was NOT worth the $231 we paid for our overnight stay. As much as we did pay and for a "respectable" hotel, we were EXTREMELY disappointed. We will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. I'd find another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank warcry2005
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The Arcade building in which the hotel is located is an architectural gem, and worth visiting to have a look even if you do not stay there. The location is nice also: Close to both the offices I was visiting on this trip, and the 4th Street restaurants and entertainment. Those are the positives.

Unfortunately, the building was way too noisy to get a good night's sleep. I had a room that faced the indoor Arcade, so had lots of noise coming in the front window from the corporate event on the first floor. (Yes, the front wall is a window, because the rooms are remodeled retail space.) Out the back window was a depressing view of HVAC equipment and a parking garage. The early morning revealed how thin the back glass was, when I was awakened each morning by the sounds of dumpsters and trucks.

The room was clean, although the cleaning staff did not replace the plastic coffee cup I used (a pet peeve), and clearly did not replace or clean the glass cups in the bathroom. The room was strange also, because it did not have a mirror outside of the bathroom.

I would not stay there again, but I would suggest people interested in seeing a beautiful old building walk through the Arcade lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for sharing this feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic architecture of our building but disappointed that you were disturbed by the outside noise. We work very hard to ensure that our business travelers are assigned quiet rooms, especially on evenings when we are hosting events. We hope this experience doesn’t deter you from joining us at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade during your next visit to the city.