“Charming with ease of walking to fine dining & entertainment.”

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Charming with ease of walking to fine dining & entertainment.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my first visit to Cleveland and had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Regency Arcade for the week of May 19th. The Arcade is beautiful with historical architecture & offers a a bit of charm and not your typical downtown hotel. Highly recommend staying here.

The restaurant for breakfast is hard to find, you have to walk through the bar to get to it. Barb waited on me for breakfast & is great! Personable and attentive but also gives you time to enjoy your meal. I really hope that I have the right name as she should be recognized. She was working on May 21 and 22nd mornings.

Only disappointment was most of the stores were not open in the Arcade, was a bit odd. It would have been nice to be told that guests receive a discount in the salon located on the 2nd floor. The staff at the salon were wonderful & mentioned the discount. Hotel staff should inform guests at check-in or have information on what the Arcade shops offer to hotel guests.

The hotel is walkable to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all of the sports venues and the restaurants on East 4th Street. Unique dining for fine dining and casual pubs. Recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aemb2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel from 2008 - 2014 for the Cleveland marathon, always held each May. I always enjoy this hotel. Wonderful, caring staff, from valet service to check in to room attendant...and the rooms are wonderful! Not sure I keep running the marathon for the marathon (which is also awesome) or that I simply love this hotel! I always meet my family (they are from Pittsburgh and I am from Cincinnati) and they too love this hotel...a real gem!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Diana R
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed here before and chose to stay again when I had business in Cleveland. First of all, the building is an architectural gem - one of the original indoor malls in America, built in the 1800s. I love all the period details - down to the former cigar stand converted into a Starbuck's on the ground floor, the intricate skylights, the brass lanterns in the arcade, etc., etc., etc. My room did not face onto the arcade, but rather was in the back of the building, which made it extremely quiet at night - much appreciated. My room was also one of the newly-renovated ones, and that made for a fresh and modern appearance. The front desk staff at this hotel is super, super friendly - I felt warmly welcomed immediately. Ditto for the restaurant's breakfast staff (didn't eat there for other meals so can't comment on the restaurant staff at other times). I also found the valet staff to be very helpful and attentive (didn't experience what one of the other guests complained about). I find comparable hotels in downtown Cleveland to be overpriced, and I am always pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices at this Hyatt. I will return!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, select one at the back of the hotel. Your view will not be scenic, but yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed at this property a few times when I could crush the rate offered by the Holiday Inn Express next door. I really like the convenient location to the Q, Progressive Field, and E 4th. The architecture inside this place is amazing. The rooms are semi-small, but that isn't a big deal to me, especially when the beds are comfy. I asked for a room upgrade upon arrival (since I am a travel agent) and they gave me a hypo-allergenic room on the top floor with a city view at no additional charge.

Room Tip: Top floor city view rooms are great!
Green Features: The hypoallergenic rooms are a nice touch. I have dust/pollen allergies and the air purifier definitely helps.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WVMountie07
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

In mid-May 2014, I spent 5 nights at the Cleveland Hyatt Regency Arcade in Cleveland, OH. Several comments: Upon my arrival by taxi from the airport, there were 3 dreadlocked staff at the front door. Not one of them lifted a finger to assist me with my VERY large suitcase, or even to open the door for me. In short, there wasn't the slightest acknowledgement that I was even there. By contrast, the front desk staff was uber-friendly and hastened to ready my room 15 minutes ahead of the stated check-in time.

My room was very spacious, and up-to-date. Maid service throughout my stay was excellent.

One annoying problem was that the hotel was never able to provide me with a TV channel guide. Minor, you say. Well, when I'm spending my evenings at the hotel and have to scroll through all the channels, waiting through commercials, to find what I'd like to watch, it becomes very irksome.

The Arcade is a National Landmark. It is quite stunning in and of itself. However after the close of business, it takes on a bit of the feel of "The Shining". Since all the hotel rooms give onto the vast arcade atrium, it is a bit spooky.

The hotel would not be my choice for a return visit.

Oh, and Hyatt needs to train its staff not to chew gum, especially not loudly and while speaking. It is very unprofessional!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elliott_Humrich
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Right in the middle of downtown Cleveland, it is the perfect stay. I liked the valet service offered and the staff's attention to detail. The inside of the arcade will blow you away. It is like a city within the building.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AdorableKaren
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Simply stated, do not stay here if the hotel has a wedding booked (which they do not disclose unless you ask). The hotel is being renovated to be more sound friendly (so I hear), but being up on the 4th floor in an arcade-facing room lets me "enjoy" the tacky tunes of tonight's wedding party on the lobby level. I'm a fan of Hyatt (I stay with the brand approx 25x/year) but this is the worst experience I've ever had. I hope the noise isn't so extreme on a normal night, but buyer beware. If the hotel hosts a wedding here, do not waste your time or money staying. An F- experience.

Stayed May 2014