“Great location, nice new rooms.”

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Franklin, Tennessee
“Great location, nice new rooms.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Could not ask for a better location in downtown Cleveland. Walked to restaurants, bars and the Indians game. They have renovated since I stayed here a year ago, and they have done a nice job. The only things I wish they had was a bar that stayed open later, and muffins or some sort of food at their coffee shop.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My room was located at the back end of the Arcade and was nothing special. The carpet in my room was badly stained and worn, the bathroom was also worn-out and aside from a location in the downtown area which makes everything within walking distance I would most likely not stay here again. Front desk staff were very pleasant and the parking valet was convenient as well there just is not much to say about this property that is particularly flattering.

Room Tip: DO not get a room located in the back of the Arcade, get one closer to the front desk area it feels...
1 Thank PMM12
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We are platinum gold passport members and stay at Hyatt's all the time. That being said we were extremely disappointed in our stay this past weekend at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland.

First off, we consider ourselves lucky, because our room was tucked away from the Arcade (room 710), but if we were on the Arcade, we most likely would have left and stayed somewhere else. There was a wedding going on in the Arcade (basically the lobby) both nights until 11pm. The music is so loud and definitely would have kept me awake, had I been unlucky enough to be in a room on the Arcade. They also shut down the street level and lobby level, so we had a much more difficult time getting around the hotel.

Our next issue was with the room itself. There is no vent fan in the bathroom to get the air moving around in there, which is an issue when using the toilet and using the shower. This is most likely the reason there was mold growing in the grout in the corner of the shower. I'm not sure what was all over the actual bottom of the tub, but there is no way I would stand on it. Thankfully there was a mat to stick over it, but for a Hyatt Regency this is just unacceptable. There was also no safe in the room, so I had no where to lock my laptop or jewelry, when not in the room.

The worst of it, however was the maid service, or lack thereof. We checked in on Friday and checked out on Sunday. We did not get any maid service until Saturday night at 6pm, by which point we had already showered once and wanted to shower again, but had no new towels, and had also ran out of toilet paper....yup that's kind of essential. Our friends stayed one floor below us in 610. They had potential maid service at 10:30am, but were still getting ready and asked them to come back in a half an hour. Maid service never returned. They too ran out of toilet paper and never received new towels.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the Arcade on a weekend.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my first visit to Cleveland and had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Regency Arcade for the week of May 19th. The Arcade is beautiful with historical architecture & offers a a bit of charm and not your typical downtown hotel. Highly recommend staying here.

The restaurant for breakfast is hard to find, you have to walk through the bar to get to it. Barb waited on me for breakfast & is great! Personable and attentive but also gives you time to enjoy your meal. I really hope that I have the right name as she should be recognized. She was working on May 21 and 22nd mornings.

Only disappointment was most of the stores were not open in the Arcade, was a bit odd. It would have been nice to be told that guests receive a discount in the salon located on the 2nd floor. The staff at the salon were wonderful & mentioned the discount. Hotel staff should inform guests at check-in or have information on what the Arcade shops offer to hotel guests.

The hotel is walkable to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, all of the sports venues and the restaurants on East 4th Street. Unique dining for fine dining and casual pubs. Recommend staying here.

1 Thank aemb2
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel from 2008 - 2014 for the Cleveland marathon, always held each May. I always enjoy this hotel. Wonderful, caring staff, from valet service to check in to room attendant...and the rooms are wonderful! Not sure I keep running the marathon for the marathon (which is also awesome) or that I simply love this hotel! I always meet my family (they are from Pittsburgh and I am from Cincinnati) and they too love this hotel...a real gem!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Diana R
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed here before and chose to stay again when I had business in Cleveland. First of all, the building is an architectural gem - one of the original indoor malls in America, built in the 1800s. I love all the period details - down to the former cigar stand converted into a Starbuck's on the ground floor, the intricate skylights, the brass lanterns in the arcade, etc., etc., etc. My room did not face onto the arcade, but rather was in the back of the building, which made it extremely quiet at night - much appreciated. My room was also one of the newly-renovated ones, and that made for a fresh and modern appearance. The front desk staff at this hotel is super, super friendly - I felt warmly welcomed immediately. Ditto for the restaurant's breakfast staff (didn't eat there for other meals so can't comment on the restaurant staff at other times). I also found the valet staff to be very helpful and attentive (didn't experience what one of the other guests complained about). I find comparable hotels in downtown Cleveland to be overpriced, and I am always pleasantly surprised at the reasonable prices at this Hyatt. I will return!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, select one at the back of the hotel. Your view will not be scenic, but yo...
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed at this property a few times when I could crush the rate offered by the Holiday Inn Express next door. I really like the convenient location to the Q, Progressive Field, and E 4th. The architecture inside this place is amazing. The rooms are semi-small, but that isn't a big deal to me, especially when the beds are comfy. I asked for a room upgrade upon arrival (since I am a travel agent) and they gave me a hypo-allergenic room on the top floor with a city view at no additional charge.

Room Tip: Top floor city view rooms are great!
Green Features: The hypoallergenic rooms are a nice touch. I have dust/pollen allergies and the air purifier definitely helps.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple