My mom and I had a great stay at the Hyatt Regency. We had driven ten hours from New Hampshire that day, and were just stopping in Cleveland for a night before continuing on. Valet parking was really the only option, but at $24 and especially given how exhausted we were, it didn't seem bad. The woman who checked us in was super nice, and when she found out we had reservation at Pura Vida for dinner, booked us a room on that side of the hotel so that we'd be able to most easily get to the restaurant. She also drew on a map directions for how to get there, all without us asking (wish I remembered her name...Dorice? Or something like that? Sorry...) The arcade that the hotel is surrounding is really cool, though we never saw it when the shops were open. It's a beautiful atrium, with wonderful light.
Our room was very nice and spacious, smelled clean and had a really cool view of fourth street (?) and the baseball field. We were on the eighth floor, which was awesome for the view and also may have been the reason we had such nice, high ceilings and windows. That made the room feel wonderfully spacious, though it may have just been a bit bigger than a standard double room.
Cleanliness: Beds had duvets with sheets to cover them, which I much prefer to comforters (as a former housekeeper...don't touch comforters, they're rarely washed). Fresh towels, clean smell, clean counters and mirror. We did find a small, clear vitamin behind the faucet, but it seems like that could have been easily corralled there despite the counter being cleaned.
Comfort: Plenty of towels and storage in an armoire/tv stand, desk, and bedside table. I did not sleep well at all, though my mother had no problems. The mattress was very soft, in my opinion; it may have just been the topper, but I prefer a firm mattress and found myself waking up multiple times throughout the night (felt like every hour or more). The pillows were fluffy down, again something I don't like...but I feel like many people would have been happy with the bedding.
Aesthetic: Though the room doesn't seem very new, it's nicely appointed with very modern furniture and clean, white bedding. The curtains are subdued earth tones in modern stripes with sheer, and look very nice, and the furniture is light wood with darker accents. Granite counters in the bath, and very clean white tile in the shower, plus a curved shower curtain rod. Overall, not a new room, but it's well done and felt modern and clean despite the age of the hotel.
Noise: We were not on the atrium, and were on the 8th floor; it was pretty quiet, though it was a Wednesday night and the hotel seemed relatively low occupancy, so that wasn't surprising. I could see how the rooms on the atrium could get loud, probably especially on the weekends. Though most of the shops probably close before too late, the restaurant and Chocolate Bar (two thumbs down, btw) remain open and may attract loud guests? The atrium does cause sound to reverberate, sort of...I could see how what might not be much noise elsewhere would sound very loud in the rooms right along the atrium.
We had a great experience checking out and getting our car, too; called to get the car before leaving our room, checked out quickly and received a receipt for the valet parking, and had our car within the promised 15 minutes.
The location seemed great. We were only there a night, but could see a number of bars and restaurants right outside our window (out the back entrance to the hotel), and the stadium was a short walk away, too. There was some square (can't remember the name) nearby, and the hotel just felt very central. We walked to Pura Vida for dinner, and Lola for drinks.
Overall very happy! Just wish I had slept better...but I feel like that's on me more than the hotel. Thanks for great service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown in an elegant National Historic Landmark Building, the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. A total of 293 guest rooms including 4 suites. 14,000 square feet of divisible meeting space including 4 executive boardrooms, 5 banquet rooms, and 4800 square feet of prefunction space. 1890, a contemporary restaruant and lounge, seats 210 open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fully equipped Fitness Center. The Hyatt Regency Cleveland is within walking distance of the Cleveland Convention Center, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, Quicken Loans Arena, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, East 4th Street entertainment district, Cleveland Clinic, The Warehouse District and Theater District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Cleveland
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland At The Arcade Ohio