Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
US$143
US$121
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Downtown(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
US$129
Travelocity
US$145
US$133
1,712 results
All reviewschocolate barrock and roll hallrenovated roomhistoric buildingwithin walking distancehouse of bluesbeautiful hotelvalet parkingeuclid avenuesports venuesheart of downtownlocation is greathigh ceilingsrestaurants and barsprogressive fieldsitting areaplayhouse square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My mom and I had a great stay at the Hyatt Regency. We had driven ten hours from New Hampshire that day, and were just stopping in Cleveland for a night before continuing on. Valet parking was really the only option, but at $24 and especially given how exhausted we were, it didn't seem bad. The woman who checked us in was super nice, and when she found out we had reservation at Pura Vida for dinner, booked us a room on that side of the hotel so that we'd be able to most easily get to the restaurant. She also drew on a map directions for how to get there, all without us asking (wish I remembered her name...Dorice? Or something like that? Sorry...) The arcade that the hotel is surrounding is really cool, though we never saw it when the shops were open. It's a beautiful atrium, with wonderful light.
Our room was very nice and spacious, smelled clean and had a really cool view of fourth street (?) and the baseball field. We were on the eighth floor, which was awesome for the view and also may have been the reason we had such nice, high ceilings and windows. That made the room feel wonderfully spacious, though it may have just been a bit bigger than a standard double room.
Cleanliness: Beds had duvets with sheets to cover them, which I much prefer to comforters (as a former housekeeper...don't touch comforters, they're rarely washed). Fresh towels, clean smell, clean counters and mirror. We did find a small, clear vitamin behind the faucet, but it seems like that could have been easily corralled there despite the counter being cleaned.
Comfort: Plenty of towels and storage in an armoire/tv stand, desk, and bedside table. I did not sleep well at all, though my mother had no problems. The mattress was very soft, in my opinion; it may have just been the topper, but I prefer a firm mattress and found myself waking up multiple times throughout the night (felt like every hour or more). The pillows were fluffy down, again something I don't like...but I feel like many people would have been happy with the bedding.
Aesthetic: Though the room doesn't seem very new, it's nicely appointed with very modern furniture and clean, white bedding. The curtains are subdued earth tones in modern stripes with sheer, and look very nice, and the furniture is light wood with darker accents. Granite counters in the bath, and very clean white tile in the shower, plus a curved shower curtain rod. Overall, not a new room, but it's well done and felt modern and clean despite the age of the hotel.
Noise: We were not on the atrium, and were on the 8th floor; it was pretty quiet, though it was a Wednesday night and the hotel seemed relatively low occupancy, so that wasn't surprising. I could see how the rooms on the atrium could get loud, probably especially on the weekends. Though most of the shops probably close before too late, the restaurant and Chocolate Bar (two thumbs down, btw) remain open and may attract loud guests? The atrium does cause sound to reverberate, sort of...I could see how what might not be much noise elsewhere would sound very loud in the rooms right along the atrium.

We had a great experience checking out and getting our car, too; called to get the car before leaving our room, checked out quickly and received a receipt for the valet parking, and had our car within the promised 15 minutes.
The location seemed great. We were only there a night, but could see a number of bars and restaurants right outside our window (out the back entrance to the hotel), and the stadium was a short walk away, too. There was some square (can't remember the name) nearby, and the hotel just felt very central. We walked to Pura Vida for dinner, and Lola for drinks.
Overall very happy! Just wish I had slept better...but I feel like that's on me more than the hotel. Thanks for great service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the eighth floor or higher (maybe 7th?) as it's not on the atrium. Better yet, just ask for a room away from the atrium. They have great views, too!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cheyswag21
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Helpful staff addressed our many questions. Even printed out directions for us on a couple of occasions. The rooms were large and the beds were very comfortable. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. The hotel is in a great location and the building is beautiful. It's also attached to an Arcade which I think was built in 1890 (if you go by the name of the restaurant). Definitely worth seeing. There was also a wedding there which made for a nice visual while walking through the upper floors.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is located in a nice old building probably dated 1890, as you can tell from the name of the restaurant and from a sign at Starbucks kiosk. The front desk is not at the same floor as the main entrance. I suggest to avoid rooms with the windows facing the inner part of the building. You may happen to be close to the pipes that send air from the kitchens and it would be impossible to open the window. If you rely on the air system and keep close the windows, unfortunately the air in the room will not recirculate. Rooms are OK, but a bit dark. Waitress very kind. The restaurant have buffet breakfast on Sunday, but not in the other days. When I had breakfast a la carte, I got a terrible fruit bowl, not fresh at all. I was disturbed by the waitress who brought me a tiny glass of juice at full price. Thus, particularly if you are in a hurry, the Starbucks kiosk is a better option. There is a food court that open later in the morning and a sandwich and small dishes place called "chocolate" that serves excellent smoothies, but unrelated to the hotel, so you cannot charge it to the room. Rooms do not have a minibar, but only a coffee maker. There is a nice gym.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Claudia23
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Property is in the heart of Cleveland and convenient to everything downtown. It's situated in a historic building and has a lot of character. I was greeted at the front desk by Asia, one of the nicest front desk people I've ever met. She placed me in a large and very quiet room. Everybody at this Hyatt was extremely nice!

Stayed: August 2014
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland! We’re very happy to hear that you enjoyed our amazing location, unique building, spacious guestrooms and exceptional staff during your stay. We pride ourselves on providing a superior guest experience, and appreciate you sharing yours with us. We hope to welcome you back for your next visit to Cleveland!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for four nights for the wedding of my best friend and Maid of honor. It was a very special time for us, and this hotel was just the right one. The building is magnificent, the room was clean, love the architecture and high ceilings and full of details, every day we came back to the room, there was always something special waiting for us. Very convenient location, excellent garage next door, and we enjoyed our stay in Cleveland. Most of the people of the weeding party stay in here too and that made it so special.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo L
HRCleveland, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for providing feedback about your stay at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location and stunning architecture of our historic property, as well as the exceptional service of our hotel staff. We take pride in providing a superior experience for all of our guests, and appreciate you taking the time to tell us about yours. We hope to welcome you back for your next visit to Cleveland!