“simply high end”

The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 26 August 2011

i was on a business trip,
but the Hotel facility is updated & the service ultimately classy
i recommend this hotel for family & couples.

in the heart of downtown cleveland
will come back for sure

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Nmbt211

Reviewed 24 August 2011

Stayed at Cleveland Ritz for second time with family group. Highly recommend the club floor-Alice, Emily, Shaq and Jasmine are so helpful. They always serve with genuine pleasure, a rare thing in the hospitality business! We had three rooms and seven people all together, all of us very happy with the hotel. It is somewhat hard to find, as it is part of a shopping mall. Our group went to baseball and football games and it was very convenient, also to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The food and drink on the club floor kept us so happy we had to force ourselves to go out for meals! The Ritz is a lovely place and we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank TravellerWaban
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This is not your typical "snobbish" Ritz-Carlton. Great staff, great service, very nice rooms, and perfect location. Rooms are very up to date, internet has decent speeds, and the air conditioner actually works well, unlike a lot of hotels. Short walk to almost anything in the area. Lots of stuff to do and see around this hotel. Attached to the mall so very convenient for shopping and eating as well. Rooms offer great views of Cleveland and the lake.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2011

While this property was not at the same standard as other RC properties in larger cities in the US or abroad, it was quite nice and a terrific value. For the money, staying here was a treat. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Furniture was in good condition. Common areas had classic decor. Good location - a comfortable walk from the waterfront and the R&R HoF. Adjacent to a mall and trains. Conference rooms and food service were good. Staff was very friendly. Room service of good caliber.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 6101FCD
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We spent one night at the Ritz in Cleveland and were thrilled with all aspects of the hotel. Our rooms were large, comfortable and perfect for a family. We had adjoining rooms on the Conceierge floor which was a huge plus traveling with kids. The daily presentations and service were perfect. The pool is small - but perfect for a quick dip before dinner. We ate in the hotel dining room and it did not disappoint either. Overall - exactly what you expect from a Ritz!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Egwalter
Reviewed 16 August 2011

A couple of blips and bumps with our stay but staff was compensatory in resolving issues. We voiced our concerns and not a minuted was wasted to meet our expectations. Restful bed and bedding, comforting cleanliness, fresh decor. Room a little small and out-of-the way for a slow Sunday evening. Enjoyed walking out from the hotel to nearby dinner choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My "descent into hell" began with an abrasive phone reservation. Expecting a good experience, as I have had at many Ritz-Carltons, I inquired about specials. I was treated rudely, as if I had shown up bargaining for a ring at Tiffany's. I brushed it off; everyone has a bad day. Unfortunately, this was just an opening act.

Later I called back. After reviewing my reservation, it turned out that either I had miscommunicated (a real possibility!) or the agent had misstated. I said that it could clearly be my fault, but was requesting an earlier night. The agent said that the rate could not be had now and was $50 higher. I asked if they were really that stuck on the $50 and they were. I told the agent that I would simply use that as an opportunity to explore something else in Cleveland.

We had the most wonderful stay possible at the Glidden House, as a result. However, this a review on the Ritz-Carlton and I will stay on point.

When we did check in at the Ritz-Carlton at the appointed hour, I shared that I had two unfortunate reservation experiences and just wanted to let them know because the Ritz-Carlton I know would want to look into the highest quality. We then checked into our room.

It was a nice room, but when I took my shoes off at the closet, my feet immediately got soaking wet. The entire floor of the closet and the area in front of it was completely wet. I called the front desk and they sent engineering. The engineer looked at it and said it might be the air conditioner, but that work would need to be done. He said he would look into another room.

The front desk called and said that the floor was unfortunate, but that the room we had was the only one available! The receptionist then asked if I needed anything else. What a comedian! An impossibly wet room, no suggestions, and it was 5pm. I said I would have expected a financial impact or an alternate hotel or some suggestion. Silence. Fortunately, the power of my wife's iphone was adequate to secure a room at The Washington Bistro and Inn. Quite excellent.

Back to the Ritz. I said I would like the room charges removed and that we were leaving. There was even some hesitation here! The happiest part of my experience was the relief I felt getting into my rental car and leaving this management-forsaken hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple