“Outstanding”

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Westland, Michigan
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Recently, my wife were "comped" at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland by Harrah's Cleveland. It lived it the cachet attached to the Ritz Carlton name. The service was outstanding. The room/suite was excellent and spotless. I found this hotel to be perhaps the best I've ever stayed in. It outdid the Ritz located in Dearborn, Michigan, which is no more.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank galivantstom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton on the 4th of July to attend the Indians Game and play at the Horseshoe Casino. The visit was awesome and the Ritz-Carlton did everything they could. To make it a pleasant experience. The hotel is an older one but they keep the interior up to date. The beds were firm and clean and you sank down in all the covers and pillows they provided. They also provide a 24 hour fitness center with a steam room and dry sauna included. After attending the game and playing at the casino I enjoyed a rest in the steam room at 1 in the morning. With relaxing at the spa and the awesome beds they provide their guest, I slept like a baby. Thanks to all the staff at the Ritz who made our overnight an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: If you have a Horseshoe Players Card you may qualify for a free room at the Ritz. My wife and I are...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pcferd
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Rude, disrespectful, unprofessional and in general a complete group of 2nd rate service. My king room was not completely serviced prior to check in. I found little bugs in my bed. When I called the front desk and stated what i found, they explained that they were sold out and simply apologized, adding that it was a comp room from Horseshoe casino anyways. --- so, if the casino gives you a room, remember that this disqualifies you from " Ritz real service"

• Stayed July 2012
8 Thank Doctorstev
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The Ritz Carlton in Cleveland has an unassuming - hidden, even - facade. It is located on a one block one-way street, accessible only via Huron Rd. (or through the inside of Tower City).

The valet treat you like a welcome guest. Though it had been years since I had stayed at this property, the valet mentioned how happy he was to see me again. While this is probably just a feel-good ploy (or a case of mistaken identity), it was a nice way to begin the trip.

I checked in at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon. The lobby was crowded and I was informed that my room wouldn't be ready until 4 or later. They held my luggage and assured me they would call when my room was ready. Well after 4 pm, I had not heard from the front desk, so I went to check on the status of my room. After some computer clicking, they informed me my room was ready. I'm not sure if this was a squeaky wheel scenario, or if they had just forgotten to call me.

The room was clean and beautifully appointed, in classic RC style. There was a gorgeous, expansive view of downtown and the river. The chocolates left on the bed at night were a welcome treat upon returning to my room late-night.

Breakfast at Muse was good - though the $2.00 bacon upcharge (for various kinds of bacon) seemed cheap (as in penny-pinching), in the scheme of things. It's like a fine restaurant that charges .25 cents extra for blue cheese dressing. Unnecessary and lacking in class. They were also out of turkey sausage.

This Ritz - as most upscale hotels do - charges for things like a local phone call (.75). You can make up for this with the lovely free tea selection in the lobby.

All in all, this is a great place to stay when visiting Cleveland, and much more reasonably priced than RC properties in other cities.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank CaitlinMagner
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel was bad with a capital "B"! The rooms were not clean, the staff was rude, and the concierge was stupid, and it was noisy. The concierge told us there was a good restaurant close by.... Turns out, the restaurant was noisy, smelly, hot, crowded, expensive and we had to wait an hour fir our food which turned out to be gross. The hotel food service was slow and the food arrived cold. Food a roach in the bathroom and in the lobby ( we stop eating that day and decided to check out one day early). Front line staff is friendly. Restaurant food was mediocre and over priced. Upon checking out, we complainned to a fellow pretending to be the manager. He had the worst French or Russian accent and couldn't care less of what we said. I will not recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cowboy34566
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We had another amazing experience at The Cleveland property of The Ritz Carlton. It was an extremely bust weekend in Cleveland as the marathon was scheduled for Sunday with over 20,000 runners. The front desk staff knew I was running & luckily our room was ready super early. They welcomed us back from Florida with a wonderful card and healthy "treat" sent up to our room. As always the staff was above and beyond. They were all very knowlegable about the new casino that had just opened a week before. Looking forward to staying there the next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Saki19
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The Ritz Carlton brand creates high expectations and unfortunately this hotel was just ordinary. I've stayed at other Ritz-Carltons that were much more special. The hotel and rooms feel worn, and food & beverage offerings were average. I appreciated the very hot water that was brought for my tea for a reasonable price but my tuna nicoise was not that good -- it had a strange seasoning on it. My french toast at the restaurant was really mediocre -- not as good as the french toast I get at a local greek diner! The bed was fine, but again, nothing to rave about. The shower had terrible water pressure. The gym was small (I think there were only four elliptical machines). The only saving grace was the good service. Everyone was very attentive and service was very prompt. It was a perfectly fine stay, but there was no WOW factor. It does not compare with the St. Regis San Francisco, the Wynn Las Vegas, the Four Seasons Las Vegas, or the Hard Rock Towers Las Vegas, for example.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business