“Great hotel, thin walls”

The Westin Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Northfield, IL
“Great hotel, thin walls”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Excellent remodel on this hotel. Rooms are beautiful, the lounge is wonderful, the gym is excellent and state of the art and .. the restaurant is not to be missed. Like the location too. But the walls are VERY thin and you can hear EVERYTHING - I mean EVERYTHING going on in the other rooms. Still, the staff is great, if not a little overwhelmed. I'll be staying there again and will give it another try.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor with a lake view if you can!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mark A, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear af847,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed most aspects of the hotel. I apologize for the noise that you encountered due to thin walls.

I am delighted to read that you intend to stay with us again; I hope to meet you on one of your next visits.

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Decided to take an overnight trip to Cleveland. If you are looking for the closest "New York" hotel look no further. This hotel feels like New York City. I spend many nights in New York and this would rival any of their hotels. Maybe a cross between the W and the Conrad New York! This place feels like a hotel when you walk in. No cramped useless lobby here. Restaurant and bar on property. The Indians were playing the night we were there and what a surprise when a couple professional baseball players stopped after the game to eat!

The rooms are amazing and the TV's are giant, the bathrooms are spa like. The designer put extra attention into the lighting which didn't go unnoticed to me. The elevators are quick. The staff are ridiculously friendly. The location is excellent. If you want a special room ask for a high room facing the lake.....amazing. This will soon be Cleveland's no. 1 or 2 downtown hotel. For all you football fans you can actually see in the stadium from the higher floors. Not saying you can watch the game, but this will sure get you pumped up before the game. Cabs were waiting each time I walked outside. The club lounge is absolutely beautiful and cool, if you want to spend a few extra dollars. I don't know what investor group or person owns this hotel, but guys you are going to makes some money!

If you are a Rockstar stay here. If you are regular person that wants to feel like a Rockstar stay here! If you are a stressed out business person that needs a fresh outlook stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the lake.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank USABRAVO
Dear USABRAVO,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. Your enthusiasm about our property was crystal clear in your review and it definitely made me smile. I was elated to read all of your very kind comments about the property and that you noticed all of the special touches our designer implemented into making this hotel stand out.

I sincerely look forward to your next visit - wait until you see the upgrades we are implementing in the Executive Club Lounge!

Safe travels, and again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin Downtown Cleveland on a concert night when the entire city was sold out, and I couldn't be happier. The hotel staff was some of the best I've ever come across! They were extremely efficient at check-in considering it was packed, and from the valet to the front desk they were helpful and friendly. I ordered room service and loved the food, almost as much as I loved getting Starbucks inside the hotel the next morning. The whole hotel was beautifully renovated and modern. I also LOVED the bed! The sheets were so fresh and so cozy--I will definitely be back. I've stayed at most of the hotels downtown and this is by far my favorite. I look forward to coming back!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MrsMichellePaul
Dear MrsMichellePaul,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I was delighted to read your review that you had such an enjoyable stay at our property. I hope you enjoyed your concert as well.

I hope you make it back to the Cleveland area and stay with us again; we would love for you to be our guest.

Thank you again.

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Westin for 2 nights last weekend (Thurs-Fri) to attend a baseball game and a concert at the House of Blues. The staff did an outstanding job making us feel welcome and special They were super friendly and helpful, including the doormen, valet and concierge. They simply could not have been nicer. I told them I wanted to take them all home with me. We were told that this is a new property for Westin (renovated) and that it has only been open for about 3 months. The only "lowlight" was the bar. The drinks were less than spectacular. We did not try the restaurant. Room was super clean, spacious, great TV, loved the walk-in shower. Warning: Don't drink the tap water, but the hotel provides complimentary bottled water each day. Aside from the hotel, which I highly recommend, I encourage you to visit Cleveland. We've visited there 4 times now tor different sporting events (and the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame) and have thoroughly enjoyed the city and it's residents. We always have fun and get to meet some very friendly locals. But from now on, I will only stay at the Westin. They have earned my business and this review.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie S
Dear Melanie S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I'm glad that you and your husband had such a fabulous time. Cleveland certainly has a lot to offer from museums, to sporting events, concerts and now, the Westin!

I do look forward to you coming again to experience even more that our hotel and city have to offer.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Really good service and nice hotel. Hotel is very new and rooms have a nice look and feel. Beds are comfortable and bathroom had large shower heads. The lounge for SPG is quite nice and has good food. They also have a very nice restaurant in the hotel called Urban Farmer. My colleague said he ordered a hamburger from room service that was made in the restaurant and he said it was great. The staff here is very accommodating. I took a red eye and arrived at 7 am and then checked out at 4 pm and without me asking they adjusted me for a day rate only. Very generous and not prompted. Good location and hotel

Stayed July 2014
Bob M, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, 5 March 2015
Dear travelingworkingmom,

Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Cleveland Downton. I appreciate your kind review and hope that you will stay with us again!

Looking forward to your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Cleveland road trip to see my beloved White Sox. Great hotel, a lake view room is a must when you make your reservation. Hotel restaurant breakfest is wonderful and reasonably priced. The hotel bar is lively and service is good.
If parking a vehicle there is a parking garage directly across the street that is a fraction of the cost of the hotel rate of $30 per day.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view. Many rooms have a terrible view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert G
Dear Robert G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your next visit.

Best regard,

Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Some friends were in town this weekend and reserved a room at the Westin for Saturday night. I was planning on driving myself because I have a dog at home and didn't want to interfere with the others plans. Someone mentioned that this may be a pet friendly hotel and when we called, they indicated that they were. We brought the dog and he was treated like one of the most important guests!!!! This eased my mind and I was able to go out with my friends and enjoy myself.
If this wasn't enough, every hotel staff that I came across was SO friendly and accommodating. I mean they didn't just answer questions and help, they were FRIENDLY and engaged in conversation and laughed and joked with me. This is from the outside valets, to the porters to anyone I met walking the hall!!!! It was an incredible experience.
The hotel has just been opened for a couple of months, so everything is new and beautiful. There is a restaurant called Urban Farmer attached and they had amazing food and again, the friendliest, nicest staff I have had the pleasure to meet in a very long time!!!
This is a shining star in a city that is brushing off it's tarnish and shining itself!

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview. Amazing!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear MarOhio,

WOW! Is right. THANK YOU for staying with us at the Westin Cleveland Downtown and you for your glowing review. I loved reading how at ease our staff put you and your dog! We are so glad you chose to stay with us and look forward to your next visit.