1,241 results
All reviewsurban farmerrock and roll hallfront deskheavenly bedthe club loungeconvention centerlake viewvalet parkingroom servicewithin walking distancewalk in showerfootball stadiumbeautiful hotelhall of famefirst energy stadiumvalet servicebrowns stadium
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Four of us spent a Saturday night at this property over the past weekend. The extensive renovations were obvious, as this was probably one of the most modern/updated hotels I've stayed at in recent memory. That is unfortunately where the good ends. We arrived at approximately 7PM, 4 hours after the advertised check-in time. They had two people working at the front desk and dozens of people waiting in lines and dispersed around the lobby. I spent about 90 minutes in line, while my friends, who were waiting on a second room, spent an additional 30 minutes (2 hours total). I can't imagine how the cleaning staff managed to fall so far behind that virtually no rooms were ready between 3PM and 9PM (or that management couldn't call in additional employees in that window to speed up the process). It was like a game between the two front desk employees to see which of them could grab up an available room faster, as they slowly appeared in the computer as "Ready". During this ordeal, dozens of customers were obviously upset and management was nowhere to be found. Further, management made no attempt at any point to offer anything as a means of rectifying the situation. This was by far the worst check-in experience I've ever had.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kasey C
Mark A, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Kasey,
Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for the delay at check in. While we have recently opened and are improving our service delivery to ensure we meet our guest expectations, we are always disappointed to learn of any challenges.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Westin is usually one of my favorite hotels, however, housekeeping was completely unprepared for this busy weekend. Many waited hours before they could check in and others checked in only to find their room completely trashed and not cleaned by housekeeping. Obviously a lack of communication between housekeeping and the front desk. There were also so many valets that you felt like you were tripping over them when you walked out the door. The restaurant was wonderful. The good delicious but it wasn't enough to leave a good taste in my mouth because of the apparent under staffed house keeping. Sadly not impressed by this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank DarleneJohnson120760

Dear Darlene,
Please accept our apology for the delay with check in. We do strive for an exceptional experience, and disappointed that we let you down. We do hope you will give us another try should your travels take you back to Cleveland!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on a business trip in Cleveland. The hotel is beautiful - modern and well appointed. I had a large room with a beautiful bathroom (huge walk-in shower, not tub). Everything was clean, but the walls were a bit on the thin side. Starwood Platinum members get access to the Club Lounge - large two-story room with beautiful views of the lake. Hordereves at night were a bit disappointing, although there was complimentary wine and beer. I arrived after seven, but was told that the lounge stays open until 9. There was not much selection - most of the food ran out and the attendant didn't replenish. Breakfast the next morning was great - oatmeal, cheese blintzes, bagels with lox, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, and even Bare Naked juice drinks.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars had it not been for a few encounters with the staff. When I checked in, there were employees chatting with another guest, and they continued to chat while I waited. My room key didn't work the first time; so, I had traipse back and wait again to get a new key. This key opened my room, but didn't work on the Club Lounge door. So, I had to once again traipse back and wait. The staff didn't apologize either time for the inconvenience.

Bottom line - great hotel, but nonexistent customer service!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Love2TravelVA
Mark A, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Love2TravelVA,

Thank you for staying at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. It was a pleasure to read that you had an overall positive experience at our hotel and enjoyed our accomodations.

I understand that you did have an issue regarding your room & club access key. I am sorry that you had that encounter and I hope when you return to Cleveland you choose our hotel again and we can erase that moment and in turn you will receive your five star stay!

Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Checked in at 5:00 an hour after the 4:00 check in time. Room wasn't ready and was instructed that it wouldn't be too long. An hour and a half later the room still wasn't ready. We had to settle for a smaller room and received no credit for the issue. Hotel staff acted as this was the normal and I'd have to agree since there were countless people waiting with us. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jiboo1

Dear Jiboo1,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. I was very disappointed to read that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. I would like to talk with you further regarding your experience and to see what room type was booked and get your feedback on where we can improve.

Please feel free to email me at your convenience and give me additional details regarding your stay so when you do return we can make your stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown a positive event; my email address is mark.anderson@westincleveland.com

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel itself is very nice, fresh, and modern. We arrived at the hotel at almost 4 PM. Our room was not ready at that time as well as many other guests who were all waiting for rooms to be cleaned. We decided to go for drinks to wait for our room. When we arrived back at the hotel at 8 PM, people were still waiting for rooms. Fortunately with some pushing we finally got our room. I'm not really sure what the issue was with housekeeping. They did comp us for 4 drinks and parking. If they get their act together, I would stay there again. I have never had to wait such a long time for a room. Very disappointing

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marsha N

Dear Marsha N.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Cleveland Downtown, we do appreciate your business. I was sorry to read that you had to wait for your room to be ready. However, I was glad to read that our staff did take care of you with a couple complimentary beverages and parking.

We do hope that you return to Cleveland and choose our property again as we would love for you to have a more positive experience at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. Please feel free to email me directly if you have any further concerns regarding your stay, I can be reached at mark.anderson@westincleveland.com