1,241 results
All reviewsurban farmerrock and roll hallfront deskheavenly bedthe club loungeconvention centerlake viewvalet parkingwithin walking distancewalk in showerfootball stadiumbeautiful hotelhall of famefirst energy stadiumvalet servicenice staybrowns stadium
Reviewed 17 November 2017

As all my reviews for Westin this year they need a remodel, but this is my favorite Westin in Ohio only because the restaurant is amazing. They have fantastic food for every meal. I am a big fan of breakfast and they do it right here. The rooms are a little dated and they don't seem to be too worried about taking extra care of their top SPG members. The staff could use some improvement.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Matt M, Director of Operations at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear Clyde M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us. We only get better because of guest feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. We only stayed for one night, but it felt like we were gone for a week! We live in the suburbs, and really needed to get away. I'll tell you, the team at this hotel is like none that we have experienced. After I made our reservation, I reached out to Karen Troyer, the Director of Sales & Marketing. We were celebrating my husband's (belated) birthday, and Karen upgraded us to the hotel's club level. What a treat! Breakfast, snacks, drinks and sweets were complimentary. Desmond greeted us with a smile at Valet, and we made fast friends with Bobby, our Bellman. McKenna at the Front Desk was both friendly and efficient, and most importantly...injected her sweet personality into the check-in process. I loved her and literally jumped up and down when our guest room was ready early! (She told me I was funny!) Our guest room was great. We had a view of the lake and our City's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. We wanted to visit the hotel's Urban Farmer restaurant, but knew it was pricey. We decided to stop in at the bar, where we met Desiree. What an angel! We had some lunch and a few drinks, and Dez introduced us to her Bar Manager, Jackson Starr. We chatted for a while, and we blown away when Jackson offered to take care of dinner for us that evening. Wow! And what an experience it was. If you ever have the opportunity to dine at the Urban Farmer, don't miss it. My husband tried the Octopus and Scallops, I had an awesome steak, and some wonderful cheeses. The next morning we met Tremaine Bizzell, the Front Office Director and thanked him for a wonderful stay. The Westin has a great location, was spotless, has a great design, and is filled with a team of smiling angels. Thanks for everything...we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Higher floors have views of the city or lake.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ryan B, General Manager at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear LittleAngel822,

What an awesome review. Thank you so much for sharing all the details of your stay. It was refreshing to read how you connected with so many of our team members and that each one of them had such a positive influence on your stay! I hope that you and your husband will come to stay with us again soon.

Ryan B.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I love CLE and thought that the newly renovated Westin would make a nice addition. There are many words of caution before one books this hotel.
Besides the usual complaints-a little more run down than I would expect, security is terrible. Anyone can access the elevators to the floors with guest rooms. Since the hotel is located between a homeless shelter and the greyhound station there are homeless people milling around the lobby. They are one distracted desk clerk away from a homeless person making their way into the unsecured elevator. Which is what happened when I stayed. I was awoken at 2 am to find a man in my room rummaging around in my closet. Terrifying! I screamed he left. The hotel later explained that he was a security guard looking for one of the many homeless men who try to stay there. Seriously? In my closet? Since I was traveling with my daughters and their friends this was extremely unnerving. The manager never met with me. Never apologized, never offered a valid explanation of why security looks for homeless people in guest closets at 2 am.
If you have to stay there bolt your door and keep your cell phone charged and close at hand. God speed.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Clevelandocks
Matt M, Director of Operations at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Clevelandrocks,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide insight regarding your stay with us. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest and are disappointed to hear we fell short. We value all guest comments and are committed to ensuring each guest has an enjoyable experience with us. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We stayed here for a conference and were very pleased with the quality of this hotel - the public areas are welcoming, the room was generously sized and well appointed - with a comfortable bed and nice corner sitting area as well as a writing desk, and bonus, we had a view of the river. Minor complaint, the lighting in the bathroom was too dim for putting on make-up! But very few hotel bathrooms are well lit for that.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EllenPortland_OR

Dear EllenPortland_OR,

I appreciate that you took the time to share your stay experience. It was great to read that you were very pleased while staying with us. I hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Valet was swamped but no big deal I got my overnight ticket. Went to check in and the front desk man (Taylor I think) was very helpful and explained the downtown area to us and gave us a few suggestions of where to eat. Room was clean bathroom had a sticky residue on floor. No biggie. All in all a good stay. We'd be back!

Room Tip: Lake views are a niec touch
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Director of Operations at The Westin Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear coreybartlet,

I appreciate that you took the time to share your stay experience. We cannot wait for your next visit, we are excited to welcome you back.