“Okay hotel, loud air conditioning”

Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights while on business. The hotel is a bit dated and has the old air conditioning window units. It's tough to sleep during the hot summer because of the noise. Although my work was in downtown, Sheraton doesn't have any properties there. So, I stayed at the airport and commuted. I probably wouldn't do that again as the drive takes about 30 minutes in the mornings because of traffic and construction. On the positive side, the rooms are clean, the staff is nice, and lounge serves decent food.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Love2TravelVA
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Our family of three (self, wife and 15 yo son) stayed at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel on
two separate occassions for a single night. Our experiences with the room were very contrasting.

Stay 1. We arrived at the hotel after a 30 hour day flying from Australia. At registration they told us that there were no queen queen romms available (this despite us booking on the Sheraton online system, and advising them of our late arrival). They offerred us two King rooms instead, which our 15 yo was quite happy to have a room to himeself. We went to the rooms and were pretty disgusted with the room. The curtains and such were fifthy. Not the standard expected from Sheraton. We were woken during the night by the trains shunting across the freeway. Certainly not the quiet room we had requested.

Stay 2. We returned a few days later and received the queen queen room in the main tower. The room was in a much better state than the previous room. We enjoyed the stay in this room.

I do have to say that what was consistent on both our stays were the staff. They were all excellent.

Would I stay there again - probably not (unless they guranteed a clean and quiet room).

Room Tip: Request a room in the main tower and not facing the freeway/railway lines.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Westy5024
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This hotel location reminds of the Radisson by the Old Indy Airport. Don't let the outside and location in Cleveland fool you. The inside of this hotel is so modern. The indoor pool was spacious and clean. Plenty of parking as well. The meeting space layout and updates are wonderful.

Room Tip: The food choices on the menu were fantastic.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Your comments are very important to us and I want to personally thank you for taking the time to assist us in improving our hotel and recognizing our staff by completing this review.

I have passed on your positive comments to our entire staff. I am pleased that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel has improved over the years as I have stayed here many times as an overnight break to my final destination . They have remodeled which was greatly needed . Though I think that the lobby was the only thing that got remodeled and not the rooms. They are very small and compact. The television quality is poor and the bathrooms are not that clean and need a serious renovation . These are also very small and have significant wear and tear on them . The main reason I have come.back to this hotel so.many times is because it is so close to the airport and more convenient then some of the other ones . Considering it is only for one night I put up with it. A huge plus is that they offer a free shuttle that will take you to and from.the airport . Overall this hotel isn't horrible though i have definitely stayed in better ones ...

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Caligirl1993
GMCleveland, General Manager at Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Our staff and I look forward to your next visit to the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel.

Always at your service,

Reviewed 2 June 2012

The positives -- the hotel is as close to the airport as possible with continuous on demand shuttle service to the terminals. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable. The breakfast -- included in my rate -- was very good and included a cook to order omelette. The gym was good and clean. The lobby was exceptionally nice -- the rocking chairs in the lounge area are a great place to read a book, have a drink and talk with friends. I ordered two appetizers for my dinner -- the size was huge (should have ordered just the vegetable potstickers though the tomato/mozzarella salad was also good). There is an area where you can use computers. WIFI was included.

The negatives (maintenance check light) -- I got stuck in the elevator when my room key (which is needed to access the room floors) malfunctioned and the elevator just sat there, without opening the doors. The manager came quickly in response to the emergency alarm, opened the door, and was extremely apologetic when it became clear that my key was no longer working. Word to the wise -- hold the elevator door open, insert your key, make sure it works, push your floor button and then let the doors close.

To make matters more fun -- I was awoken at 4:30 AM by the fire alarm. Down the stairs, into the parking lot, and walk around to the lobby, where the night manager is apologizing to the guests and, BTW, the elevators were not yet back up. You could walk up to your room or wait in the lobby for the elevators to be taken out of fire mode. Word to the wise -- choose a lower floor. Luckily, I was on one.

On check out, the manager did credit additional points to my Starwood account for these problems and again apologized.

Some other considerations to know -- the room was very small, the AC is very loud, the bathroom supplies are motel quality, the TV selections are limited and the room was very dark. The pillows were also too soft. But, I had a good book to read.

The hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff were wonderful, and, overall, I will select this hotel again if I need to be by the airport. The hotel was comfortable, very convenient, and had what I needed for a good overnight stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Always at your service,

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Do not stay at this hotel. If you collect Starwood points you are limited, so here's what you will get. The A/C is LOUD. Really LOUD. The cable channels are limited and there is no HD service at all, so the picture is fair at best. For an airport hotel it's good... I guess. I just wonder if management understands the difference between folks staying because they want to be there vs staying because your flight was cancelled or you just want the Starwood points and there are no other properties in the area. They charge $10 a night if you want a fridge. The internet speed is dial-up at best. One of the worst Sheraton hotels I've ever stayed in. TRUST ME!!!!

Room Tip: To choose a good room... go to another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank famusound

Thank you for voicing your concerns of your stay with us at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel. As we continually strive to exceed every guest’s expectations during their stay, it is extremely important for us to know the concerns and suggestions of our valued guests.

I would like to take this time to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel. I have made the Managers responsible aware of the incidents, and can assure you that proper measures have been taken to ensure that this kind of situation will not again arise.

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel for your visit in Cleveland.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Expensive "special in the menu was marginal. Instead of comping the entire meal they gave me $10 off the bill. Better than nothing but not quite good enough for an inedible meal. Bed was too soft, air conditioning LOUD!

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Cleveland Airport Marriott
Cleveland Airport Marriott
#19 of 38 in Cleveland
Four Points by Sheraton Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport

Been to Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!