“Comfortable and friendly - great hotel near Rock & Roll Hall of Fame”

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable and friendly - great hotel near Rock & Roll Hall of Fame”
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Would definitely recommend! We stayed here for two nights for a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame visit (about a 20 minute walk from hotel). The staff was very helpful, nice and friendly; room was clean, modern and good size (and so was the bathroom). Extra points for free wifi that was a simple, fast connection! Minus points for bad lighting in the bathroom. Although the hotel is downtown, and about a 10 minute walk to the bustling bar / restaurant area, the immediate neighborhood felt a bit deserted (compared to other big US cities). There were a number of homeless people in the vicinity as well. I was with other people, but would not feel comfortable walking alone at night. (And I live in a big city). The hotel also has a cool bar / nice lounge area -- overall, a great hotel!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 31 May 2010
Dear summer_beach_sky,

Thank you for recommending Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We are happy to know our staff was helpful and friendly and that your room met your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

Hospitality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I have stsyed at this Hotel for a total of 55 nights, and the service levels and excellent staff assistance are without doubt some of the best I have ever experienced in any Hotel , anywhere in the US or Canada.

The Management and all staff, withiout exception, are most helpful, freindly, and accomodating; it makes one feel at home!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Dear Ships77,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the many nights you have stayed with us and your positive experiences. We take great pride in providing excellent customer service and are thrilled that you feel at home here! That is one of the best compliments we can receive.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My 11 year old daughter had to be in -patient in the Cleveland Chilren's Hospital for 2 weeks and then in their day hospital for another week. I had never been in Cleveland before and needless to say was very anxious about my daughter's hospitalization and being alone in a new city. From the evening I checked in, I was made to feel at home and knew that I only had to worry about taking care of my daughter's needs as the staff here was going to take care of me. The shuttle took me to and from the hospital every evening and everyone always asked how my daughter was doing and if I needed anything. Every employee from the shuttle drivers, to the restaurant servers, to the front desk staff were so kind, compassionate and helpful. I got a great rate on a wonderful suite that was perfect for my extended stay. What should have been a stressful 3 weeks, ended up being enjoyable due to the kindness shown to me and my family by the amazing staff at this hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel enough to anyone who has to come for treatment at the Cleveland Clinic. I am from Hawaii originally and this hotel truly exemplifies the Aloha Spirit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 2 June 2010
Dear Ilivealoha,

We are thrilled to hear that what you thought would be a stressful three weeks turned out to be enjoyable due to our staff. Your kind comments have been shared with all of our departments. Thank you for trusting Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare to take care of you and your family during such a difficult time.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2010

I have stayed for 3 week and had very good stay. All staff was very friendly. I had nice time with these guys. My room was perfect and well maintained. I have full view of playhouse square nice looking theaters from my windows. so overall nice stay and will comeback again and recommend all of you to stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Dear Dhirajhotjat,

We are happy to know that your three week stay with us was satisfactory. Thank you for sharing your positive experience during your recent stay at Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We look forward to your next visit.

Ohio
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Wyndham at Playhouse Square in Cleveland before he deployed to Afghanistan. We were looking for a hotel downtown with a nice location and a chance for us to have alone time. The hotel found out about my husband's deployment and gave us one of our nights stay for free. We were so thankful for the gesture! Our room was perfect and had a great view of Lake Erie. We had a king size bed that was super comfortable and clean. The bathroom was large and updated. We also enjoyed the free internet which helped us look up local attractions. We also loved the black and white Cleveland photos used as decoration in the room. The location was in walking distance to the Q, Progressive Field, and theaters. On one of the nice evenings, we even walked from Public Square/Tower City. A heads up, if you use the valet, it will cost $20 a day. We expected the cost in the city, but good to know before you go. We would definitely return to the Wyndham!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Livin-the-dream06,

It was an honor to host you and your husband at our property before his deployment. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and our local attractions.
Thank you for choosing Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare.

Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 6 May 2010

I have had the opportunity to stay in all of downtown Cleveland's best Hotels over the past few years, for both Business and Pleasure. Although each one of them has positive points, I have found that the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square rates the highest in my book, for the Service, Comfort and Value it presents. It's perhaps smaller than many, but that intamacy provides one of the Best Hotel Experiences in the area, hands down. The Staff is very friendly and eager to satisfy everyone who comes through the door, from the Desk Staff to the Valet service. Congradulations to them....a job always well done!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
HospitalityMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 10 May 2010
Dear pbookman,

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind remarks about Wyndham Cleveland at PlayhouseSquare. We are proud to rate "highest in your book" for service, comfort, and value. Rest assured that I have passed along your kind comments to our entire staff.

Hospitality Mnager
Newfane, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We stayed here due to its proximity to Cleveland Clinic. The staff are always willing to help and friendly. They went above and beyond when our trip plans had changed after already arriving. Front desk staff arranged everything for us without even a grimace!! The dining and lounge staff also are very helpful and pleasant. All staff we ran into at hotel always had a friendly greeting and asked how our stay was. Hotel is clean and has extras if wanted. Also the shuttle is an added great feature and once again drivers are happy and helpful. Cant say enough about our stay here. Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
HospitalityMgr, Hospitality Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 28 April 2010
Dear kvogt68,

Thank you for choosing Wyndham PlayhouseSquare during your recent visit to Cleveland. We are thrilled to hear that our Front Desk staff went above and beyond when assisting you with your plans. We look forward to your next visit.