“Great Little Place”
Review of Taste

Taste
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to give this place a try...VERY GLAD I DID! It's not a big restaurant and even though we had reservations, they didn't have a table for us so we ended up sitting at the bar (which I do not mind). It was Sweetest Day (an Ohio version of Valentine's Day) so the place was packed and the staff was a bit stressed out. Once we relayed to the bar tender (Robin) that we weren't in any kind of hurry she became our best friend and we ended up having a fun evening jawing with her. The food was wonderful...starting with the truffle pom frites (YUMMM) and then moved on to the shrimp scampi and a wonderful Roast Chicken Asiago & Pine Nut Crust in a Chardonnay cream with ham, corn & bacon risotto...AMAZING!! Add a bottle of Malbec and it was a delightful evening!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Taste was a nice surpass after a movie at a close by movie theater. The contemporary setting was well suited for the restaurant. The tomato style seafood chowder was excellent as it had allot of flavor.Normally I do not like the tomato based chowders, but this chowder was great! The truffle/parmesan fries are a must for a starter. The veal,salmon and chicken entrees were well prepared with allot of flavor. The atmosphere was nice and causal in a sophisticated way.

1  Thank Dealmaker
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I met friends here for a bite to eat before heading to a show. Since I was not super hungry, I ordered the beet salad from the appetizer menu. Normally priced at $10, it was 20% off during Happy Hour. It turned out to be the perfect choice for my hunger level. Baby greens with both red and yellow beets, and a vinaigrette dressing. I would order this again! My friends were also pleased with their choices - lamb chops for one and pasta for the other. The creme brulee for dessert was wonderful. A very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I have never been to this area of Cleveland heights and actually came across this place because it came up on my restaurants.com coupon listing. We had drinks, appetizers and dinner here. Everything was outstanding an the menu was really unique. Additionally, the waiter was really great. He clearly ate the food often because he knew exactly how to describe it to help me decide on my entree. I always like that! It wasn't as busy as I would have expected for a place with such great food. Also the martini was really great! They have a talented bar tender! I'll definitely be returning.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Prior to 4/12: Some time has passed but I was prompted to write this after my co-worker suggested us all coming here for a happy hour drink. My friends & family used to frequent this place when it was the wine bar. We live in the neighborhood & visit the area watering holes & restaurants from chicken wings to fine wine. My friend who was with me on that evening has owned a business down the street for close to 2 decades. I love this site and I thought I'd warn people of how this place is managed. We had been here a handful of times for girls night out. Nice atmosphere & food is good but we prefer Felice on Larchmere or L Albatros in university circle for an eclectic meal. Those two are also great "date night" spots. Etna in Little Italy is awesome too. On this evening after we paid our tab the male bartender approached myself & my friend with an attitude, took an aggressive stance & asked me why I tipped him what I did. We had a drink & shared an appetizer. We were quiet & professional, minding our own business. We weren't at a table in dining area, never asked for anything, not even a water. I truly believe he wouldn't of done this if we were men, or if we were with our husbands. I have friends who are servers & they said tipping is always an option especially at the bar. They also said this bully would of never confronted a guy they way he came at us. I always tip 20% but not this evening, my prerogative. After we were totally baffled & disgusted we spoke to the owner who seemed totally stupified, deer in heads lights. Acted like he didn't speak English or had no respect for women. Maybe this happens weekly, maybe this mean little fella bullies women on a continual basis. I hope he has sense left the service industry it seemed to be to stressful for him & the owner well his response spoke volumes. So after this messy night our husbands no longer bring clients there & we tell our friends that frequent Lee to spend their hard earned $ elsewhere. Tav Co has an awesome new menu & feel good service. Maybe not a granite counter but you leave feeling welcomed back. Lopez is consistent in food department, festive atmosphere and warm bar staff.

6  Thank cug2