“Management is Racist, Sexist and Agest”
Review of Taste

Taste
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've been to Taste a number of times for special occasions, but having seen on their website that they offered a special on Mondays and Tuesdays where their usual price fix menu is offered at a reduced price of $33 (www.tastefoodwine/specials.html) I thought I would go for a casual dinner with a friend.

Well, upon receiving our bill we noted that this was an offer, even showing the waiter the restaurant's own website which states it, but he nervously refused. We asked politely to speak to a manager, who was no where to be found. To make a long story shorter, the owner eventually turned up and began yelling at us, going so far as to insinuate that my friend (who is a native Clevelander of Korean ancestry) was somehow illiterate and couldn't read English properly, and then saying the same to me—I have a masters degree in English Literature. Beyond that, the kitchen manager also insinuated that we had somehow drank too much and that was why we were complaining.

To end, the owner point blank refused to honor the special, stating that no where on the webpage does it say that the wine is included—except for the fact the picture which accompanies the offer is of not one, but two glasses of wine, which come standard with their regular price fix menu, making it incredibly misleading, and consequently his inappropriate reaction all the more offensive.

Now, my friend and I are both in our mid twenties, college graduates, and female, we are not Taste's general clientele, but is that really any excuse to treat us like that? The hysterical female trope is as dated as it is offensive, especially considering that it is illegal to serve alcohol to a clearly intoxicated person in the state of Ohio, as is false advertising.

To be honest, I wasn't so much upset about his failure to lower the price by $22, as I was by his rude and blatantly arrogant attitude towards his clientele, I wouldn't treat anyone like that and wont be returning to Taste, which is sad.

3  Thank bsmstein
There are newer reviews for Taste

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Four of us on a Saturday night enjoyed a wonderful meal here.
LOVE the decor. Beautifully done. The bar is gorgeous. Bare brick walls add a hip vibe.
Perfectly lit and comfortable booths.
Only complaint was that the live piano music (which was very nice, no offense to the musician) made it very loud. There are a lot of hard surfaces and the acoustic piano combined with the busy dining room made it difficult to carry on conversations without yelling.
Perhaps and slightly quieter type of music would have been better.

Our waiter, Matthew, was attentive, friendly and capable. He could not have been better.
(Love how they have multiple servers bringing the meals, so it all comes at once.)
The food was outstanding.
We tried:
Stuffed Eggplant, Ricotta, Romano cheese, spinach, marinara, garlic green beans,(rich but delicious)
Seafood Paella,shrimp, mussels, calamari, clams, fish, seafood broth, saffron jasmine rice
Roasted Duck Breast, blood orange demi glace, baby carrots, mustard mashed potatoes,(SO good)
Veal Francaise, Chardonnnay-lemon-butter sauce, capers, grilled asparagus

Every one of us cleaned our plates. Amazing.
We will be back!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

There were four of us and each one of us had a different entree. All were outstanding for taste and presentation.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wide variety of choices and excellent food at this Cleveland Hts restaurant. Hamburger was especially good. Busy on a Saturday night, but service was fine. Only problem was the noise level. Much too much for more than 2 persons at a table.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to give this place a try...VERY GLAD I DID! It's not a big restaurant and even though we had reservations, they didn't have a table for us so we ended up sitting at the bar (which I do not mind). It was Sweetest Day (an Ohio version of Valentine's Day) so the place was packed and the staff was a bit stressed out. Once we relayed to the bar tender (Robin) that we weren't in any kind of hurry she became our best friend and we ended up having a fun evening jawing with her. The food was wonderful...starting with the truffle pom frites (YUMMM) and then moved on to the shrimp scampi and a wonderful Roast Chicken Asiago & Pine Nut Crust in a Chardonnay cream with ham, corn & bacon risotto...AMAZING!! Add a bottle of Malbec and it was a delightful evening!