“Good place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clyde
Grassy Creek, North Carolina
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The rooms were big and they very clean...breakfast was really good...waffles, cereal, donuts, bagels etc...The only flaw I saw was that the dryer would never dry the clothes...the girl (I didnt get her name) but she was the blonde that worked Thur.. night(7th} and was back in there Friday morning, she told me to go watch a movie on my only day off :) she was great, she was so much help to us!!!!! I would recommend for anyone to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
0578K_Ritter, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I hope you did go see that movie and enjoy your day off !:) We are working on replacing the dryer so this issue does not happen to future guests, but it was my pleasure to dry your clothes and I apologize if this was an inconvenience. As my mom and many moms say breakfast is very important and I am glad we could provide one that you enjoyed. If ever back in the Clyde area we would love to see you again. Safe travels and hopefully you can return to warmer weather soon.
Amanda O.
Manager Clyde Red Roof Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The room was clean but the towels were practically threadbare and the blankets thin. The breakfast wasn't worth it...we ate elsewhere. Overall it was a decent value but not great.

• Stayed September 2013
0578K_Ritter, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We have added new items to our breakfast bar, so hopefully if you are back in the Clyde area you will stay with us again. Safe travels wherever the road may take you.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Generally good, new, nice rooms and lobby area, friendly staff. Our room had a microwave and minifridge, but no in-room coffee. The shower is nice but the towels were scratchy. We heard doors slamming until the wee hours. There is a train probably about a half-mile south which went through several times all night with its loud horn blaring. Large flatscreen TV with most cable channels. Beds are comfortable with options of large or small pillows. Nice table for setting up laptop computer and good wifi internet access. Bottom line: a good place for the price and actually one of the few motels available in the Clyde area. Would we stay here again? Probably if we needed to.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We have recently changed our linen supplier and the laundry softener also, so hopefully there will be no more scratchy towels. We hope that if you are ever in the Clyde area that we see you again. Safe travels!
Coeburn, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Staff went out of their way to make the stay very enjoyable and pleasant. The hotel was well maintained and the rooms were clean. Outside was well manicured . The only negative was the free breakfast choices. While realizing a free breakfast is not a five star expectation, the choices need to be extended with more choices of fruits and healthy foods. Overall an excellent place to stay. The staff can offer excellent advice on finding food and giving directions. Would make this a first choice in staying in the area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
0578K_Ritter, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us, and we are looking forward to your next stay. I have passed the healthier food suggestions onto our supplier. We are constantly working on the upkeep and appearance of our hotel, so to hear that it is appreciated is well worth it. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area again.

Have a great day!
Manager Clyde Red Roof
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Clyde many times - as have many members of my immediate family. It is in a perfect location for traveling home to visit our relatives in the Fremont/Clyde/Sandusky area. I've found that every stay has been a positive one. The staff is always friendly and courteous with some of them having worked at this hotel for quite some time. I've never experienced an issue here. I suppose you could be pay more to stay right at the turnpike exit if you wish, but the Red Roof Inn is a solid value only 10 minutes away. Give it a shot.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor and the highway side.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
0578K_Ritter, Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for continuing to stay with us! We are happy that you return to us and your family also. Many of our returning guests are like our family too, since as you said many of us have been here for a couple of years. We look forward to your next trip! Hope to see you soon, for another great stay.
Sincerly,
Manager
Ohio
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and both times have been wonderful. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay there is pleasant. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. I do know that if I have reason to have to stay in the area again, I would gladly stay at this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear Angie

It was wonderful to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. When hear postive comments about our property and staff it tells us what we are doing right and what we are doing right and how we can improve. On behalf of our staff, we appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely

Karen Ritter
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My husband and I travel often, We had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn, But I glad I found this place. Everyone was wonderful. Every time we walked by the front desk they would be smiles and greet you. The breakfast had so much to offer. We wanted banana or some peanut butter but only Apples and cream cheese, I mentioned this to the Desk (Karen I believe was her name) The next morning she had brought in for us banana's and a jar of peanut butter. It was very nice that she went out of her way to make us feel special. The room was very clean and looked like it had been newly remodeled. Nice firm bed and flat screen TV. The pool was alittle on the chilly side, but once you get in you get use to the tempature. I not sure if we will be back to ohio, But if all Red Roof Inns are like Clyde, I a guest for life.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
0578K_Ritter, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Clyde, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Sally M.

Your Comments about your stay are greatly appreciated. We thank you for your business and for tellng us how much you enjoyed our customer service. We love to get feedback from our guests. Please come back as often as you like. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Sincerely
Karen Ritter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clyde
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Bellevue
Hampton Inn & Suites Fremont
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Fremont

Been to Red Roof Inn Clyde? Share your experiences!