“A great place to relax!”

Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in College Corner
Cincinnati
“A great place to relax!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the lodge recently with my three girls and they are still talking about all the fun the had!

The rooms were clean and the view was priceless! We really enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pooll

The only negative thing I might have is that the dining room staff seemed a little short on help. We arrived at 6:15 at a half full dining room and was told to come back in 20 minutes. Not sure why?? The food was good and my kids really enjoyed the carryout pizza the next night!

We went horseback riding one day ($20.00 for a 35-40 min ride) and my kids loved it. Be prepared to wear muddy shoes as the trails are a mess! We did have a great time though.

I want to give out a special thanks to Sam who is in charge of the recreation time with the kids. We played bingo and other activities that my kids could win game room tokens. Great job Sam!!

I would recommend!

Room Tip: Lake side is the best side!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cincyred
Tom A, General Manager at Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Hueston Woods. I am thrilled to learn that your stay was enjoyable and have taken the liberty to share your comments with my staff. I know they appreciate positive feedback just as much as I do. Sam, our Recreation Director does a great job with the kids and I'm glad to hear your children enjoyed the activities. Please visit us again; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Kewanee, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our family reunion was here. Cabins were all clean and nice; and the lodge rooms too. The lodge hall is a nice place for large family gatherings. Plenty to do. The lake wasn't as exciting for fishing as we had expected, but we made up for it in other ways. The restaurant is not recommended. We had to wait two hours to be served one night, and they made up for it (to their credit) by offering our entire group free pizza and soda the next night. That was nice, but still, it shouldn't have happened, and it cut into our vacation time.

Room Tip: Some of the cabins are near the lake, and might be a better choice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BFE26
Thank you very much for your response. Feedback from our guests is a important management tool and I value it highly. I apologize for your experience in the dining room. That certainly is not typical for our restaurant and I have met with the dining room team to ensure our guests have a positive experience. Once again thank you for being a guest at Hueston Woods and I hope you return to enjoy the level of hospitality I know we are capable of providing.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Enjoyed a delightful weekend stay at the lodge in a room over looking the lake with a small porch you could sit on during the day- the mosquitos came out in droves at twilight however. The Lodge is well maintained with a positive and friendly staff. We were pleased with 2 swimming pools indoor and out- but no "hot tub- spa". Also a few exercise machines set up near the indoor pool but no exercise room. There is a cocktail lounge and nice restaurant on premises. Tip: You cannot bring alcohol into an Ohio State Park however they do sell Ohio wine in the Gift Shop and you can take it to your room and drink it there.
My husband liked walking the grounds and I spent most of the weekend poolside. It was a relaxed and restful weekend close to home. This was our first visit and we will go back sometime.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank triptique
We really appreciate your kind comments about our Lodge. Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about Lodge and park. You will see all kinds of wildlife while hiking one of our many trails. We are always running great lodging specials and packages so I hope you return to enjoy the lodge & park again soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the lodge and loved it! Our room had a beautiful lake view, the service from room, dietary, lounge and restaurant were the best we've experienced in our years of travel across the country. We ate at their facility the entire time loving that their food and service was like a 5 star dining experience. I loved the treatment that we received when we needed special attention and all of the smiling faces along with the sincere assistance. I would visit this lodge any chance I had. From what I read, the military discount can't be beat! For we are a military family. We have nothing negative to say. I want to make a shout out to our new friend, Bobby, whose polite, sweet and prompt assistance made our stay the best. Thank you Bobby!

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are very calming and picturesque.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark S
Greenville, Ohio
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I decided to stay 2 nights here for our 1st wedding anniversary. The room was pretty good for the price. I just wish the balcony was fenced in. We didn't want to be on the balcony during the day because there were wasps and bees buzzing around. The only downfall with the room was that I had to kill 2 spiders but I overlooked that as part of being in a lodge located around a wooded area. Our biggest disappointment was that we were going to eat in the dining room Sunday evening (May 11th). We went down at 6:30 p.m. only to find the dining room closed?! The dining room is suppose to be open from 5:30 to 8:00 Sunday through Thursday as advertised. The person at the front desk said it was because they did a Mother's Day banquet and closed at 5:00 for the day because of that. They made no announcement of such a thing. We found it to be very unprofessional and we were very disappointed. The Johnny Appleseed Lounge didn't open that night either. There was another guest that had come down to get something at the J.A.L. and wasn't aware it wasn't going to open either. I don't consider that good service to the guests. We do not plan on staying here again anytime soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travis S
Tom A, General Manager at Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you very much for writing about your experience at Hueston Woods. On Mother's Day, we offer a large buffet from 12:00 noon - 6:00pm which is different than our normal dining room hours. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and we will make sure changes are made to our scheduled hours in the future. I apologize that we failed to properly communicate that to you and hope you return to enjoy the level of hospitality I know we are capable of providing.
twins5300
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This year while visiting my son at Miami Univ we decided to try the cabins. They are very cute and updated. By the looks of the couples cabins from the outside you'd think they were small but they are spacious. We bought a box of firewood and the starter kit (they even throw in matches) and we had a nice bon-fire that night. Everything was cozy and we slept great. The cabins smell a little musty but 'hey isn't that what cabins are all about'? In the summer you can open the windows and I imagine the breeze is delightful. We were in the cluster of small cabins at the top of the hill and I liked being in the trees rather than having a lake view. So they are all in nice locations. If you want to do more - it's all there . . . hiking, tennis, swimming, horses, boating, biking . . . really nice Ohio State Park!

Either the Lodge or the Cabins are wonderful!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank twins5300
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I rented a couple cottage for our anniversary, it was very cozy and the view was lovely. The Lodge staff was very helpful. We ordered a pizza and it was delicious,we also had dinner the Lodge Restaurant. The meal was pretty good,the service was OK. It is a wonderful park and we plan to visit again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
The Elms Hotel
The Elms Hotel
#4 of 8 in Oxford
The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University

Been to Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!