“Great Location and Clean Rooms”

Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
Ranked #25 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Hooper, UT
“Great Location and Clean Rooms”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The location of this hotel cannot be beat if you have business near the airport or anywhere in the immediate Columbus area, It is a perfect hotel to schedule those early flights that allow you to return your rental car in no time and to wake up at a good time to check in to your flight. The room was clean and was cleaned every day I stayed there for five days. The complimentary breakfast seemed good and included the usual pastries, fruit and hot eggs, sausage and waffles!

To those complaining about the nearest restaurant being the McDonalds across the street obviously did not make a right hand turn on Stetzler Rd outside the airport and travel about 4 miles and you would have ran into the Easton Towne Center with tons of shopping, entertainment and dining.

I would consider staying here again just because of the location, but maybe next time at the Hampton Inn near the Easton Towne Center just for the amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you got to go to Easton Towne Center and enjoy all the shopping. It really is a beautiful place. I hope you got to take advantage of our free shuttle to and from Easton. We really hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fairborn Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We needed a room for a one-night stay in order to catch an early morning flight. This locatin was only a few minutes from the airport and the free shuttle service got us there when we wanted to depart. Did not have to wait for that service. And when we returned, the bus was there waiting for us. Very good service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Columbus
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I throughly enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn in Columbus, Ohio we were visting friends in the area with my grandchildren. They had a a great time there the staff was helpful, the breakfast was excellent and the rooms were clean and vacuum everyday.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in Columbus over the weekend and booked the King Whirlpool room. I checked the reviews after my husband surprised me with the plans. I was a little nervous after reading some of the comments but went in with an open mind. Upon arriving we had a bit of a wait at the front desk due to a line waiting to check in. I can't say the front desk staff person was rude but definitely not friendly. Upon entering our room we found it to be clean and well laid out. We had a view of the runway and enjoyed watching the planes land throughout the evening. The next morning we went down to eat breakfast and it was not really what we expected. Nothing horrible just premade frozen pancakes and polish sausage were odd choices in our opinion. When my husband went to the front desk to purchase a Diet Coke for me the Front Desk person informed him "that privilege was reserved for Platinum guests only" and that we were "welcome to use the vending machines located down the hall" When my husband explained that both vending machines were out he went on to say that the hotel only provides complimentary soda to certain guests. After our stay I can say I reserve the privilege of my business at a platinum hotel. We have been staying at only Hampton Inns for the past year because we were impressed with their service but this one is missing the mark.

• Stayed August 2013
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear the vending machines were not fully stocked. Unfortunately, we do not have a shop where we sell snacks and other items like some of the other Hampton Inns. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. We do change our breakfast items on a daily basis so that our guest do get a variety and can find something that they enjoy. We hope you would give us a second chance on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a wonderful day!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel is very, very nice. Staff is friendly and professional, rooms are modern and comfortable with many pillows! Close to restaurants and minutes from the airport. Shuttle is prompt and quick.
Prices are very reasonable and discounts are generous!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had an early morning flight for our vacation and it was a wonderful choice. The room was very nice and quiet. You could not even hear the airplanes flying over. Would recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave feedback on your recent stay. Your opinion is very important to us. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a great day!
Akron, OH
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Great experience. Highly recommend! Beds are comfortable. Clean. Nice staff. Quick, convenient shuttle. Newly remodeled rooms. Couldn't find light switches ~ ha! Really a great option. CMH has great flight prices & this Hampton Inn makes it an affordable option for travelers from Akron/Cleveland.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport
Best Western Port Columbus
Best Western Port Columbus
#35 of 143 in Columbus
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!