“Eh, it will do”

Ranked #24 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Akron, Ohio
“Eh, it will do”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

To start the hotel was undergoing construction and renovation. Overall that's probably a good thing and I can overlook the "keep your curtains closed because people are working outside your windows. However, I really can't overlook the generally cold and unhelpful demeanor of the front desk staff. Our reservations were screwed up and every time we called to fix them they became more confused. When we arrived we were treated as if we were a hassle. Previously reserved room amenities (such as a king bed) were not available. The air conditioning units in the rooms were incredibly noisy and could not keep the rooms at a stable temperature. The options for television stations were limited, and half the channels were without sound. That's the tip of the iceberg. I expected more out of a Hilton owned property.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere unless this place completes renovations which include renovating the staff.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
I apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us on your visit to Columbus, Ohio. We want all of our guests to have a home away from home experience and we are working on renovations to make your stay more enjoyable. Please feel free anytime you stay with us to reach out to the staff about any issues you are having in your room and we will be more than happy to send our engineers up to correct the problems immediately. I apologize about the helpfulness or lack of by the front desk. It is our pleasure to make sure that your reservation is accurate and to make any changes you may request. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future so that you may enjoy the renovations that we are working on to make your stay more enjoyable. Have a wonderful day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
gallipolis, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

if you need a hotel that is close to the airport with parking this is it. Great service, clean surroundings, well lit parking. Check in process easy, check out process easy. Comfortable rooms and beds. Shuttle service is great and with no delays

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

we stayed at the Hampton October 3. we had booked our night through Scorecard rewards assuming we could park free for 5 days. When we arrived, we were informed that since we booked through a 3rd party, we could not avail ourselves of this convenience and were directed to the Green Lot. the directions were so poor that we never found it and had to park in the red Lot. Very stressful since we had to be at the airport at 5 am. the room we were given was in a construction zone with taped windows and the bathroom light flickered until a maintenance person finally arrived an hour later. The desk staff were not very accomodating and we will look elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Get the lowdown before you arrive if you expect parking!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SB7029
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Columbus Airport. I understand your frustration about the parking situation and the directions given to you to the green lot. Since our hotel is located on aiport property the only way you can leave the car parked here while you fly out is booking the reservation under our Park, Stay & Go program. We have an agreement with the aiport that this is the way it will be handled. Any parking booked in this program with additional days(other than the 5 free nights) we have to pay that to the airport and they monitor our lots. Again, I do apologize and hope we see you again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio.
Hooper, UT
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The location of this hotel cannot be beat if you have business near the airport or anywhere in the immediate Columbus area, It is a perfect hotel to schedule those early flights that allow you to return your rental car in no time and to wake up at a good time to check in to your flight. The room was clean and was cleaned every day I stayed there for five days. The complimentary breakfast seemed good and included the usual pastries, fruit and hot eggs, sausage and waffles!

To those complaining about the nearest restaurant being the McDonalds across the street obviously did not make a right hand turn on Stetzler Rd outside the airport and travel about 4 miles and you would have ran into the Easton Towne Center with tons of shopping, entertainment and dining.

I would consider staying here again just because of the location, but maybe next time at the Hampton Inn near the Easton Towne Center just for the amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you got to go to Easton Towne Center and enjoy all the shopping. It really is a beautiful place. I hope you got to take advantage of our free shuttle to and from Easton. We really hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a wonderful day!
Fairborn Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We needed a room for a one-night stay in order to catch an early morning flight. This locatin was only a few minutes from the airport and the free shuttle service got us there when we wanted to depart. Did not have to wait for that service. And when we returned, the bus was there waiting for us. Very good service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Columbus
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I throughly enjoyed my stay at this Hampton Inn in Columbus, Ohio we were visting friends in the area with my grandchildren. They had a a great time there the staff was helpful, the breakfast was excellent and the rooms were clean and vacuum everyday.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in Columbus over the weekend and booked the King Whirlpool room. I checked the reviews after my husband surprised me with the plans. I was a little nervous after reading some of the comments but went in with an open mind. Upon arriving we had a bit of a wait at the front desk due to a line waiting to check in. I can't say the front desk staff person was rude but definitely not friendly. Upon entering our room we found it to be clean and well laid out. We had a view of the runway and enjoyed watching the planes land throughout the evening. The next morning we went down to eat breakfast and it was not really what we expected. Nothing horrible just premade frozen pancakes and polish sausage were odd choices in our opinion. When my husband went to the front desk to purchase a Diet Coke for me the Front Desk person informed him "that privilege was reserved for Platinum guests only" and that we were "welcome to use the vending machines located down the hall" When my husband explained that both vending machines were out he went on to say that the hotel only provides complimentary soda to certain guests. After our stay I can say I reserve the privilege of my business at a platinum hotel. We have been staying at only Hampton Inns for the past year because we were impressed with their service but this one is missing the mark.

• Stayed August 2013
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear the vending machines were not fully stocked. Unfortunately, we do not have a shop where we sell snacks and other items like some of the other Hampton Inns. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. We do change our breakfast items on a daily basis so that our guest do get a variety and can find something that they enjoy. We hope you would give us a second chance on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a wonderful day!