“It's adequate ..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbus Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Columbus Airport
Ranked #22 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Houston, Texas
“It's adequate ..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

in their defense.. they are updating and apparently renovating. it's right on the airport grounds.. so for a quick get away to the airport (CMH, Port) it's perfect. Clean.. had an overly strong cleaning solution smell however. Free breakfast in the morning.. it's just average. Can't really hear the airplane noise thankfully. Would i stay here again? hmmm. I might choose the Hilton Garden Inn next door even though Hampton is a Hilton property I believe.

Room Tip: when you are traveling into the Airport complex from Hwy 270 , the hotel is on your right. you'l...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
I apologize for the renovations taking place during your recent stay with us. We are renovating to improve your experience with us. We do use Febreeze in our rooms and I do understand that sometimes this may be a little strong especially if they have just finished attending to the room right before your arrival. We get a lot of feedback on how our guests are surprised that you don't hear noise from the runway. We are going to start renovations on our guest rooms in the next few months and hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Columbus and enjoy our new renovations. Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Stockport, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Everyone that I delt with was polite and friendly. They were happy to help in any way possible. The place was clean no matter where I was or looked. I felt safe and comfortable. Since I was returning to Columbus from my trip, it was a real plus to be able to leave my car with them. It made it easy to take their shuttle to the airport and come back by shuttle on my return trip. Thank you, Michal T

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had a last minute business trip to Columbus and was looking for an affordable, comfortable place to stay. I chose the Hampton Inn due to it's proximity to the airport, price and previous positive stays at Hampton Inns. This hotel was clean, the room very clean & comfortable, efficient shuttle service and the staff helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay here again should I find myself in Columbus. Based on my stay, I would recommend this Hampton Inn.

Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

To start the hotel was undergoing construction and renovation. Overall that's probably a good thing and I can overlook the "keep your curtains closed because people are working outside your windows. However, I really can't overlook the generally cold and unhelpful demeanor of the front desk staff. Our reservations were screwed up and every time we called to fix them they became more confused. When we arrived we were treated as if we were a hassle. Previously reserved room amenities (such as a king bed) were not available. The air conditioning units in the rooms were incredibly noisy and could not keep the rooms at a stable temperature. The options for television stations were limited, and half the channels were without sound. That's the tip of the iceberg. I expected more out of a Hilton owned property.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere unless this place completes renovations which include renovating the staff.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us on your visit to Columbus, Ohio. We want all of our guests to have a home away from home experience and we are working on renovations to make your stay more enjoyable. Please feel free anytime you stay with us to reach out to the staff about any issues you are having in your room and we will be more than happy to send our engineers up to correct the problems immediately. I apologize about the helpfulness or lack of by the front desk. It is our pleasure to make sure that your reservation is accurate and to make any changes you may request. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future so that you may enjoy the renovations that we are working on to make your stay more enjoyable. Have a wonderful day!
gallipolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

if you need a hotel that is close to the airport with parking this is it. Great service, clean surroundings, well lit parking. Check in process easy, check out process easy. Comfortable rooms and beds. Shuttle service is great and with no delays

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Athens, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

we stayed at the Hampton October 3. we had booked our night through Scorecard rewards assuming we could park free for 5 days. When we arrived, we were informed that since we booked through a 3rd party, we could not avail ourselves of this convenience and were directed to the Green Lot. the directions were so poor that we never found it and had to park in the red Lot. Very stressful since we had to be at the airport at 5 am. the room we were given was in a construction zone with taped windows and the bathroom light flickered until a maintenance person finally arrived an hour later. The desk staff were not very accomodating and we will look elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Get the lowdown before you arrive if you expect parking!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SB7029
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Columbus Airport. I understand your frustration about the parking situation and the directions given to you to the green lot. Since our hotel is located on aiport property the only way you can leave the car parked here while you fly out is booking the reservation under our Park, Stay & Go program. We have an agreement with the aiport that this is the way it will be handled. Any parking booked in this program with additional days(other than the 5 free nights) we have to pay that to the airport and they monitor our lots. Again, I do apologize and hope we see you again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio.
Hooper, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

The location of this hotel cannot be beat if you have business near the airport or anywhere in the immediate Columbus area, It is a perfect hotel to schedule those early flights that allow you to return your rental car in no time and to wake up at a good time to check in to your flight. The room was clean and was cleaned every day I stayed there for five days. The complimentary breakfast seemed good and included the usual pastries, fruit and hot eggs, sausage and waffles!

To those complaining about the nearest restaurant being the McDonalds across the street obviously did not make a right hand turn on Stetzler Rd outside the airport and travel about 4 miles and you would have ran into the Easton Towne Center with tons of shopping, entertainment and dining.

I would consider staying here again just because of the location, but maybe next time at the Hampton Inn near the Easton Towne Center just for the amenities.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kim H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you got to go to Easton Towne Center and enjoy all the shopping. It really is a beautiful place. I hope you got to take advantage of our free shuttle to and from Easton. We really hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. Have a wonderful day!