Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris
US$132
Red Roof
US$246
TripAdvisor
All reviewssteak and shakeroom was cleancommon areasnice staypolaris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were there for a 10 days stage. Rooms are very clean. Employees very kind especialy at the reception and with the shuttle bus. They have a very good food at the Polaris Grill at the corner that they also deliver in the room.
Still we found the breakfast cumbersome because there is no buffet and service took very long most of the time. So for breakfast we needed to plan 45 minutes or better go without it.
A plus is also the location very near at the highway but still no noice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I agree with other reviews that the bathroom seems a bit dated. Additionally, there were no towel bars which drives me crazy. There wasn't even anywhere to put a hand towel. Seriously, why?

The room itself was nice though. Very comfy, and it had satellite with an interactive guide along with free wifi. Really better than I was expecting after many of the reviews I read.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hi EvilIncarnate,

Thank you for sharing your helpful feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations but I do apologize that the bathroom did not meet your expectations. I will share this feedback with our management teams so that they can look into this issue further.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Front desk personnel Kate,Kristin, Celeste were extremely helpful in straightening out a problem with my reservation and with providing transport to the nearby Quest center. Kate even volunteered to drive me herself when the shuttle was not available. All three were friendly, warm and very helpful.

Megan went out of her way to fix a problem with the tv in my room and was as helpful as the other women.

Thrir graciousness made my stay quite memorable.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am a business travel who has traveled to Columbus, OH on a weekly basis for the past 3 months. Being on the road all the time, I have some very specific requirements in what I seek at any Hotel I stay at.

For me, the most important thing is Service. The service at the Sheraton Four Points is top notched. Courtney @ the front desk and Preston @ the bar are just some of the best and most friendly folks I have ever met. Those 2 always look out for all guests at the Four Points and ensure our needs are met. A large part of the reason why I continue to stay at this Sheraton Four Points is because of Courtney & Preston. Make sure you say Hi to them if you ever stay at the hotel.

In terms of other aspects, keeping in mind this is not a W Hotel or Ritz Carlton, I think this is a great place with spacious rooms and large beds. It is a simple place with all the essentials, a few small, but nice luxuries (i.e. TV and Couches), and high quality service. In addition, it is has a great location. Close to the freeway with plenty of good restaurants nearby. If you are in the Columbus area and looking for quality hotel, I would say Four Points is good place to be.

Room Tip: *Make sure you get a room closer to the center of the building. Rooms at the edge of the building have difficultly accessing the WiFi network.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The lobby has recently been renovated and looks very nice. Reception was friendly and efficient.
At first glance, the guest rooms seemed ok. They have obviously done some updates, but did not finish anything. Let's start with the bathroom. The new sink/vanity with solid surface counter was quite nice, but it is pretty much downhill after that. The tub was really old with stains from old rubber nonslip decals. The shower curtain had a horrible sour smell. There were no hooks or towel bars. It was very dirty, and the hair all over the tub and shower area was a really nice touch. In the bedroom, they tried to divide it into 2 separate areas - sleeping and sitting. To accomplish this they shoved the bed as close as possible to the window right next to the old disgusting a/c unit that turned on and off constantly all night long, thus making one side of the bed completely unusable. In the large sitting area, they filled it w/ a desk, one chair, one ottoman and one small end table. There is a huge empty space. The bedroom was cleaner than the bathroom but not much. The furniture, lamps and curtains were newer and somewhat stylish, but the carpet was gross and the paint job was terrible. Overall with the super low ceilings, the room seemed really depressing. I think that this hotel would be ok for $100 or less for a night, but at $150 plus a night it is not acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hi leon70_11,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. I apologize that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback to our management and housekeeping teams so that they can address these issues.