“Good place to stay in the airport area”

TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Ranked #94 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was a bit nervous about this place based on some of the reviews, but I was perfectly happy here and would stay here again on future trips in the area. Not perfect, but not bad at all.

Location - on a smaller street off Hamilton, but convenient and quiet. Kroger shopping center about 1 minute drive with a few fast food places. Airport is about 15 minutes I guess as is the Easton shopping center that has everything you could imagine.

Room - Good size and decent layout. Better than most Springhill Suites that have the TV in a very awkward location. The desk is nice, but it does face opposite the TV so if you want to work and watch TV at the same time you have to work on the couch, which is what I did and was fine. Room was clean and AC worked fine. I was facing away from the freeway in the main building and didn't hear any road or airplane noise in a 1 week trip. I like softer beds, but this was a bit soft even for me. TV had plenty of channels. Internet work well, but was slightly annoying to have to log in every day.

Bathroom - modern and good condition. Nothing terribly fancy, but perfectly nice and big enough. Maybe small for more than 1 person, but I was alone.

Kitchenette - nice and has new appliances and countertops (granite). Kitchenette isn't quite as big as the ones I've seen in Residence Inns or Homewood Suites, but its enough unless you're doing serious cooking.

Breakfast - a little disappointing. I don't have high expectations for breakfast, but I do prefer hot oatmeal to packets you make yourself. Not much in the way of fresh fruit.

Exercise room - small and only 2 machines. Disappointing. Luckily, there's a national club about 15 minutes away that I'm a member of.

Other things - pool is outdoor. Fine for summer, not great if you want to use it in winter. Lobby is kind of small and odd, but since I don't spend much time there, it didn't bother me.

Room Tip: I like quiet rooms so I'd pick something facing east (away from the freeway).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HiHoHiHoRDU
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We enjoy receiving feedback from our guests.

I am glad to hear your enjoyed your stay. Our location is very convenient to Port Columbus International Airport (about 5-10 minutes), and to the great shopping and entertainment at Easton (about 10-15 minutes). While our outdoor pool is seasonal, our guests are welcome to use the indoor pool right next door at our SpringHill Suites in the off season.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to hosting you again on any future visits to Columbus.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here as part of a youth sports tournament group. Staff was friendly and the accommodations were nice. No issues at all with noise, even though the hotel was full of teams. The breakfast was fine and the washer/dryers are great for sports teams. The balloons with the good luck message in the lobby was a nice touch.

What I would change: 1) there should be an ice machine in both buildings, rather than just one of the two (sports teams all have coolers which need ice!), 2) the fold-out sleeper sofa in our room was not made upon our arrival. Sheets were in the closet, but I don't expect to have to make my own bed upon arrival. 3) our room had a slight smell of mold. It went away after turning up the air-conditioning but I would think that housekeeping would have caught and resolved the issue before we did.

Overall good stay and good value; I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want to be in the same building with the breakfast room and the only ice machine, be sure you...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NewsWonk
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the inconvenience of not having an ice machine in the second building. Our rooms have full kitchens with ice makers in the freezer, though I do understand how this would not produce ice quickly enough to fill a cooler. The addition of another ice machine is something we will consider adding to our hotel.

I also apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced. We will address these issues with our staff so these problems do not arise again.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to host you again the next time you are in the Columbus area.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We liked the room which was fresh and clean. Nicely appointed. The exterior shows lack of maintenance which surprised me since it's a Marriott property. Breakfast was poor at best. No hot foods. Basic cereal, yogurt, bagel. Didn't hear air traffic.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms. Our Morning Break breakfast is designed to be a continental breakfast with items such cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and bagels. Because many guests such as yourself have asked for hot breakfast items, we have added a waffle bar on the weekends.

We hope to host you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We are one week into a 5 week stay as we're waiting on our home to be built. During the first week, we couldn't be more pleased with the cleanliness, value and friendliness of the staff, especially the front desk staff. Everyone has been very helpful and polite.

In terms of noise level, it's surprisingly quiet, even with the proximity to an interstate and the airport. Keep in mind, the Columbus airport isn't JFK or LAX, so traffic dwindles during the later evening hours. And, within the rooms, we can barely hear within the suite (2 br) in separate rooms.

The breakfast seems to get a lot of attention. The only thing I'll say is that it is what it is. It's convenient and included. If we want more, we can always go to one of the many options close by.

I'm hopeful the rest of our stay is as seamless as the first week. Overall, kudos on a well run, well kept operation.

• Stayed: June 2014
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review! We love to hear about our guests' experiences.

We are so glad you are enjoying your stay with us and we look forward to continuing to provide you the level of service you've come to expect from a Marriott hotel.

If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Hotel is an excellent Hotel that I would definitely visit again. Staff was wonderful(especially John at front desk)!The breakfast was Great(best I have ever had!) My only bad experiences were a fall I had on the 2nd day! Ouch! On the card in the room, it said we would receive a Welcome Basket( which we never got). Other than the bad experiences,it is an excellent Hotel which I will recommend to all my friends. Thank You for a Great Time.

Room Tip: No tip needed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We enjoy hearing about our guests' experiences.

We are glad your enjoyed your stay with us and apologize that you did not receive your gift basket.

We look forward to hosting you on your future trips to the Columbus area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We are in Columbus for a wedding and found this hotel on a websearch of nearby places. It is a standard hotel in Marriott chain. It is clean with nice rooms and a kitchenette (with a stove if you want to cook). Location is very near the airport and Easton Town Center. When I stay at places like this I usually give four stars, because they ARE usually very good for what they provide. The complimentary breakfast at this one, however, tipped the scale down to "average" (see CalChrome's review, also). There are bagels, English muffins, five kinds of cereal, waffles, and hard-boiled eggs. That is, IF you get there early. Either the hotel is overcrowded or understaffed, as there was no coffee at 8:10 am, and no eggs. The young man at the front desk said "when I get a few minutes, I'll go next door to the Springhill Suites, to get eggs..."

Room Tip: Only three floors, so it's not a problem getting to your room. We were on the third floor and i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelley F, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank You for your comments regarding your recent stay at Towneplace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna. Thank you for your kind words, and our apologies that Your breakfast needs were not met. We were very busy and going through a lot of food, but our staff should have been better prepared.

We strive to meet the expectations of all our Guests, and will take corrective measures to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank You.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here overnight for a wedding. We were greeted by a friendly hello, and were allowed to check in early. Our room was clean, had just what we needed, and the hotel was located close to where we needed to go. I highly recommend this hotel for any quick visit!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Kelley F, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review! We love to hear about our guests' experiences.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope the wedding you attended went well. Our hotel is in a great spot that gives easy access to a number of wedding venues and event facilities.

We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
SpringHill Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna
Candlewood Suites Columbus Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport East
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
#61 of 145 in Columbus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Columbus Airport Gahanna? Share your experiences!