Extended Stay America - Columbus - East
Ranked #110 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This place is a dump, in the heart of a red light district. Filthy, smoky, disgusting, I was afraid I was going to get bedbugs or my dog was going to get fleas. Other guests looked to be mainly prostitutes and their clients. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Plattsburgh, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

We reserved a non-smoking room for two nights. Arrived late evening and checked in. Staff was friendly enough. BUT our non-smoking room might have been labeled non-smoking but it had definitely been smoked in. There was a big burn in the sleeper sofa mattress and the bed, sofa and carpet all reek of smoke. We asked for another room and were offered one but it was where I couldn't see our vehicle (- prefer to see it if I want to) so late and we were so tired we tried to just air the room we were in on the third floor out with open windows. Should have moved because by the time we got up I couldn't breathe. There apparently was a mix up because we were supposed to be put in a room that had new carpet and paint on the second floor yet that room was never even mentioned to us until we talked to the day staff and manager. The manager and day person were very gracious and understanding while checking us out and making a refund. Unfortunately while the third floor might be designated non-smoking the whole hotel smells of cigarette smoke. Thankfully we were able to find another room up the street closer to the Motorcycle Hall of Fame which was our reason for stopping here in the Pickerington area. So thumbs up to the day folks but thumbs down to the hotel in general if you are looking for a non-smoking place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - East, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus - East. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. The price was right, so we booked it. The room was clean, except for the chair in the corner which had a large dark stain on it. We didn't sit on it. There was a slight odor to the room, but we remedied it with 94 cent air fresheners and the problem was gone! The neighborhood wasn't bad, but certainly wasn't great. There is a family fun center across the highway and it is about 10-15 minutes away from the Easton Mall and downtown, so the location is a big plus. The pool is small, but serves it's purpose. The pool are was clean. Staff was friendly and prompt. A fair value for the price and a location close enough to everywhere you want to go!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Weirton, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Well first off the hotel didn't have any regional sports networks so I couldn't watch any indians, red or pirates games. Second they charged $5 for internet then when you sign in they ask you to pay $15 for usable internet. Third the room was small and dingy looking.
Then all I heard from 8 pm to midnight every night was girls giggling and running up and down the halls opening and shutting doors. Occasionally I'd hear a guy talk to them in a foreign language.
Oh and no breakfast.
I probably won't be staying at an extended stay again after this. Will save up the money and put it towards a better, more decent hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - East, responded to this review, 13 June 2011
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - East. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

Everything was going fine until I woke up the next morning and found a bed bug in my bed! I immediately got dressed and left.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - East, responded to this review, 19 May 2010
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus - East. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The resurgence of bed bugs is not just a challenge for hotels, but also a challenge for the transportation industry and all types of accommodations where the population is in transit. With the increase in movement of luggage in airports and other high volume areas, these insects are brought in many times by the guests, even to luxury resorts, cruise ships and hospitals.

I am truly sorry to read of your misfortune. We are complimented daily on our service, cleanliness, and amenities so I take your concerns very, very seriously. Your comments will be fully researched and all findings will be acted upon swiftly and accordingly. My management team is committed to meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations and appreciates any opportunity to bring our well established, dedicated level of service even higher. Becoming America’s number one family of extended stay hotels has given us the opportunity to welcome millions of valued patrons, like you, into our nearly 700 properties across North America. Our continued success is based on the simple belief that we reached that achievement one guest at a time. It’s a process I believe symbolizes our pledge to provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable prices. It’s always an honor to hear from our guests when we are doing a good job, but it’s a privilege to hear from a guest who cares enough to want us to do it even better.

Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2006

This "hotel" was considerabley less than satisfactory. I spent all of 5 minutes in the room before high tailing it to another hotel on another side of town. First to get to my room #109 on the first floor I had to go up stairs then downstairs and around a corner. The hallway I entered smelled like reaking garbage. Enter the room. Peeled off kitchen cabinets, crusty red spots on the carpet, stains on the pillow cases, and pubic hairs on the toilet seats all made my wife and I jettison this "hotel" in all but 5 minutes. I wouldn't even bring a woman here for an hour if you know what I mean. So it was bad, when I was handling my paperwork to get out of the room. My wife was in the car whitnessing a drug deal in the parking lot. The dealer and buyer pointed at her she pulled up to the door and we left immediately.

So Please never stay in this hotel.

Stayed March 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#92 of 143 in Columbus
Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
BEST WESTERN Executive Suites - Columbus East
Extended Stay America - Columbus - North
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - East? Share your experiences!