“Established Rules of the Hotel”

Extended Stay America - Columbus - East
Ranked #125 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Established Rules of the Hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I arrived around 5pm on 28 Oct, upon check-in, was asked if I would mind a non smoking room, I assumed it was not clean, so I said no problem. Then the desk person said she would check another room out for me only to find out it was not clean and she took care of it. 30-45 min later, that room was cleaned and was acceptable. During my stay, I used the stairs at the end of the building, but during the 9 days of my stay, only once was the stairs swept and mopped. I did notice the trash in the stairwell was removed almost daily, so I guess the stairs was satisfactory to the management. They were muddy within a couple of day of the one and only cleaning. As far as my room, this is my thought. I found the brochure that the room would be cleaned upon asking but I thought at least they would come in, no matter what, once a week. Setting that aside for I did not ask, I serviced my own room.
This is my worry, if the rooms are not at least looked at once a week, and if I was someone who used motel rooms to make meth, for instance, I would get a room at your establishment knowing the room would not be checked or cleaned for any reason. This is a security violation to me and this is why I would not be coming back to utilize your establishment.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MarkV35

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bay Village, Ohio
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Room carpets & hallway carpets worn and dirty. Hall trash cans overflowing with trash. No elevators...stairs only to upper level.
Bathrooms with old fixtures....need update replacement. "Grab and Go" breakfast consisted of oatmeal only...this is "grab and go?!" Franchise owner needs to awake to need to clean and update this property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - East, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry that your room and our hallways were unclean. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our housekeeping to improve our cleaning procedures so our hotel is more in line with our company's standards. As well, our maintenance staff will be making repairs as needed to ensure our offerings are top-notch.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cet@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I got here from a long flight and I was greeted by Jahmal at the Front dest he was helping a customer with a issue in their room. I was not impressed with the hotel itself needs a lot of TLC carpet cleaning furniture paint the walls cleaning the tub bleach so I will say I did not plan on staying but the extra care Jahmal gave me and professionalism My sheets were very dirty and he came stripped bed and asked me if the sheets were up to my standards and then changed the bed if it was not for him I would have not stayed at all. I suggest the other employees learn his professionalism.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tosha L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - East, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the first impression of our hotel did not meet your expectations; however, I am pleased to hear that Jahmal provided you with exceptional customer service. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to better improve the cleanliness and look of our hotel.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at cet@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
University Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Writing about the Extended Stay America-Columbus-East presents a couple of challenges. While there is nothing too great to say about the property, there is also nothing too negative to say about it, either.

Located just North of I-70, this property is situated in an area with other hotels of the same caliber. The rooms are relatively large, and as per Extended Stay America's standard, there are kitchens located in each room. Essentially, think of this as a studio apartment.

The benefits are pretty easy to pinpoint: Full kitchen, relatively clean and plenty of eateries nearby. There is a flat screen TV in the room (although half of the channels were not working). Parking is abundant.

The negatives are also pretty easy to pinpoint: The rooms need facelifts, sounds carry easily from floor to floor and there are no elevators (?/!). This structure is 3 stories tall. Therefore, if you have a disability that may prevent you from being able to climb stairs, this may not be an ideal fit for you.

Although not fancy, this property could provide a solid temporary housing solution when in the area for an extended period. This property is pet-friendly (there is a nominal fee), as are the neighboring hotels. There is an outdoor swimming pool for the summer months.

One note: It is best to request a room on the top floor if you are a light sleeper. Footsteps can be heard from above when on a lower level.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JasonC12
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - East, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Jason - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our fully equipped kitchens, swimming pool, and abundant parking. Also, we apologize if there were any noises from upper floors that carried to your room during your stay. Still, we are glad to hear that our location was convenient.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cet@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Brunswick
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel needs a true face lift, the staircases were filthy and smelled from the accumulation of trash . The carpet needed cleaning or replacing. The rooms were neat and the kitchen was as well, but Our rooms had bedbugs! !!!so I was totally disgusted.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank prisshin
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is my second stay at this particular hotel.

This hotel accepts pets, and it surprises me every time I see one here!

The property and rooms are kept clean.

There is a young woman named Brandee that works at the front desk. She is friendly and helpful. She takes time to visit with everyone as they come and go, making sure they have everything they need.

I met the mangers this morning, and they stopped what they were doing and made time to speak with me, and let me tell them about Brandee.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - East, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Mark - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we provided you with such great customer service and that Brandee did a wonderful job attending to all of your needs. As well, we are so happy that you found your room to be clean.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 10 June 2013

They cancel my reservation for one of my rooms. Also sheets and pillows stink from what the had washed them in. Room smelled . There was hair on the toilet. No elevator for the building that we could find. If u like coffee and a muffin for breakfast that's about all you got

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jcham8692
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#98 of 143 in Columbus
Extended Stay America - Columbus - North
Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - East? Share your experiences!