Stayed one night in April, 2012 - very close to Doctor's Hospital. Stayed based on other positive Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed.
I would prefer to stay at a “nicer” chain, but this Red Roof is much better than similar hotels in this star category.
Check in was quick and painless, and I had no need to contact the staff during my stay. Extra amenities in room (coffee maker, fridge, microwave) unusual for a "budget" hotel but a welcome touch. I have stayed at other hotels in this class that were not nearly as nice. I had a very firm pillow which I loved. Breakfast was fine – the eggs and sausage were fairly tasty; also had a bagel. Didn't try the biscuits and gravy. With two queen beds in the room there wasn’t much extra room, but all we wanted was a place to stay the night. I don’t think I’d want to spend a week here, but for a night or two you can’t go wrong.
The only negative is that the hotel is on a busy, divided highway with construction so you'll have to pay attention - it's right off the exit heading south on I-270. You also have to turn around on Broad street to head back to I-270 or go east on Broad St. Typical traffic noise which could bother you if you are a light sleeper.
Also, you might want to request extra shampoo if you have longer hair as the shampoo comes in a packet rather than a bottle.
You'd find these extras and more at a 5 star hotel which would be nicer, but you are not paying those higher prices staying at this Red Roof either. If you want a clean & very affordable room with some bonus extras - I'd say you can't beat this place. Bottom line – I would stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus - West Broad is 6 miles from downtown Columbus. This centrally located Non-Smoking hotel offers Newly Renovated Rooms with free WiFi and flat screen TVs. This hotel is just minutes from all the excitement of downtown & the arena district, only half a mile from the new Hollywood Casino Columbus, or our world famous Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, only 13 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Columbus - w. Broad Hotel Columbus
- Holiday Inn Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad Ohio