“Better than average "budget" hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad
Ranked #85 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, OH
“Better than average "budget" hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed one night in April, 2012 - very close to Doctor's Hospital. Stayed based on other positive Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed.
I would prefer to stay at a “nicer” chain, but this Red Roof is much better than similar hotels in this star category.

Check in was quick and painless, and I had no need to contact the staff during my stay. Extra amenities in room (coffee maker, fridge, microwave) unusual for a "budget" hotel but a welcome touch. I have stayed at other hotels in this class that were not nearly as nice. I had a very firm pillow which I loved. Breakfast was fine – the eggs and sausage were fairly tasty; also had a bagel. Didn't try the biscuits and gravy. With two queen beds in the room there wasn’t much extra room, but all we wanted was a place to stay the night. I don’t think I’d want to spend a week here, but for a night or two you can’t go wrong.

The only negative is that the hotel is on a busy, divided highway with construction so you'll have to pay attention - it's right off the exit heading south on I-270. You also have to turn around on Broad street to head back to I-270 or go east on Broad St. Typical traffic noise which could bother you if you are a light sleeper.

Also, you might want to request extra shampoo if you have longer hair as the shampoo comes in a packet rather than a bottle.

You'd find these extras and more at a 5 star hotel which would be nicer, but you are not paying those higher prices staying at this Red Roof either. If you want a clean & very affordable room with some bonus extras - I'd say you can't beat this place. Bottom line – I would stay again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjk718

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here overnight during our drive to another destination. We were pleasantly surprised with the comfort and cleanliness of the room. We really loved the bathroom, which had late model upgrades. Definitely loved the four large mirrors in the bathroom as well. Even the towels were housed in a sleek, modern, mahogany wood square design. The bed and TV were both fine as well.

The only downside is that the walls were thin. You can easily hear people in the hallway and outside in the parking lot, even though they were talking at a normal volume. Also, the hallway had a stale odor, but fortunately our room did not.

Front desk staff was quick and professional. Breakfast consisted of cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, eggs, sausage. While we were eating, we noticed the staff replenished the food a few times. They definitely keep the breakfast area plentiful for the items provided.

Also, the $59.99 price was excellent as well. Other hotels in the area either had questionable reviews, or the price was much higher. We were very happy with our selection.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jontae1
i0735, Owner at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel for the world to see!

Yes many of our guests love our bathrooms and with it being recently remodeled we were striving for more of a modern and elegant look. I am glad that you gave a greatly detailed description of the bathroom because a picture is simply just not enough.

Although we may not need too, we are constantly updating and maintaing rooms to ensure comfort to all of our guests. For example, we recently remodeled the entire room and many guests love the bathroom, but we are looking to make the entire room be loved; therefore a guest in the past may come back in the future and expect to see flat screen tv's in the room (which are coming to every room in the near future).

Once again thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and hope to see you come back soon!
clayton, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel is a great value for the money!
Hotel staff was extremely helpful and courteous.
Room came with a fridge, and microwave, a rarity at this price range.
Room was large and clean.
For breakfast the biscuits and gravy were great, would have liked some fresh fruit but definitely don't expect it for the price of the room.
Only complaint was that the queen bed hurt my back a little but switched to a king bed and it was great.
If I paid $100 + for the stay I woulda given it 3 stars, but for this price it's 5 stars!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has non-smoking rooms but it still smells of smoke because the rest of the rooms are smoki...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for the rest of the potential guests. I am very glad that you enjoyed your room and found that you got more than what you expected with the value you paid.

That is our mantra here at Red Roof W. Broad, we want to stay as cheap as possible because we understand that times are tough and people have strict budgets. You may go to another economy brand hotel chain to find that you do not even receive half the amenities that we have to offer in our rooms and throughout our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back in the future!
Portland, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked this room through Priceline and received a confirmation that I had reserved a non smoking room for a total cost of $123.18. When I arrived I was given a room on the smoking floor. I argued with the desk clerk as politely as possible that I should have a no smoking room. I suggested that I should receives some discount for this inconvenience, but she would not agree. The room reeked of smoke so much so that I could not wear my pajamas once I returned home because they, too, stunk from the smoke. We did check in with 2 additional adults which I informed the desk clerk of at checkin and agreed to pay the $5.00 extra per adult per night. This should have made my total bill $143.18 for two nights; however, my credit card was charged $140.12 and I had to pay an additional $20.00 in cash upon checkout. I believe I was taken advantage of and want to know if I can have some of my money refunded.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JayPeterman
Dear Patrick,

I am sorry for your experience here at our hotel. Although we do offer a certain amount of smoking rooms (Only six rooms) the rest of our rooms are non smoking. With that being said, your room was on the third floor where all of our smoking rooms are located, however those rooms are the last six rooms at the end of the hall away from the elevator.

You may smell a very little scent smoke in the hallway due to guests leaving doors open or heavy smoking in the rooms, but the smoke smell is not strong enough to enter other guests room. Please understand that your room was a non smoking room and at this time we were full of capacity and if we had the availibility to switch your room, we would've been more than happy to do so. We understand that you paid for the room and you want to be comfortable in the enviroment that you paid for but in this case we could not provide you with a room move because we had no other rooms open to move you into.

We hope to see you soon in the near future to make your next stay as pleasant as possible!
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I Checked into the hotel after 10PM and asked the night clerk if they had a business center in order to print my boarding passes for the next day. She told me that the business center and fitness center are closed fron 10PM until 8AM. This is the only hotel that I have ever stayed at that I could not exercise early, the fitness facility should be open at 4AM. The comfort of the bed was average and so was the room. The price was very cheap at under 55.00 a night. Breakfast was limited and not very good. The morning staff was friendly, but I am still shocked that the night staff did not help me print my boarding pass. The only way that I would stay here again is if I needed a cheap room and planned on eating breakfast in a restaurant. I will not be back in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Rob2222
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

We only stayed at this hotel one night, however look forward to our next trip to Columbus to enjoy this hotel again. The clerk was great upon checkin, it was quick and efficient. Having an indoor heated pool was an added bonus, as we love to take a dip before bed. The room was extremely clean and spacious. Love that this was more like a hotel rather than other Red Roof Inns that have exterior doors more similar to a motel. Overall, excellent experience!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i0735, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Danielle,

From the Red Roof Inn Columbus W. Broad staff members, Thank You! Your review is the epitome of what we stride for. We are continuing to make updates to our hotel to make guests like you show that you are getting more than what you paid for. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Vandalia, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

When we arrived the gentleman at the counter did not even bother to get up from his chair to greet us. Soon he was on the phone with housekeeping and the manner in which he interacted with fellow employees was very inappropriate. Due to interruptions, etc it took eleven minutes for him to check us in.
We were given a room on the first floor per our request. At this time we had someone with us that has a broken leg so this was most convenient. We found the room to be adequate. Within a few hours we discovered that the sound from the pool area comes right through the wall. Since we were already settled and moving someone in this condition was not practical we opted to stay in this room. We turned the television up to try to block the sound as best we could.
The next morning we went down for breakfast (at 8:00 am) which is served until 9:30 am. We found most of the shelves completely empty and we only could get about ¼ of a cup of coffee from the coffee machine. Eventually the server brought out muffins but they were still frozen.
As we were checking out we mentioned these things to the manager. He commented since our stay was on a VIP voucher that there was nothing he could do about the problems with our stay. If this is how a VIP guest is treated I am afraid how they treat non VIP guests.
We had read good reviews about this hotel from others which is why we selected this location. After staying here I would not recommend it to others. There are plenty of other hotels in this area where you can stay and get the quality that you deserve.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
i0735, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
First off I would like to apoligize to this guest. Most economy brand hotel's choose not to serve a great breakfast. Here at this independently owned Red Roof Inn we choose to go above and beyond to not only have breakfast, but to also include hot items, something you will NEVER see at many other hotels in our area. On this particular day our hotel was at a 100% occupancy and we were short of staff. To have this issue is a very very and I mean very rare occasion.

We value ALL of our guests, especially our VIP guest who get a free night stay with us. If you are reading this review and questioning our hotel service, I encourage you to give us a call and let us ease the anxeity of choosing our hotel or go to hotels.com and see what others are saying about our property or just simply read the other reviews below this one.

Thank You!