“Will stay here again!”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad
Ranked #87 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I've been to many hotels in and around Columbus, but this one by far is the best one!

The hallway was smelling literally of roses the entire time I was there. No smoke smell except for the last day when the cleaning person came through....for some reason I could faintly smell smoke but it was hardly noticeable.

The pool was lovely, the room was lovely. Marble in the bathroom, fresh smelling linens, clean bathtub, sink and toilet, not a spot anywhere in the room.

In the hallway there was a rather large white stain of some sort a few rooms down from mine, but nothing that got in the way.

TV reception was alright, the TV itself was perfect, SUPER fast internet, was able to watch netflix on my downtime with no problems.

Not too bad of a drive to downtown, whether you go up I-270 to I-70, or you take W Broad all the way to downtown...either way the drive is manageable and you can't go wrong. There's also several COTA bus stops around the hotel so public transportation downtown is good, too.

I've been to several hotels and this one by far is the best one!

Room Tip: the elevator is definitely noticeable but it wasn't hardly used, so if you can, get a room away...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
i0735, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear John M.,

Thank you for your great comments about the cleanliness, odor and fast WIFI! We have worked hard to renovate all our bathrooms, exterior of the building and making sure we have great WIFI. Also, fresh fruit to our continental breakfast as well as a new Casino opening up (Oct ’12) within walking distance of the Inn. We are very excited about the positives changes we have made and know we will take great care of you during your next stay with us in the future.

Mtg

Reviewed 18 June 2012

This was a much needed comfortable stay after some not pleasant experiences at other hotels. Definitely go down the street to W.G. Grinders for a meal!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Furnace_Hunters
i0735, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Furnace_Hunters,

We are so happy that you finally found a place to stay that you enjoyed. No guest should go unhappy at the place they are staying at and I am even more happy that you found the near by restaurants a great place to eat.

Our area is on the upside; there have been constant improvements to the road systems, buildings and traffic making the west side of Columbus pleasant for all visitors to come and enjoy what the city of Columbus has to offer. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Fantastic!! Stayed 2 days, couldn't be happier with the stay. Rooms fantastic, clean,updated,breakfast,great. Staff extremely helpful with directions, dinning recommedations, just a overall GREAT experience. Inside and outside of hotel fantastic!!!! Great job, #1 in our book

Room Tip: superior 1 king, great room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
i0735, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank You Valerie for taking the time to go and review our hotel. We certainly appreciate guests that go out of their way to take the time and write reviews for other guests to see. On behalf of the staff here, I am certainly happy that you have enjoyed your stay here and that you will be a returning guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed one night in April, 2012 - very close to Doctor's Hospital. Stayed based on other positive Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed.
I would prefer to stay at a “nicer” chain, but this Red Roof is much better than similar hotels in this star category.

Check in was quick and painless, and I had no need to contact the staff during my stay. Extra amenities in room (coffee maker, fridge, microwave) unusual for a "budget" hotel but a welcome touch. I have stayed at other hotels in this class that were not nearly as nice. I had a very firm pillow which I loved. Breakfast was fine – the eggs and sausage were fairly tasty; also had a bagel. Didn't try the biscuits and gravy. With two queen beds in the room there wasn’t much extra room, but all we wanted was a place to stay the night. I don’t think I’d want to spend a week here, but for a night or two you can’t go wrong.

The only negative is that the hotel is on a busy, divided highway with construction so you'll have to pay attention - it's right off the exit heading south on I-270. You also have to turn around on Broad street to head back to I-270 or go east on Broad St. Typical traffic noise which could bother you if you are a light sleeper.

Also, you might want to request extra shampoo if you have longer hair as the shampoo comes in a packet rather than a bottle.

You'd find these extras and more at a 5 star hotel which would be nicer, but you are not paying those higher prices staying at this Red Roof either. If you want a clean & very affordable room with some bonus extras - I'd say you can't beat this place. Bottom line – I would stay again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjk718
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here overnight during our drive to another destination. We were pleasantly surprised with the comfort and cleanliness of the room. We really loved the bathroom, which had late model upgrades. Definitely loved the four large mirrors in the bathroom as well. Even the towels were housed in a sleek, modern, mahogany wood square design. The bed and TV were both fine as well.

The only downside is that the walls were thin. You can easily hear people in the hallway and outside in the parking lot, even though they were talking at a normal volume. Also, the hallway had a stale odor, but fortunately our room did not.

Front desk staff was quick and professional. Breakfast consisted of cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, eggs, sausage. While we were eating, we noticed the staff replenished the food a few times. They definitely keep the breakfast area plentiful for the items provided.

Also, the $59.99 price was excellent as well. Other hotels in the area either had questionable reviews, or the price was much higher. We were very happy with our selection.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jontae1
i0735, Owner at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel for the world to see!

Yes many of our guests love our bathrooms and with it being recently remodeled we were striving for more of a modern and elegant look. I am glad that you gave a greatly detailed description of the bathroom because a picture is simply just not enough.

Although we may not need too, we are constantly updating and maintaing rooms to ensure comfort to all of our guests. For example, we recently remodeled the entire room and many guests love the bathroom, but we are looking to make the entire room be loved; therefore a guest in the past may come back in the future and expect to see flat screen tv's in the room (which are coming to every room in the near future).

Once again thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and hope to see you come back soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel is a great value for the money!
Hotel staff was extremely helpful and courteous.
Room came with a fridge, and microwave, a rarity at this price range.
Room was large and clean.
For breakfast the biscuits and gravy were great, would have liked some fresh fruit but definitely don't expect it for the price of the room.
Only complaint was that the queen bed hurt my back a little but switched to a king bed and it was great.
If I paid $100 + for the stay I woulda given it 3 stars, but for this price it's 5 stars!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has non-smoking rooms but it still smells of smoke because the rest of the rooms are smoki...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for the rest of the potential guests. I am very glad that you enjoyed your room and found that you got more than what you expected with the value you paid.

That is our mantra here at Red Roof W. Broad, we want to stay as cheap as possible because we understand that times are tough and people have strict budgets. You may go to another economy brand hotel chain to find that you do not even receive half the amenities that we have to offer in our rooms and throughout our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back in the future!

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked this room through Priceline and received a confirmation that I had reserved a non smoking room for a total cost of $123.18. When I arrived I was given a room on the smoking floor. I argued with the desk clerk as politely as possible that I should have a no smoking room. I suggested that I should receives some discount for this inconvenience, but she would not agree. The room reeked of smoke so much so that I could not wear my pajamas once I returned home because they, too, stunk from the smoke. We did check in with 2 additional adults which I informed the desk clerk of at checkin and agreed to pay the $5.00 extra per adult per night. This should have made my total bill $143.18 for two nights; however, my credit card was charged $140.12 and I had to pay an additional $20.00 in cash upon checkout. I believe I was taken advantage of and want to know if I can have some of my money refunded.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JayPeterman

Dear Patrick,

I am sorry for your experience here at our hotel. Although we do offer a certain amount of smoking rooms (Only six rooms) the rest of our rooms are non smoking. With that being said, your room was on the third floor where all of our smoking rooms are located, however those rooms are the last six rooms at the end of the hall away from the elevator.

You may smell a very little scent smoke in the hallway due to guests leaving doors open or heavy smoking in the rooms, but the smoke smell is not strong enough to enter other guests room. Please understand that your room was a non smoking room and at this time we were full of capacity and if we had the availibility to switch your room, we would've been more than happy to do so. We understand that you paid for the room and you want to be comfortable in the enviroment that you paid for but in this case we could not provide you with a room move because we had no other rooms open to move you into.

We hope to see you soon in the near future to make your next stay as pleasant as possible!