Was a little nervous going to this location after a recent post about bed bugs, but took my chances as that problem is so bad that the city of Columbus focuses on the issue in their traveler's guide, stating that all hotels in the area and the city are doing what they can to minimize the growth of this problem. I took proper precautions such as bagging all clothing in my suitcase, as well as all other items, and taking another plastic bag to store dirty items. When we arrived I searched the room thoroughly for any signs of infestation, but found none. Unfortunately, you are taking a risk in any hotel regardless of location, room rates or age of property.
With that said, my husband and I stayed a total of two nights and no bed bugs or other critters were found. The management stated that they aggressively treat areas where they have been spotted and apparently that is true. The room was clean, odor free, and attractive. No flat screen TV but TV that was in the room had a large enough screen and was in good working order. Wireless service was quick and no problems were encountered. Lobby was inviting and breakfast was adequate...more offerings than I have had at other Red Roof locations. Pool and exercise equipment available, but I did not use either. Beds were comfortable and bathroom was clean and larger than others in other Red Roof locations. This Red Roof is a renovated Holiday Inn Express which explains the difference in style and size of rooms. We were there on a Sunday and Monday night so there were not many people there and noise was at a minimum. Elevator was not working so we requested a room on the 1st floor and got one without a problem. Was at the end of the hall near the side door with easy access from the back lot.
With the new Hollywood Casino within 5 minutes away, they are in a prime location and hopefully the increase in clients and revenue will allow them to upgrade and keep up with new hotels that may come into the area. Hopefully their new neighbor will allow this tired neighborhood to become vibrant once again. You can tell that they have experienced a economical decline with a lot of "dead" stores, shopping centers and malls and the new casino will hopefully make the area come back to life with new stores, restaurants and other hotels. Hopefully the people who live in the area have found jobs there which will futher help the economy. Witnessed some shop lifting in the shopping area across the street from a distance, so lock your doors and be alert. Lots of traffic congestion because of work on the bypass and 270 is a mess! Once that gets corrected, it is an easy 15 minute drive to Scioto Downs as well.
Two notes regarding Red Roof...they could use new carpet in the hallways or at least a deep cleaning of the carpet and more lighting in the parking lot.
If you are planning a trip to the casino, give this Red Roof a try and make your own decision. I am glad I took the chance. A great stay with a great room rate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus - West Broad is 6 miles from downtown Columbus. This centrally located Non-Smoking hotel offers Newly Renovated Rooms with free WiFi and flat screen TVs. This hotel is just minutes from all the excitement of downtown & the arena district, only half a mile from the new Hollywood Casino Columbus, or our world famous Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, only 13 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Red Roof Inn, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Columbus - w. Broad Hotel Columbus
- Holiday Inn Columbus
- Columbus Holiday Inn
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad Ohio