“Bedbugs x 2”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad
Ranked #89 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Bedbugs x 2”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel on August 06, 2013 for a business meeting in room 305. I found bedbugs crawling on my pillow. I called the front desk and they moved me to room 307. While inspecting the room I found a bedbug on the box-spring under the skirt of the bed. I called again and they moved me to room 116. I asked if they had this problem before and the lady told me they had bedbugs on the second floor before. Room 116 had no microwave or refrigerator like I booked, the floor was not vacuumed and very warm because it was next to the miniature pool.

When I checked out I was told the manager will call me sometime that day. It is three days later and I have yet to hear from anyone. This place needs an exterminator to start from the top and go all the way to the bottom.

DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ERICGFRENCH
i0735, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Columbus West Broad, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear valued guest,

It is unfortunate that you have come across such findings in our room. We take matters like this very seriously. Although what you experienced is rare, it can happen to anyone at any hotel.

Our Inn takes all precaution possible from monthly inspections to bed bug protectors on the beds. In this case we have called in the extermination team to handle this issue and we have temporarily put those rooms out of order until complete removal of the bugs.

Not only have we treated those rooms, we have also medicated all rooms to prevent such findings in any other room. Please do not hesitate to come see us again and see what we have done to make things right for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

The "non smoking" room (119) smells of stale smoke, and due to that, we get a knock on our door while asleep, and then a phone call from the front desk rudely saying, "A neighbor of yours says you are smoking in your room! I will need to come check the room!" OMgosh! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Being non smokers we were not smoking of course, but we waited for this woman to come and "check" the room. I called 10 mins later to ask if she'd hurry so we could go back to sleep...she said "I don't need to, I trust you"...WHAT?? REALLY?? She woke us for what???? And no apology at all. In addition, the front desk staff and house keepers felt the need to yell down the hall to each other to have a conversation. Needless to say we got very little sleep!
Stay if you have insomnia, otherwise you may want to find another hotel,
The only nice thing I can say is that the manager on duty was a very nice man.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Was doubtful about this place,but would stay again. Very good. Above me expectations. Was given a free Red Roof in hat,as i was wearing and older one. Pool looked small,but i never use one. I had a business suit,king bed Fridge & microwave. Very nice.

Room Tip: Stay away from pools & elevators for quietness.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank buchster1
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were surprised at how nice the hotel actually was. Worried at first because the reputation of Red Roof Inn's but hotel was very nice. Small but staff was friendly. Let us check in early, which is always nice. Hotel was very clean. Pool area small and pool deck in need of repair in some places but minor issues. Breakfast was typical; biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, boiled eggs, danish, toast, etc. No waffle maker however which is what I always look forward to. Room nice, clean. Bathroom small but well laid out and worked ok as long as only 1 person used it at a time. Bed was ok except for plastic mattress pad which made mattress lumpy in some spots; and pillows were so "stuffed" that I felt like my neck was breaking. I did end up using a beach towel for my pillow so it worked out. TV was nice. As usual walls were thin and you could hear people walking down the halls but I expect that at most places anyway when you are around crowds. Biggest problem with the room was the big gap underneath the door; it lit the whole room enough at night you didn't have to worry about tripping if you got up in middle of night!. And there was no clock radio. All in all though, we were well pleased. Was better than the Best Western we stayed at in December and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive place to stay that is close to casino.

Room Tip: Ask for room on top floor so you don't hear everyone walking/running up and down the halls.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sammich25
Lorain, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Booked a room well in advance. prior to going my wife had a accident and was in a wheel chair.
Contacted weeks prior and requested a change to handicap or 1st floor. Upon arrival no arrangement had been made . At that time inquired to change to handicap room was informed
they only had one and there was no couch for a second person to sleep on. I had originally re-
quested a smoking room so I requested none smoking so we could at least get on the first floor.
I was then told there was none available. Shortly after my wife noticed a couple come in and request a 1st floor room and received the courtesy. My wife inquired and was told That I had insisted on smoking. This was in fact not true. I had asked to change to non-smoking.
Room had a strong odor of insecticide. Needless to add small black bugs were found that evening in the room. Breakfast offered the following morning was scarce and what they offered
had run out before we got down there at 8am . Room was not cleaned. when my wife inquired why they told her that we left a do not disturb sign on the door till 12:15. We left the room at 10:15
and there was no sign on the door. No offer was made to get us clean towels or wash clothes.
When we left the room at 10:15 my wife even talked to the cleaning personnel who had their cart parked next to our door. on the next night the room was left dirty , garbage was left in the room and more bugs were noticed. A/C kicked out and would not come back on . I would under
no circumstance suggest any friend stay there. I will never stay there again. Staff had a problem
and showed no effort to help out. Staff seems to lie a lot.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wayne M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Dont stay here!!!! Found bed bugs at 1am left and had to drive home for 2 hours in middle of night - gross!!!!! Had to ho through expedia for refund - hotel didnt seem to care and obviously now that i read reviews have ha this issue for a while!

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Jgulliford12
Batavia, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

This trip was different as I had my girlfriend with me this time. It was a moderately quiet stay. Still a lot of guests coming back from the casino at anywhere between 11pm and 1am and they're a bit noisy.

This is the second time I've been assigned a room that was not OK. The time before this very last stay they checked me into a room that was still occupied. This time, the room had no microwave or fridge. Sadface.

They did have a new keycard ready for me when I called them about the issue and it was corrected immediately.

LOVING the new TV upgrades! Very nice touch.

The second floor stair door on the east side of the hotel is not closing properly and slams pretty hard. Get a room away from that area if you can.

Still didn't get a chance to use the pool or exercise facilities this time, but the pool looked fine.

Otherwise, a good stay as usual!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple