“The hotel was fine....”

Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton
Ranked #95 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Booked this hotel at the last minute, a friend was running in the Columbus marathon and I decided to go cheer her on. They were at a different hotel in the Easton area that was booked. I guess with the marathon and the Ohio State football game, there were slim pickings for hotel rooms. After reading some of the reviews here and hotels.com, I didn't know what to expect. The hotel was clean, the staff was very nice. We had a non-smoking room, as requested. There have been some recent upgrades, there was a flat screen tv in the room.

When I checked in I was told that the room had not been cleaned yet - it was about 5 pm. One of the workers had called out. Scott, at the desk, asked if I could wait 10 minutes and he'd go clean the room himself - some other rooms were still be cleaned also. Well, 20 minutes later, the room was still not cleaned; we did not get into the room until 6 pm. I was disappointed, but Scott was the only one at the desk and there were a few check-ins - I was in lobby waiting and watching. Scott kept thanking us for our patience.

I understand it is an extended stay so normally people are bringing their own toiletries. But could the hotel at least supply some hand soap in the bathroom - that's the one thing the average person is not going to think to bring on a short/overnight stay. A couple extra pillows in the room would be nice too.

For a night, this was fine. The location is GREAT for Easton Town Center. For the price, yes, I'd come back for another night stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review of your experience at our Columbus Easton location. Your feedback is always appreciated to help us improve our service and product offerings. I do apologize for the inconvenience you endured of getting your room ready in a timely manner and we will take steps to prevent this type of inconvenience going forward. I am delighted to hear of the efforts of Scott. Thank you again for the allowing us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs and we look forward to seeing you again on your future travels to Columbus.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

My son and I stayed here for an evening and we both didn't like it. It was dirty, the person at the front desk was terrible, and I was concerned about my safety. It appears that people stay there for a week or more at a time, and alot of cars were driving people up to attend a party near our room/apartment. The price was what drove us there, but it is worth to pay more.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the cleanliness and the customer service you experienced did not exceed your expections. Please accept my apology. I will be bringing your feedback to the attention of the property management and staff members to ensure that our customer service and cleanliness standards are at the highest quality. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cea@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed here three weeks while waiting for our apartment. The room was nice, service was fine, and kitchenette was functional. The staff was great, but Nique was fantastic. Can't say enough good things about her. She was helpful and sweet, thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

I would like to thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors; it is a delight to hear the efforts of our staff, especially Nique, enabled you to have a "home away from home" experience. We appreciate the opportunity to serve as your interim house and wish the best in your new home.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

After reading other reviews, I almost did not stay here, but am glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised by the large room, kitchen, and overall cleanliness of the hotel.The front deal staff was courteous and the entire hotel was quiet. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a great hotel for the price!

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was in Columbus for 2 nights and chose this hotel because it is near my daughter's place. Wasn't sure I could get a short stay - not extended - but I did and it was great! I have stayed in several extended stay (different brands) hotels for 4 months or more at a time for work, and this was the largest room I have ever had. The hotel is quiet, clean, and the check-in and check-out were very fast and efficient. The desk staff was very professional and worthy of a higher-priced hotel! I got my Wi-Fi password at check-in without asking, and my PC and the hotel network found each other right away - that was definitely a hotel first for me!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sheila G
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night to catch an early flight. The hotel room was won by bidding on Priceline (first time using Priceline and it was a mistake). From the minute we pulled into the parking lot we were not happy with the hotel. The parking lot was covered with trash of all sorts, there was a grocery cart with empty beer packages outside the door, and the trash was overflowing. The customer service at the hotel was not the best. I called prior to arriving to ask if there was a specific restaurant nearby and the hotel representative did not attempt to help us finding the nearest one. The lobby was clean, but the feeling wasn't right. While walking up to our room the horror of filth continued. Sitting in the hallway near our room was a frying pan with 3-4 inches of grease. I watched a staff member walk past the pan and did not attempt to remove it from the hallway. The room had a weird smell, the feeling was that the room was not that clean. The hotel claims that the rooms were recently updated, but the furniture was old and damaged along with outdated utilities. I would also like to add that if it wasn't for Priceline I would have never stayed at a hotel similar to this. Staying at this hotel was simply a mistake made by attempting to use Priceline. The thought crossed our minds a few times to cut our loss and book a room at the Hampton next door. If you don't mind a dirty feel and you need a very cheap stay then book this room. Otherwise avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Trevor D
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed from the first impression of the parking lot, common areas, to the lack of customer service and attention details to each member of our team

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We did not actually sleep at this hotel so I can only comment so far. We checked in and found our bed (that was supposedly a Queen bed) to be one of the smallest beds I've ever seen in a hotel. The room was dark and had a musty smell. The 19" box TV and beat up furniture made it evident that some updating is necessary. We called the front desk and asked if they had another room with a larger bed and maybe no smell. We said we would be willing to pay if there was a difference in price. She said not to worry and took us to another room. It was the exact same thing except this one had a dirty shoe print on top of the bedspread. We ended up cancelling our reservation and staying at the very nice hotel next door (more expensive of course, but worth every penny). On a positive note, Nique, who worked at the front desk was probably the nicest person I've ever encountered working at a hotel. She always had a smile and was so pleasant, helpful, and understanding. Thank you Nique!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that you cancelled your reservation. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.