“Outstanding experience”

Ranked #90 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This place is an incredible value for business or pleasure travelers. The entire hotel was clean, modern, and everything worked. WiFi was free and strong and the staff (particularly the young lady at checkout) was efficient and helpful.

Believe me, I'll be making the Extended Stay American at CMH a regular stop!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

As a disclaimer, I am usually very particular when it comes to reviewing hotels. This location exceeded all of my expectations. I made my reservation a day in advance via Priceline's Name Your Own Price tool. Considering the low price I paid for the room, I was expecting to be located in an outdated, hidden room that still had smoke odor pouring out of the walls and ceilings. That was NOT the case! My room was right near the entrance, very clean, and well appointed with modern furnishings and a new LCD TV. The heater worked well, the bed was comfortable, and a choice of firmness in pillows were available in the room. Plenty of floor space in the room! The kitchenette offered an extra touch including a microwave, full size refrigerator (not a small one), cooktop, and a small collection of plates, glasses, and utensils. Breakfast is very small, and includes a selection of oatmeals, fruit, granola bars, muffins, coffee and tea. The staff was very friendly, including Teresa who took care of processing my arrival. Great first experience with this property.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We booked a 5day stay because we had water damage in our home and was under repair. they staff was very helpful and friendly. When booking in they allow me to book in early and treated my family very special. I didn't expect this kind of service but was relieved and comfortable staying with my new born and husband. Thank you Greg, Nicole and staff for making our stay very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We liked the hotel. Service was great - we arrived in Columbus early and we were able to check in hours early which was GREATLY appreciated. Room was clean, bathroom clean. In the morning in the lobby there's a small hutch with oatmeal, coffee, granola bars, pre packaged muffins available for free. We would definitely stay here again. The hotel is less than a mile from the shopping mecca that is Easton. :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was in Columbus on a work assignment for a week and decided to stay here. The front desk staff was great so off to a good start. Then, the true colors came about. My rate included daily housekeeping which was never done. I went to the front desk two out of the three days I stayed there and mentioned this to them and every time I got the same answer which it was going to be brought to the manager's attention. I guess the manager does not care! Customer service was well below grade. Among other "amenities" was the noise level. In terms of basic hospitality industry standards, well….it lacks cleaning on public areas vacuum carpets, the bathroom was not up to basic standards, dust everywhere, etc… If you have the choice, my personal recommendation is not to stay here. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and you will be able to open your curtains.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank j t
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

As a professional I have to travel extensively. In my line of work over the years I have encountered lots of staffing personnel in differnt establishments across the tristate OKI. Having said that, this particular location and it's staff Mallory, Nikki, Javon, Whitney, Jerry have been nothing more the extraordinary. I don't even feel like im in a hotel, feels more like I'm coming home. I have many options to choose from and I have time and time again chosen to drive 25 mins out of my way just to continue to lodge in your facility. Thank you so very much for the hospitality and the professionalism. I will definitely recommend this particular hotel to family and friends.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kevin N
Ada, Ohio
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Whoever was directly above us crashed, thumped, jumped up and down, etc nonstop for hours till late at night; sounded like practicing martial arts or gymnastics. Finally I phoned the desk at 10 pm; the woman who answered was nice and said she would take care of it. She didn't. Nothing changed and we eventually went to sleep in spite of it. We got very little sleep. Avoid this place. It is not cheap. Stay someplace where the staff protects its guests from scumbags like this.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family