“Failed to honor rate on reservation”

Courtyard Columbus Airport
Ranked #54 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I arrived at this hotel at 1230 am with an emailed reservation. I made the reservation thru the central reservation line and had an emailed copy of the reservation. To my surprise when I arrived the arrogant front desk representative refused to honor the reservation because there was a mistake made by their agent. They almost tripled the rate and told me there was a mistake and oohing they could do. On future business trips I will not be staying at this property. I am a platinum member for Marriott and have never been treated so disrespectfully. Ironically on the front counter is a sign asking for guests to rate them on this web site.

Room Tip: There are many other options very close. I have stayed at the fll service Marriott which is next doo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TimChonduras
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

TimChonduras,
Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with Courtyard in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Hotel room normal. Workout room miminal. Cheaper treadmill, orbital machine and some free weights. Pool and hottub indoors. No meal served except breakfast in hotel restraunt. Left too early to experience breakfast. Have McDonalds, Wendys and Subway close by. More expensive option is River Grill at Marriot across the street. At River Grill dinner is reasonable if you stick with salad or sandwich. Otherwise dinner entree are expensive. Not much to do around hotel. Plus is close to airport.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dottopilot

Dottopilot,
Thank you for your review! We’re so glad you enjoy staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments.
Yours truly,

Reviewed 7 May 2012

So i've stayed here several times and although the staff is USUALLY friendly. The internet is slow (wifi even slower), AC units have not worked twice, shower leaking all night once, mattress terrible, no good eating venues nearby, etc.... Yes, i book it on priceline and i end up here 50% of the time i come to columbus but after a few stays i've decided to avoid priceline discounts and actually pick where i want to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank toyotatacoma2007
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Toyotatacoma2007,
Thank you for you review of your stay. I would like to offer my apologies for the service you experienced as it does not meet the high standards of Marriott . Please know that we value all feedback. I will be addressing these matters with my team during our weekly meeting. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from staying with Courtyard in the future; we appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your review.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed one night in May 2012. I chose the Courtyard Columbus Airport because I had a very early flight out and din't want to deal with a pre dawn drive.

This hotel is a bit more dated than some other Courtyards I've stayed in recently. Nothing bad, just a little tired (carpets, elevators, lobby, etc). Room was spacious, with king bed and sofa sleeper. Nice flat-screen TV and free wireless internet provided (like many hotels, the free wireless internet speeds are poor. Come on Hotels, step up your networks!). Bathrooms were clean, but dated. Had a sliding glass door with access to a small balcony, which was nice to step out on in evening.

Service was good, from front desk to maintenance staff who came to fix my TV. Free, ample parking right outside entrance was always available. There was a long walk from front desk through a dark hallway to get to the elevators.

If you don't need to be near the airport, I'd probably look downtown or at Easton Town Center. More choices, more to do. But if you've got an early or late arriving flight, its a convenient choice with clean, nicely-sized rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelRevue

TravelRevue,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I tried priceline negotiator and was paired with Courtyard Marriott Columbus Airport March 31, 2012. I was very disappointed in the quality of the room, bed (mattress was horrible), furniture,tv,etc. The bathrooms was very dated, the carpet was old and 'sticky', and the worst was the mattress. I woke up at 4am with this worst backache I have ever had and couldn't go back to sleep because of it. Wish we would have spent a few extra bucks and went to a much nicer place. Would have been MUCH MUCH happier at Holiday Inn Express or Hampton in.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is our 2nd trip to this hotel and have enjoyed both stays. Front desk friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is one of the better Marriotts although the footprint is poorly designed requiring long walks at times to some rooms. The service at the front desk, the restaurant and room service is among the best found at Marriotts. Downsides - the housekeepers are not informed of checkout and therefore, they will knock on the door around 8:30 am to service your room not knowing if you have checked out. So you are advised to hang the Do Not Disturb tag if you wish to not be disturbed. And although it may seem picky, the wine selection does not match that at the Dayton, Cinti, or Cleveland Marriotts (very slim selection)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Consultant2468

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel and for recommending us. I will pass along all of your comments to our team during our next weekly meeting. We look forward to seeing you again!

Best regards,