Courtyard Columbus Airport
Red Roof
US$163
US$105
  • Pool
All reviewsfire pitcolumbus airportfront deskwaffle housecourtyard marriotttypical courtyardearly flightthe shuttle driverrooms are clean and comfortableparking lotlobbyfairfieldproximity
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was lucky to book this hotel on Priceline. What a treat. The staff was great and went out of their way to help us. They have a complementary shuttle to the airport and to the Easton mall. The shuttle driver, Cameron was so pleasant and accommodating. We got to the hotel early and had some time to kill so we went to the mall and back on the shuttle. We felt like we had our own private driver. There are comfortable chairs to sit on out by a fire pit in the evening and a small restaurant and bar. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel enthusiastically.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Louandskip,
Thank you for taking the time to share your complimentary feedback regarding your stay with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to provide excellent service. I will certainly pass along your kind comments to our team and I will recognize Cameron with a special commendation for his outstanding service. We appreciate your high recommendations of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

After reading the reviews from other TripAdvisor users, we weren't expecting a 5-star experience... A tip of the cap to the manager of the property, who is not only (obviously) active on the TripAdvisor website, but also must truly care about the property. The issues I read about in other reviews weren't evident at all during our stay.

Everything in our room was new - from the flat-screen HDTV, to the fridge, to the bathroom fixtures, to the carpeting and wallpaper. The whole place was clean and quiet. The (free) WiFi had a consistently strong signal (worst reading I got was -80 dBm) and the download speed was good (I didn't run a speed test but there weren't any unusually slow page loads during our stay.) The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with several requests we made.

Whatever problems were mentioned in earlier reviews were either completely addressed or we simply didn't run into them. This was a 5-star experience for us - much better than we usually get at 3-star properties. Our room (2 double beds) was more than adequate in size, and although I didn't measure the dimensions, seemed comparable to other Courtyards. Speaking of the beds, the mattresses were excellent!! This is one of my pet peeves -- 3-star or higher hotels with really cheap mattresses... All I really want is a clean room and a good night's sleep. I definitely got that!

The only minor nitpicks involve things we've grown used to at other Courtyard properties (I travel pretty frequently and stay at Courtyards quite a bit.)

1. No hot tub/jacuzzi in the pool area. Bummer, as there's plenty of room and they could have put one in...
2. No breakfast buffet in the morning. I usually pay the reasonable price for Courtyard buffets, so was a little surprised they didn't offer one here (why not?)

Those two very minor nitpicks notwithstanding, I'd recommend this property without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

KS070,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. It’s great to receive your complimentary feedback on our great hotel and friendly staff. I’m pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations with our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our excellent service. We appreciate your feedback on opportunities for improvement and apologize for your disappointment that we no longer offer a breakfast buffet. The Courtyard brand standard has moved to offering a full, ready to purchase menu of delectable breakfast items at our new Bistro, which we do believe provides an additional, unique amenity for our guests. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to improve our guests’ experience. We’re glad we delivered a 5 star experience during your stay and we hope you’ll visit us again the next time you travel to Columbus. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have stayed at this hotel couple times in last few months due to flight cancellation. For both times the experience was very poor. First of all this hotel lacks true Marriot Courtyard quality. It looks like they have converted this hotel from either choice or any other non-Marriott quality hotel. You can make it out from size of the room and quality of bathroom fittings. The rooms are super small and same is the case for the gym and the lobby. The bathroom fittings are of poor quality and lacks professional installation. The position of TV and bed is very odd such that you cannot relax while watching TV. The front desk folks in the evening lack experience. They ask same information twice and at time they do not know how to operate computers. The morning staff looks good. I never ate this at this courtyard as the food is pricey and with same money with little more you can eat at the full size Marriott right across the street. The room rates are almost the same as Full size Marriott right across the street. Overall I personally would return to this hotel as last choice when airline cancels the flights and give me voucher for this hotel.

Room Tip: Inner facing rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Coolin
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Coolin,
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your feedback is important to us as we are continually working to improve our guest satisfaction. We hope you will give us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you in the future and provide a more positive experience. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just stayed at this hotel last week. Very close to the airport and near Easton Mall. The staff are very cheerful and helpful. The food is good and the bartender awesome! I look forward to my next trip to Columbus and already know where I will stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Charles1019,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. It’s great to receive your kind comments about our great hotel, convenient location, and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Columbus. Thank you again for your patronage and review.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

The hotel is located conveniently close to the airport. Access to interstate that takes you straight to downtown Columbus. Rooms are comfortable and surprisingly quiet considering it is located directly under flight paths for landing aircraft. Very nice outdoor patio fire pit to lounge by with a beverage of choice after a long day. The staff is very friendly and attentive to all of the guests needs. I spent several hours working in the lobby and witnessed many interactions between the staff and guests. Several different guests that were departing asked to speak to the manager...not to complain, but rather to say just how pleasant their stay was.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

1FlynFinn,
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Columbus Airport. I’m happy to hear you found the accommodations comfortable and our staff friendly and attentive to our guests’ needs. Please plan to visit us again the next time you travel to Columbus. Thank you again for writing.