“Fun place - amazing patio”

Union Station Video Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Union Station Video Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #706 of 2,285 Restaurants in Columbus
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hull Alley
Transit: COTA Bus #2
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Everyone very friendly, food great, relaxed atmosphere. Shows are a hoot! Patio is a great place to relax and meet with friends (newly made and old ones). Great location to everything in the Short North

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Popular gay bar/cafe with extensive menu including breakfast any time and many vegetarian options. I had tasty pad Thai. Others had good sandwiches or entrees. Service was very good. Noise level only moderate. Large patio for spring, summer,etc. very moderately priced.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was visiting a friend who had just moved to Columbus and he suggested we have Sunday Brunch at Union Station. We sat outside in the patio area which was okay. It would have been very nice accept it was quite crowded. The noise level was so high, I could not hear my friends across the table and servers had trouble navigating from table to table. We did the Sunday Brunch Buffet for $11.00. We had to walk to the very back of the restaurant to get to where the buffet was set up. This was a little annoying as we had to dodge servers, people waiting to be seated, and everyone sitting at the bar. I was a bit disappointed on my first trip through the line as a number of items (chocolate chip pancakes, egg scramble, and potatoes) were either out completely or very low. There were a number of options to pick from including bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy,and eggs benedict. The highlights for me were the omelet station and the large bowl of fresh cut fruit. I was a bit annoyed though that when I was splattered by hot grease while waiting for my omelet, the server didn't even ask if I was okay or apologize. On the other side of the restaurant was a waffle bar but I didn't bother with that bit. The food was decent. Not amazing but then again what do you expect from a buffet. One thing that frustrated me was that my two friends and I all got up at the same time for seconds and when I got back to the table a server was clearing it in order to give it to a party who was standing there. Of course I objected and the server had to go find us more utensils and drinks. Talk about jumping the gun, they hadn't even brought us our checks yet so why they thought we were done, I don't know. Also point of interest, this if a VERY gay friendly place. Most of the staff and the majority of the patrons are some level of queer. Overall, I would skip the buffet. I would go back to try the menu in the evening but I just didn't find the buffet experience worth the stress of dealing with everything else.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The food is great and priced very well. Try the Tortellini Blanco (to die for), Pad Thai, BBQ Chix Pizza and the Hamburger is one the best I have ever had, Oh and the Cubano sandwich is best I have ever had.

The drinks are huge and extremely strong. I have never had a stronger drink. You get a lot for your money here.

I recommend Sunday Brunch or Thursday Long Island night. $9.99 Steak and Fries Wednesday is also a steal.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We came here with a group of eight. The server was very attentive and the food was great! I had the hot Pad Thai - yummy:-) The patio is great for enjoying friends and the sights of the Short North.