“Nice hotel in a nice location”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #10 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Generally, this is a very nice hotel, with a very good staff, in a very good location. This is the second time we have stayed at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris, and we have enjoyed it both times. Breaking it down into categories:

1. Room/Bathroom
Rooms are decent sized, and well maintained. Bed was comfortable. They do a great job of keeping everything (bedding, floors, furniture, bathroom) clean and updated (a must for us) - nothing was dirty and nothing was worn out. The only very minor things we noticed during this latest stay was a bit of rust near the shower/bath grip bar and the shower head chrome cover hanging around the shower head (instead of up against the tile). These are very picky things, but the clean staff definitely should have noticed/reported these things. Internet was a good speed and it's nice that they don't nickel and dime you for access. Overall, you will be very pleased with both the room and the bathroom.

2. Public areas
Amazing for a hotel of this level. Beautiful lobby with plenty of comfortable seating and large fireplace. Nice outdoor area. The buffet breakfast was a decent value for the price, but not incredible. Food was kind of just lukewarm. But a minor complaint as good buffets are very hard to pull off.

3. Location
Excellent. Right next to a very nice shopping mall and several restaurants. If you're one of those travelers who gets bored just sitting in the hotel room (even when "just passing through"), this hotel is a great place to stay because there are plenty of things to do. For many thing, you can just walk -- you don't even need to get in the car.

4. Staff
Both times that we've stayed there, they were very helpful, friendly and professional. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear David,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a detailed review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I am going to share your comments with the entire hotel team so that we can continue to provide our guests with the best experience when they choose to stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus, OH.

Nancy Howard
Area Director of Sales

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a fan of Hilton properties and this one did not disappoint. My family stayed twice last Fall (I'm late providing this review), while in town to visit my nephew at Kenyon College. Although there are accomodations closer to Gambier, we opted to stay here. The Hilton Polaris is located just off the highway, it's near a fabulous Mall, and there are a ton of food options nearby. The hotel is beautifully furnished and clean. Literally, everything you need.

My only criticism is that the staff isn't "anxious" to make you happy or go the extra mile. I didn't have my Hilton Honors # handy. I asked the front desk staff to look it up for me. She made a brief attempt and left it at, " I can't find you. You may want to check when you get back home." So, two stays...no points. I now have my Hilton Gold Card tucked securely in my wallet, so I won't have to rely on the staff to help me out with that next time. Were is not for this experience - twice, I would have rate the hotel EXCELLENT rather than Very Good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My Niece was married at the hotel, and most of our family stayed at the Hilton, everyone very happy with there stay. Great place to hold a wedding,every thing ran very smoothly, and all the staff were very professional

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for a business trip.My company has a contract with Hilton for Instant Gold status. Upon checking in, the front desk told me that their system does not have my status on my profile and therefore cannot provide the Gold status benefits. I showed the manger my email confirmation, she just ignored and told me to fix it with the Hilton Honor. She had a very unfriendly attitude. I showed her the email confirmation from Hilton again and ask if she has questions for the email from Hilton. She just said "no, i cannot give you the status because my system does not have it".
I never had such an unpleasant experience with any other Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NYTNYC
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear NYTNYC,
I have read your review and I am truly sorry we were unable to resolve your issue. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service possible and it seems we did not provide this to you during your stay. I would like the opportunity to learn more about the "instant gold status" program you were referring to. Unfortunately, our front desk agents do not have access to this information for this special offer that was extended to your company by another hotel. I would greatly appreciate it if you would please give me a call so that I can gather more information from you about this program and your company so that this situation does not occur in the future.

Nancy Howard
Area Director of Sales
614-885-1600

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at the Hilton for graduation weekend. In the last four years, we have stayed at this property three times. We prefer the Hampton Inn, but we did not book early enough to get a room this weekend.
This Hilton is convenient to Columbus/ Westerville. The small suites on executive floors offer a huge master bath and a powder room in the seating area. This layout makes it a good choice for parents plus a kid. We all had room to dress, primp, etc. Both rooms have big windows that offer expansive views.
Bed was comfortable, and bedding was immaculate. Master bath is as big as some hotel rooms and equipped with a truly gigantic tub and walk-in double shower. Nice amenities.
Seating area is furnished poorly. Sofa bed was fitted in a "taupe" slipcover that doesn't fit the brand. Chair was heavily stained and just ugly. Fold out bed was surprisingly comfortable for young adult.
Beware bathroom lighting. No matter what you do to the switches as you prepare to retire, bright, bright stadium lighting flashes on as soon as you enter the bathroom, waking everyone in a square mile. My husband and I swore at the bathroom light a few times every night. Since the sleepability factor is very important to us, this problem will steer us toward another hotel next time.

Room Tip: For rooms on 7-9, Executive Lounge is open M-F for very nice breakfast and M-Th for drinks.