“Great Hotel..!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel..!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The location is great, next to a big mall and plenty of dining options. The room was super clean and the service was outstanding! I appreciate the shuttle service from the airport. Just a bit pricy but well worth..! Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nancy H, General Manager at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear BizTraveler159,
Thank you so much for writing a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! I'm glad to hear that the service we provided was "outstanding". Our goal is your 100% satisfaction. Thanks for recommending us to everyone. We look forward hosting you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus, OH.

Nancy Howard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Conference/event room was spacious and provided a great locale for our meetings with plenty of room for everyone to spread out. The hotel room was perfect and relaxing after a very long day. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Mirna F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Always had good experience with Hilton Polaris and this was no exception. Excellent service and great staff assistance. Rooms are always very clean and comfortable. Always take advantage of the Executive Level lounge. Find it very convenient and well stocked.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Generally, this is a very nice hotel, with a very good staff, in a very good location. This is the second time we have stayed at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris, and we have enjoyed it both times. Breaking it down into categories:

1. Room/Bathroom
Rooms are decent sized, and well maintained. Bed was comfortable. They do a great job of keeping everything (bedding, floors, furniture, bathroom) clean and updated (a must for us) - nothing was dirty and nothing was worn out. The only very minor things we noticed during this latest stay was a bit of rust near the shower/bath grip bar and the shower head chrome cover hanging around the shower head (instead of up against the tile). These are very picky things, but the clean staff definitely should have noticed/reported these things. Internet was a good speed and it's nice that they don't nickel and dime you for access. Overall, you will be very pleased with both the room and the bathroom.

2. Public areas
Amazing for a hotel of this level. Beautiful lobby with plenty of comfortable seating and large fireplace. Nice outdoor area. The buffet breakfast was a decent value for the price, but not incredible. Food was kind of just lukewarm. But a minor complaint as good buffets are very hard to pull off.

3. Location
Excellent. Right next to a very nice shopping mall and several restaurants. If you're one of those travelers who gets bored just sitting in the hotel room (even when "just passing through"), this hotel is a great place to stay because there are plenty of things to do. For many thing, you can just walk -- you don't even need to get in the car.

4. Staff
Both times that we've stayed there, they were very helpful, friendly and professional. No complaints at all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear David,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a detailed review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. I am going to share your comments with the entire hotel team so that we can continue to provide our guests with the best experience when they choose to stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Columbus, OH.

Area Director of Sales
BOWIE, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a fan of Hilton properties and this one did not disappoint. My family stayed twice last Fall (I'm late providing this review), while in town to visit my nephew at Kenyon College. Although there are accomodations closer to Gambier, we opted to stay here. The Hilton Polaris is located just off the highway, it's near a fabulous Mall, and there are a ton of food options nearby. The hotel is beautifully furnished and clean. Literally, everything you need.

My only criticism is that the staff isn't "anxious" to make you happy or go the extra mile. I didn't have my Hilton Honors # handy. I asked the front desk staff to look it up for me. She made a brief attempt and left it at, " I can't find you. You may want to check when you get back home." So, two stays...no points. I now have my Hilton Gold Card tucked securely in my wallet, so I won't have to rely on the staff to help me out with that next time. Were is not for this experience - twice, I would have rate the hotel EXCELLENT rather than Very Good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sallisaw, OK, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My Niece was married at the hotel, and most of our family stayed at the Hilton, everyone very happy with there stay. Great place to hold a wedding,every thing ran very smoothly, and all the staff were very professional

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Michael D
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for a business trip.My company has a contract with Hilton for Instant Gold status. Upon checking in, the front desk told me that their system does not have my status on my profile and therefore cannot provide the Gold status benefits. I showed the manger my email confirmation, she just ignored and told me to fix it with the Hilton Honor. She had a very unfriendly attitude. I showed her the email confirmation from Hilton again and ask if she has questions for the email from Hilton. She just said "no, i cannot give you the status because my system does not have it".
I never had such an unpleasant experience with any other Hilton Hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NYTNYC
Nancy H, Director of Sales at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear NYTNYC,
I have read your review and I am truly sorry we were unable to resolve your issue. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service possible and it seems we did not provide this to you during your stay. I would like the opportunity to learn more about the "instant gold status" program you were referring to. Unfortunately, our front desk agents do not have access to this information for this special offer that was extended to your company by another hotel. I would greatly appreciate it if you would please give me a call so that I can gather more information from you about this program and your company so that this situation does not occur in the future.

Area Director of Sales