“Super nice!”

Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Ranked #9 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were traveling and booked a room on the road after reading the Trip Adviser reviews. Super nice hotel 20 minutes north of the OSU campus. The area around the hotel is a business park. We were there on a Monday night. Great front desk staff, very friendly and professional. We were checking in the late evening, around 10 PM. We had booked a regular room but wanted a fridge. The gentleman at the front desk moved us into a suite and no additional cost. The property is very clean and well maintained. The bed and bedding were very nice and comfortable. I'm a nut about bedding (seriously can't sleep on poly blend sheets) so I was very pleased with the smooth cotton sheets and pillowcases and the number of pillows on the bed. My only issue was the night light in the sink area which I was unable to turn off. It shone brightly all night long and drove me a little nuts. The complimentary
breakfast was excellent with a variety of foods to choose from. I would recommend this hotel and decided to try Hampton Inn again based on my experience with this property.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had to write a review after staying in this hotel. I was there for a family reunion and more beautiful choice could not have been made. First, the staff was friendly and courteous, and check in took all of two minutes. The lobby is beautifully furnished with a fireplace and spacious seating. The rooms, OMG... lots of space, and the bed slept almost as good as mine. The bathrooms look new with glass shower doors. This was the first hotel I've been to that actually had hot- hot water!!! Our reunion group met up with a wedding family in the lobby and I could not believe how the staff allowed everyone to enjoy themselves...personally they did get a little loud. The food was great but just a little pricey. Can't call this a complaint but the air went out in our room one night, I made one phone call and when we returned to our room it was an igloo!! lol This hotel is located five minutes away from a great shopping mall, bowling lane and eating places, and they even have shuttles that will take you and pick you up. Couldn't find a complaint even if I tried. This is absolutely the only hotel I would recommend while in Columbus.

Room Tip: All the rooms I went in were great, 9 floors
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and this time, I felt the housekeeping left a lot to be desired. The furnishings needed to be cleaned and/or replaced. I stayed on the executive suite and would have thought that it would be nicer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The bar at this hotel is the best in the neighbourhood. Also, their breakfast buffet is sumptous with a good choice of fresh fruits, eggs options etc. Rooms are always clean and fresh. Their beds are the most comfortable in any hotel I have stayed. Great value for money!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Nancy H, General Manager at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Krish R,
Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! I will share your comments with the stay so that they know their efforts are not going unnoticed. We look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Columbus, OH.

Nancy Howard

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Heaviest room doors I've encountered - which is GREAT - as I did not hear a peep in the hallway or from other rooms the entire night. Cannot remember the last time I slept so peacefully in a hotel. Bedding is great, bathrooms are well appointed with nice "designer" toiletries. Lobby is beautiful with gas fireplace and nice bar. Was only here one night - so did not eat in the hotel, but did use the gym. Gym is good for cardio equipment - but weights are just OK. Indoor pool was quite large with a nice pool deck area. Very close to the Polaris Mall - which is as upscale mall - so plenty of restaurants close by if you want to get out of the hotel. We were there to visit Ohio State which was an easy 15 minute drive. Note - would give yourself more time if you're visiting OSU when school is in session. Would happily stay here again.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

What a great visit. Went for a wedding there. Great service and Bed was wonderful! Could have slept in it all day!
No problem holding room for late arrival.
Only issue, if any, was low flow toilets were hard to flush. Had to hold handle to get toilet to work. Save water , by having to flush multiple times....right

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have enjoyed staying here the past 2 years and will be back next year. Great location with the Polaris shopping within walking distance and many restaurants to chose from. The shuttle was handy to get our group around the area also. Beds are great, spacious rooms and helpful staff. The patio firepits are a great place to gather. We appreciate the security at night with our street rods. Look forward and plan to stay here next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Nancy H, General Manager at Hilton Columbus/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Diana,
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a great review on the Hilton Columbus/Polaris! We do enjoy hosting the Goodguys Car Show attendees and providing a safe environment for your beautiful cars. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Nancy Howard