“Best Hotel Ever!”

Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #60 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Best Hotel Ever!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I came here and got the zoo package. Our stay was amazing, starting from the friendly staff that welcomed us, our clean and spacious room, the pool was great, and the breakfast was amazing! From all the hotels we've stayed in for vacations or just going out of town, this has been the best! The bed was very comfortable and the shower was so nice. It's right across from Cabela's (actually just across the parking lot) and across the street was the mall, and most of the resturaunts are 1 mile away or less. There was construction going on next to the hotel but you couldn't hear any of it. We will definitely go back next time we go to Columbus, and I definitely recommend getting the zoo package because it's such a great deal!

3 Thank Jhoanna W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting family. Very nice hotel and the staff was very friendly. The suites had a fridge, coffee pot and two tvs. The rooms were very clean and very we'll decorated. The mall is very close. We purchased the zoo deal and received 2 tickets to the zoo, parking pass and breakfast with our overnight stay. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I travel a LOT for work and I've spent more than my fair share of nights in hotel rooms. I was really impressed with Cambria Suites from the moment I saw the outside of the building, was greeted by the energetic staff, and opened the door to my suite. Numerous amenities in the lobby, including restaurant, bar, and a public space to meet casually with friends and a decent breakfast in the morning.

The room itself felt "new" in spite of being four years into its life. The space was arranged really well so that I could sit on the couch and watch TV while my wife took a nap in the other room. Decor was nice and the bathroom was immaculate. I will look for Cambria Suites when I'm traveling from now on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul A
Fort Mill SC
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently stayed here for a wedding. There are two Queen size beds and a pull out couch. Great for a family of 5. The bathroom was a nice size but I would have appreciated the counter being larger. Liked having 2 TVs in the room and the refrigerator/entrance cabinet was a great place to store stuff. Closet size is okay. Room is pretty spacious. Wished that breakfast was included, so that was a bummer. We did eat out at Mimi's Cafe nearby and it was very good. This hotel has a great location also. We were all over Columbus for the long weekend and it was quite convenient to every place. I thought the room was very quiet and didn't hear any outside noise. The bedding was okay, would like different pillows but it was pretty good. Easy to find off the interstate also. Pool area can get extremely loud and is small but it was nice. Patio area also utilized by a lot of people and looked nice. The bar area/waiting area/lobby is very spacious and had multiple TVs and was a great place to gather. Kudos there. Elevators were also very quick. Staff was very nice and place was well maintained. Definitely a place to visit again!

1 Thank Mom3boyssc
Mohrsville
Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you are visiting the Columbus, OH area this is the place to stay. No hint of any smoking, They have a great package for parking and admission in to the Columbus Zoo. The Breakfast is fresh, the pool area is clean. The entire place is very clean. Easy on off the local highways to where ever you are going. All of the staff is very friendly, and helpful. Feather pillows are very comfortable

Room Tip: All of the room views are to a mall or store. So room selection is purely to get in and out quickly
1 Thank Michael A
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My first time in a Cambria Suites was a pleasure. Four of us (Girlfriends' Weekend) had two queens beds and a separate living area with couch. Two TVs in the room, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer. Location is close to Polaris, premier shopping area with many eating establishments nearby. Breakfast is not included (Boo) but is available at a small restaurant in the lobby. The lobby area is large and inviting with a full service bar. It is the nicest sitting area of any of the hotels I've stayed at in this price range. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Drawbacks are few and petty, but I'll mention them in case they matter to someone reading this: the microwave is on a lower shelf which makes it necessary to bend over to use it which blocks the light to see the buttons. The bathroom, my pet peeve for all hotels without these, has no fan/vent which makes the mirror steam up and moisture collect on surfaces. Really picky? They have the smallest waste baskets of any I've seen. We overflowed ours time after time. I didn't think the beds were all that comfy, can't put my finger on exactly why, but no one else had a problem with them, so I'll chalk that up to me and my back. One design thing: in a room that can sleep four/six with the pull out couch, it is much nicer to have the sink outside the bathroom so they can be used simultaneously. The hotel rooms are incredibly quiet which we appreciated. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

So here goes the review. Hotel staff fantastic, room spacious, exceptionally clean and extremely quiet. The only drawback I must say is our bed was just OK and the pillows were OK. I mention this because as a whole the place is great but the bedding (comfort nothing to do with cleanliness) was less than desirable for us. I want to reiterate the hotel is great and a solid value but our bed just didn't agree with us.
Regardless I would do it agin!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family