As someone who has worked in hotels -- WELL DONE!
We booked two rooms for a bachelorette party. The rooms were spotless and our requests for an early check-in, extra towels and blankets, and a room away from other guests were granted without any issues whatsoever. We book at the Renaissance because of it's convenient downtown location and the rooftop pool. Our girl (Courtney) that checked us in was so friendly and informative. I was a little worried that we would be treated differently since we were clearly a bachelorette party. However, this was the most positive attitude I've had from hotel staff for a group of our size.
The pool area was perfect and the management has done a great job of creating an urban oasis downtown. It was a bit crowded, but you'd be crazy to not take advantage of the pool in this HEAT. I also noted a small rooftop garden that was visited by one of the hotel chefs. Kind of a neat detail!
The room was kept very cool and there was plenty of room for all of us to lounge in hang out in one room... the other was mainly used for sleeping later that night. The bathrooms were small, but well designed. The shower was walk-in and had a glass divider. It was a good thing that we're all such great friends because we had girls showering and doing makeup in the bathroom at the same time. Probably wouldn't be a great situation for others since you can clearly see the person showering. I liked that the mirror in the room was so large and that the closet doors were also mirrored. Plenty of room for all of us ladies to primp!
The valet was brilliant. Great service every time. The guys were helpful and kind. We always called down and asked for our cars to be ready at a certain time and every time they were directly outside waiting for us! I think it was well worth the $23/day! Plus you didn't have to worry about your car getting hit on the street or broken into, which has happened to us before in other areas of Columbus.
We did not take advantage of the restaurant or the bar as we had already made other plans. I did hear a guest raving about the food though!
We loved our stay and the bride-to-be described our stay as "The best night ever!"
A big THANK YOU to The Renaissance Downtown! You made our experience one to remember!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in over 400 luxurious Columbus hotel rooms with upscale amenities and contemporary styling while enjoying stunning views of downtown. Let the colorful art of local artisans guide you to the rooftop terrace for relaxation in a uniquely urban poolside oasis. During your stay, explore top attractions from this hotel in Columbus, OH near Nationwide Arena, Columbus Convention Center, and The Ohio State University. Tantalize your palate at Latitude 41, a Dean James Max destination restaurant using local products and naturally-raised meats to create uniquely-simple dishes, or wind down with bar selections at the chic and vibrant Bar 41. For exclusive gatherings, enjoy a Columbus, OH hotel with tastefully renovated indoor and outdoor event space that provides an ideal backdrop for business functions and wedding celebrations. Feel the energy of the state's capital at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Columbus Renaissance Hotel
- Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel Ohio
- Columbus Renaissance