“Nice conference Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Thompson Falls
“Nice conference Hotel”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Comfortable room but had a very small bathroom. The door to the bathroom was hinged in the middle to fit. Staff was very friendly. Temperature control was a bit touchy. It was either too hot or too cold. A bit on the pricey side with hidden costs. Pay for WiFi. They did have coffee maker in room. Continental breakfast was $10 and full buffet breakfast was $17. They at least could have a breakfast menu for those who only wanted an egg and toast. The only other option for breakfast on weekends was a Starbucks across the street. We are used to having breakfast and WiFi included with room. Particularly at the price of the room. OK, I'm not talking American hotels but European and Central and South American Hotels as well.
The hotel is very conveniently located to the capitol. Very nice pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Raymond M
Holly H, Executive Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hi Raymond, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay with us. We would like to apologize for the issues your experienced while staying with us. We are very sorry to hear that you had temperature issues with the water in the shower. The issue with the water was brought to our attention and we have been able to make a repair to remedy the problem. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool space as well as our friendly staff. We hope you will come back and visit us again. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was one of the visits I wished my flight would cancel so I could stay longer. Not a grand lobby, but very comfortable and modern with old photos of past Ohio Presidents.

Loved the room decor, smart and sharp, very comforting.

Nice modern bathroom with a large sink and nice sized shower. The folding door was funky. What I disliked most about the bathroom was that one must completely get inside the shower to turn it on, thus, I was blasted by cold water. There is no shower curtain, just a 2/3 wall of glass and the shower controls are at the far end. Did NOT like!

Also not a fan of the public rest room-style commode, with the loud flush. I was alone in my room, but was thinking, had I had a guest with me, there is no quiet middle of the night flushing going on in this room! HELLO, I'VE FLUSHED THE TOILET, WAKE UP NOW!

My room had hair everywhere! The woman who stayed before me must now be bald! Long, black, wavy hair in the bathroom, on the floor near the closet, on the commode, in the shower, and a nest near the entry door. It was like someone's head exploded! The housekeeper must need glasses.

Very nice staff. I didn't get to the work out area, but my room looked down on the pool from the 17th floor and it looked nice.

I did notice street noise late at night inside my room, however, I do sleep with a white noise app, so I slept very well.

There was only one outlet...located on the wall behind the night stand. For those who need a CPAP, it's not the most convenient. And if you need more than one, bring an extension cord.

With a location 2 blocks from the Statehouse in the middle of downtown, it was very convenient. I'd love to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Penguin S
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Renaissance for a conference. Uniformly, the staff was friendly and welcoming, from the requested service to the chance meeting. There was a small room service problem and the server quickly and efficiently addressed the issue. The bed was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in Downtown Columbus.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My only complaint, it's a little confusing to get to the property for valet. However, Rooms are clean, staff friendly. Great gym, concierge lounge. Truly the best place to stay in the Midwest. Always enjoy my stay

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Yes, it was clean -- and that's important to be sure, but beyond that there's not a lot to recommend. I was here for a meeting and the wifi in the room was espeically problematic. Plus I had to pay for it (always a real irksome requirement) AND I paid for the "enhanced" and more expensive access -- I don't know how the regular would have been even usable since the enhanced wasn't... My room (king bid) was pretty small and there this was huge stuffed chair smashed up against the wall which took out an entire side of the bad. (I've submitted a picture.) I might have been more sympathetic if the chair was really cool looking and/or comfortable but it was a god-awful red, cheezy looking and terribly uncomfortable. The location is great if you have to be downtown and there are a good number of nearby restaurants that are very good as well, but beyond that, not much around. Meeting facilities were very good. I noticed the title of one of the other reviews was "needs updating." Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Holly H, Executive Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hello, thank you so much for telling us about your experience at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your room accommodations as well as the quality of the internet. It is very understandable how frustrating these issues can be and we would sincerely like to apologize. Our General Manager would be happy to speak with you regarding the issues you experienced. If you would be interested in speaking with the General Manager you can contact ColumbusManagement@renaissancehotels.com
Warren, Ohio
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great food at the rest & excellent service at the club level
Easy check in and out On site parking
Walking distance to Nationwide Arena and Arena District
Close to OSU
Walking distance to Capital and other resturants

Room Tip: near all attractions
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jay, thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you had such an excellent experience. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel rooms are in dire need of updating. The bathroom was so small that two people could barely fit. The door they had on the bathroom was a folding type door and was just very strange. We found a green apple on our floor upon entering and the border wallpaper was peeling off. On a positive note, the staff is wonderful and very helpful. Also, we ordered room service and the food was good and service was fast. The rooms were not up to par, therefore we will find another place to stay while visiting Columbus next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Holly H, Executive Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordiinator at Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello, thank you so much for reviewing your stay at our hotel. We are so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your room while staying with us. We are in the planning phase for a rooms refresh early next year which we are hoping will address some of the concerns you expressed, particularly the bathroom. Thank you so much as well for the compliments regarding our staff as well as our quality of food. We pride ourselves on our customer service and love to hear that we were able to deliver in that area. We sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.