“Staff was Very professional, yet friendly and courteuos.”

Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel
Ranked #27 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Staff was Very professional, yet friendly and courteuos.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Front desk staff of Renaissance Downtown Columbus, in particular, Mr. Jermaine and Ms. Anna went beyond their normal duties to assist me. I am a Platinum Elite Member of Marriott and am pleased to say that the Marriott staff has always been very helpful and pleasant. With people like Mr. Jermaine and Ms. Anna of the Renaissance Downtown Columbus, Marriott hotels will continue to have me, my family and my staff as their loyal customers.

Once again, a big Thank You to Mr. Jermaine and Ms. Anna for making this one customer very Happy.

Dana Truong
Sr. Program Manager at TVA

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Canfield, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Greetings, on July 11 my self and my Wife checked into the Renaissance 50 N. 3rd Columbus. Your counter staff person, Mr.Tesfu made our first time stay very pleasant, Mr Tesfu was friendly and out going. When I asked were he was born, he informed me, Ethiopia, and I was able to relate some "history" about his home country. Mr Tesfu made us feel much more welcome as we and never stayed in such a nice hotel prior to Friday. Upon checking out Mr Tesfu was also on duty and that time and once again Mr. Tesfu was very friendly and made us feel as thought we would be a welcomed guest when we return. When I called in to the Hotel once we where home, I spoke to one Anna who was also more that helpful and friendly in clearing up a question about a charge on my Hotel bill. Your entire staff made our stay a very pleasant and memorable one Thank you Dale R room 1519

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the "bad" stuff. Yes, the bathrooms are very small. Yes, parking is $25 valet.

But, here's the great stuff. A few days before my arrival I received a very pleasant email welcoming me to the hotel and introducing a member of staff that could assist me with anything I needed. I responded that I would love a high level room with a view. I immediately got a response that my wish was granted! We were placed on a high floor with a corner room with a great view! Upon check in, the front desk person handed me an envelope with my name on it (elite member). The envelope contained a handwritten thank you note for staying at the hotel, along with a coupon good for either different items in the shop or extra reward points. All staff were extremely nice and helpful when we needed something. The room was more than adequate and clean. Beds were very comfortable. Roof top pool area was awesome!!! I would def recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Michelle M
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member and believe me I am surprised to say one of my favorite hotels can be found in Columbus, OH. This is my second stay at this property, and this time was just as fabulous as the last. The staff is amazingly friendly and attentive. You are always greeted at the door and in the lobby with a cheerful attitude and people going out of there way to help with any need you may have. Both visits I had a corner room, which gave me a terrifically quiet and private stay. Also, I found the beds to be quite comfortable and the rooms were clean. The concierge level offers breakfast and late afternoon/early evening appetizers, and is open all day for drinks and snacks (which includes freshly baked cookies!). The hotel boasts a terrific rooftop pool for the summer months, although I did not have the pleasure of being able to take advantage of it on either of my trips.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The Renaissance is close to everything downtown Columbus. Including the popular Short North Art District. Hotel parking is about $25. Taxis are readily available to take you anywhere and their prices are reasonable. We walked to German Village (about 12 blocks or so) to visit my favorite bookstore of all time ( the Book Loft) and to have dinner at Schmidts. If walking or driving is not an option to get around town from the hotel. Across the hotel, there is a rental bike hub that you can rent and ride to the next hub. Just check the map. There is one across the street from the Book Loft as well. The room was a bit cramped, but most hotels in the cities are designed this way. The bathroom was very clean but the door is a bit awkward. The beds are very comfortable. There is also a comfortable chair in the room as well. I highly recommend their breakfast omelette. They will make it just the way you like it. A bit pricey for the buffet, but worth every penny.
We loved our stay. Will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Saine2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I often stay in Columbus when on road trips and had yet to stay at the Renaissance. My Hubbie scored a great deal on Priceline and I have to say that I was super impressed!!! The hotel was beautiful! Room was wonderful, had aveda products, room service, fridge, the whole works. If memory serves though, it did not have a bathtub (which I am finding to be an annoying new trend). The beds were very comfortable and the staff was super friendly both at the front desk and in the restaurant. I don't know the area that well but I would say it's a great location- felt very safe and we were a short drive from our favorite local eateries. If we take that drive again, we will definitely try to stay here!

• Stayed May 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We checked in to the Renaissance columbus downtown because our air conditioning went out. We got a great rate on priceline. The hotel is nice, clean, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a bit small and somewhat crammed with furniture. We found a pair of dirty socks in our closet...that made me question what other cleaning shortcuts had been done. After an extensive search I fould nothing else that indicated the room was dirty. Our room was on the 17th floor. We had a great view of the city. It was quiet all night. Check in and check out was a breeze. Overall it was a great pkace to stay. Oh....we dined at latitude 41, the restaurant in the hotel. The food was amazing! I highly recommend the short ribs. The restaurant uses local growers so everything tasted fresh.

Room Tip: Request a high floor!